General Chat

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Jew D. Boy

You are core American right?

I noticed something that keeps bothering me.

In rap music videos a lot of rappers don't say the full word but rather do something like "Soon as I step on the scene" ( it should be As soon as I step on the scene right? ) Does English related people care about things like this?

I remember when I was in school my English teachers always talked about this that we should always use the proper form and etc.

But does it matter to people who live in the USA or England?

@Jew D. Boy

In rap music videos a lot of rappers don't say the full word but rather do something like "Soon as I step on the scene" ( it should be As soon as I step on the scene right? ) Does English related people care about things like this?

I remember when I was in school my English teachers always talked about this that we should always use the proper form and etc.

It's Rap, they're going to cut down on words or how it's said to make it sound catchy for one. Proper sentences isn't something your going to find in rap music, that's like it's antithesis.
I have a saying; Rap stands for Retards Attempting Poetry.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It's Rap, they're going to cut down on words or how it's said to make it sound catchy for one. Proper sentences isn't something your going to find in rap music, that's like it's antithesis.
Yeah, I know but I mean about people.

Let's say I go on vacation to the USA.
Would people care if I say the full sentences or a shorter ones?

Yeah, I know but I mean about people.

Let's say I go on vacation to the USA.
Would people care if I say the full sentences or a shorter ones?
Whatever sounds natural imo. Being to polite is one thing but being too proper is another thing, but you would be a foreigner. /shrug
If you can get your meaning across with less words that's perfect, Just be sure your pronouncing your words correctly haha.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy

It certainly matters to some, but even as a longtime aspiring writer, I don’t care about the bad grammar. Flow and rhythm are far more important in rap than syntax, you know?

@Jew D. Boy

So basically, rap is a type of popular music of US black origin in which words are recited rapidly and rhythmically over a prerecorded, typically electronic instrumental backing. It's basically like a mumbling repetitive words in a song. And you're not supposed to say a full words in rap cuz you want to make a flowing rhythm out of it. For me, rap is just an ordinary and boring genre of music. There's a reason behind this so yeah.

So basically, rap is a type of popular music of US black origin in which words are recited rapidly and rhythmically over a prerecorded, typically electronic instrumental backing. It's basically like a mumbling repetitive words in a song. And you're not supposed to say a full words in rap cuz you want to make a flowing rhythm out of it. For me, rap is just an ordinary and boring genre of music. There's a reason behind this so yeah.
Retards Attempting Poetry, this generation of rap is complete shit.