General Chat

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That's great!! I got back on piano for about a year now, after like, 10 years of absence... but I'm glad to be able to play again.. I'm currently learning Liszt's Romancero Espagnol right now, since January... and it's honestly the toughest piece I've ever tried to play (the final part of that piece is crazy!!) ,

I'm close to finishing it.. and I'm somewhere at 12:00, where you have to play leaps for 2 minutes straight; it's real hard, but enjoyable to play!!.. But my biggest concern is that I'm planning on recording my playing one day, but I tend to get so nervous and pressurized, even with just recording it.

Been wondering if anyone has some tips on how to overcome that.
This anxiety is something I've had for many years now, and just never goes away.

I'm also making my own arrangement for Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen... and my arrangement on that song is diabolically hard!! But looking at it now, I think I'm ready for it... but still haven't finished it. :p

Wow, a violin!! :eek: I've been wanting to play violin for like, a long time, honestly...
I really love that instrument, and I've heard quite a lot of awesome pieces from violin. :)
Damn, you’re a REAL musician if you can get anywhere close to that!! I can’t add any helpful advice on that side of things, but as far as the anxiety, just relax when you start recording and focus on getting each note at a time instead of the whole thing. I’ve found that breaking shit down into the smallest components helps me piece them all together easier than if I tried to tackle the whole thing at once! Presumably, you won’t have anyone else around while you’re recording, so you won’t need to feel any sort of pressure if it’s just you and your instrument in a room! :sabogood:
Post automatically merged:

I’m fuckin’ BORED as SHIT at work...how is it that the last two or three hours of any week feels way longer than the 30 something preceding it??

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Damn, you’re a REAL musician if you can get anywhere close to that!! I can’t add any helpful advice on that side of things, but as far as the anxiety, just relax when you start recording and focus on getting each note at a time instead of the whole thing. I’ve found that breaking shit down into the smallest components helps me piece them all together easier than if I tried to tackle the whole thing at once! Presumably, you won’t have anyone else around while you’re recording, so you won’t need to feel any sort of pressure if it’s just you and your instrument in a room! :sabogood:

I’m fuckin’ BORED as SHIT at work...how is it that the last two or three hours of any week feels way longer than the 30 something preceding it??
What's your job fellow man

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I do third-party medical billing for a hospital in the American Midwest...very easy work with the amount of experience I have now, but it gets monotonous almost right away, and none of my coworkers read One Piece, so I don’t have much to say to them :smoothieduck:

How’s the engineering going? What exactly do you do?
Still studying my friend, my dream is research field. By the way I'm actually proud of your job fellow man

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Still studying my friend, my dream is research field. By the way I'm actually proud of your job fellow man
What does research entail in engineering? I know you’re detail oriented and extremely sharp just based on our interactions here, so I bet you’re well suited for that kind of thing :akaman:

Ehh, it’s definitely the least I’ve ever hated a job...the pay is pretty good, the work is easy for me, and soon I’ll be able to do it from the comfort of my own home, which is cool. The drawbacks are that this whole industry will likely be automated within five years and I’ll have to go back to some other bullshit 😕

Also, BOY WE BOUT TO BE TOP 5 IN HNH!! :cheers::perocry::fransuper::usosmug::rolaugh:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
What does research entail in engineering? I know you’re detail oriented and extremely sharp just based on our interactions here, so I bet you’re well suited for that kind of thing :akaman:

Ehh, it’s definitely the least I’ve ever hated a job...the pay is pretty good, the work is easy for me, and soon I’ll be able to do it from the comfort of my own home, which is cool. The drawbacks are that this whole industry will likely be automated within five years and I’ll have to go back to some other bullshit 😕

Also, BOY WE BOUT TO BE TOP 5 IN HNH!! :cheers::perocry::fransuper::usosmug::rolaugh:
Pretty much anything involving robotics my man, of course the field is an extremely broad one. I personally am curious about domestic robots and robots that could help people under conditions to live a better life.

It is estimated all families or so should get their first robot by 2030

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pretty much anything involving robotics my man, of course the field is an extremely broad one. I personally am curious about domestic robots and robots that could help people under conditions to live a better life.

It is estimated all families or so should get their first robot by 2030
So you wanna make a Roomba, but on steroids? Or something like Rosie from the Jetsons? I can see how useful something like that would be, but do the recent and impending advances in AI make you a little worried about them becoming sentient?

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
So you wanna make a Roomba, but on steroids? Or something like Rosie from the Jetsons? I can see how useful something like that would be, but do the recent and impending advances in AI make you a little worried about them becoming sentient?
No personally because technically humans could program a chip capable of shouting them off whenever the first robot close to sentient levels gets a weird behaviour.

By the way it is not clear whether or not robots have the potential to become sentient, it seems more studies about the human brain shall help hehe.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
No personally because technically humans could program a chip capable of shouting them off whenever the first robot close to sentient levels gets a weird behaviour.

By the way it is not clear whether or not robots have the potential to become sentient, it seems more studies about the human brain shall help hehe.
Yeah, I imagine you’d need a solid failsafe just in case they move across the Uncanny Valley and start acting like real humans. I’m hoping that they DON’T become sentient, because that’s an uprising we wouldn’t survive :odenugh:

What y’all got cooking for your weekends??

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Yeah, I imagine you’d need a solid failsafe just in case they move across the Uncanny Valley and start acting like real humans. I’m hoping that they DON’T become sentient, because that’s an uprising we wouldn’t survive :odenugh:

What y’all got cooking for your weekends??
I'm eating trash food as in my habit, also thanks to my metabolism of course

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'm eating trash food as in my habit, also thanks to my metabolism of course
Final, I do truly envy you...I also eat like a child whose parents left him home alone for the weekend, but my metabolism keeps screaming at me that I’m not 16 anymore and this behavior is going to kill me. Cherish your gastrointestinal fortitude while you’ve got it, man :pepehands:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Final, I do truly envy you...I also eat like a child whose parents left him home alone for the weekend, but my metabolism keeps screaming at me that I’m not 16 anymore and this behavior is going to kill me. Cherish your gastrointestinal fortitude while you’ve got it, man :pepehands:
Guess its downfall shall occur the very moment I will be as old as Master Roshi xd

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I went snowboarding all day yesterday and today, I went bowling with friends and went out for dinner. Tomorrow would probably be finishing assignments

hbu?
Damn, Kiwi, you’re staying busy! I haven’t done much today, going to record a podcast with some friends (I’m embarrassed to even say those words) and have dinner with my girlfriend’s family tomorrow. How long have you been snowboarding?