General Chat

My friends and I have been playing a D&D campaign since before covid. My character is a cleric and my personal quest has been searching for my missing friend. Today I finally found my friend!
I remember visiting Columbia University's physics building with some of their doctoral candidates, and they invited me to drink and play D&D with them. It's the first and only time I ever played. We played for hours, and the game wasn't done.

I don't know how people can play that game.

I remember visiting Columbia University's physics building with some of their doctoral candidates, and they invited me to drink and play D&D with them. It's the first and only time I ever played. We played for hours, and the game wasn't done.

I don't know how people can play that game.
It’s a lot of fun but can be long. My friends and I use roll20 because the DM and her boyfriend moved to another state. We also don’t play every week, and the DM doesn’t mind if you need to get up and do something else or take a quick break.

I learned it’s easier to give your character a simple backstory rather than a complicated one. Also for role playing I like using the five senses. If I enter a pub, I may ask what languages do I hear? Does anyone’s body language look suspicious?

It’s a lot of fun but can be long. My friends and I use roll20 because the DM and her boyfriend moved to another state. We also don’t play every week, and the DM doesn’t mind if you need to get up and do something else or take a quick break.

I learned it’s easier to give your character a simple backstory rather than a complicated one. Also for role playing I like using the five senses. If I enter a pub, I may ask what languages do I hear? Does anyone’s body language look suspicious?
This was like 6 years ago, so I don't remember everything that I did. I think I rolled for unlikely events after the first 10 minutes.

I play Monopoly a lot, so I can play games that last a few hours and need constant attention. I can't play those types of games if they also go on for multiple days lol

This was like 6 years ago, so I don't remember everything that I did. I think I rolled for unlikely events after the first 10 minutes.

I play Monopoly a lot, so I can play games that last a few hours and need constant attention. I can't play those types of games if they also go on for multiple days lol
I have to take notes. Also my DM is good about giving us a recap. I like being able to creatively problem solve.

- Goes over someone else 40 lines of code.
- Reduce it to 5 lines with less bugs
- Get called out and told it is slow. [Testing proves it is faster too...]
- Get called out again to say I did it because she was female. [Did it because I was told to optimize the server and restructure stuff]
- Apologize to me in private and tries to be normal again.

I responded with "ok". Things feel arkward now. At the moment I didn't care but now I do.

[Update]
I'm a role model apperantly. Yay?!?!?!? I just want to do my job and go home. I wish they would start, stop caring like I do so work can go back to normal. :(.

Last edited: