Questions & Mysteries General Man’U: Future Role and Actions

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Let’s re-vamp our Kingdom discussions:

I love this character lol. Even without us knowing all that much about him, the fact that this guy showed up on panel and throttled Moubu, something that most thought would’ve been impossible at this point, is reason enough to love him for me. He is one of the more intriguing characters we’ve met as he doesn’t seem to possess “weight” and acts like he’s evolved past the concept entirely, by coming to the conclusion that everything is meaningless.

This by itself makes Man’U one of the most unique characters in the manga. If Houken is someone who could never understand the “Weight” possessed by Great Generals, then Man’U is someone who fully understands that Weight but has become jaded and views such things to be meaningless:

Which begs the question: what is Hara’s ultimate goal with this character?

When I first read Juukou, I remember getting a feeling that Man’U could survive the battle, but in retrospect this character is so unique that I think he’ll probably have a pretty major role in the future, though I have no idea what that could be.

What do you guys think? What will Man’U’s role in the future be? Share your thoughts :)

@Owl Ki
@Dark Admiral
@Patryipe
@Bullet
@Shanks
@MarineHQ62
@RayanOO
@Blackbeard
@Xione

Next time tag me too, tf
Post automatically merged:

Maybe after one last battle with Moubu he warms up to Sei's goal and joins Qin, that would be a nice twist. Cuz i too believe it would be a waste to kill off an interesting character like him. Keeping him alive has potential

But cant help but feel like hes gonna die regardless

Last edited:
What do you guys think? What will Man’U’s role in the future be? Share your thoughts :)
The first and most likely scenario, he's going to be Kouen's dark horse. Kouen, Hakuki and Kanki were some of the best examples of how thoughts on warfare began to evolve. I don't think it was a coincidence that Chu managed to recruit a Great General without a burden/concept of loyalty to kingdoms. The only ones that could come up with that level of scheme are Shunshinkun and Kouen.

If someone like Manu or Sentoun was in Kisui's place, barely any of Kanki's tactics during Kokuyou would have succeeded, Kouen will utilize that nothingness. When Karin is about to execute him for his retreat from Jukoou (she ain't but that would be a dramatic entrance for the tiger), Kouen will pop up making his first debut to take him into his personal army, securing his rematch with Moubu at the endgame.

It would be great if all the upper echelons of Kouen's army were a collection of veteran GGs+ from different small-big states absorbed by Chu during the the past few decades, creating an EoS worthy challenge for Qin. Second scenario is Manu joining Qin by having Jukoou somehow convincing him, but that would be less intense than the first scenario.

Due to Karin "talking" to him, I think he's coming back and if so, he's definitely going to fight for Chu in the next time we see them (no way would karin let someone as powerful as Manu go without killing them.) The question I'm wondering is when will the next time we see Chu will be the Final Invasion of it or a filler arc (excluding usual political scenes during every arc)? If it's the latter, then I see Manu being the main general for Chu again, this is coming by belief that Moubu's main opponent in the final invasion being the you-know-who Prince, it wouldn't make sense for Moubu to then fight Manu in some grand battle unless if Moubu come faces Manu after Moubu learns of the betrayal Manu warned him about.
I also can't see Moubu, Sentoun, & Genu not being slayed in the end, as their whole gist was that they're fighting without meaning on the battlefield until they're stopped, and them fighting for Qin/Moubu wouldn't make that much sense because I don't remember any big historical records of Moubu after the Unification Wars. So if Manu is getting killed, it's probably Moubu. I like the character a lot but I don't see him anymore important other than a man who foreshadows possible future Moubu. Badass design & fighter tho.

I wanted him to join forces with Qin and take revenge on Chu for making him slaughter his own people. But,
It would be great if all the upper echelons of Kouen's army were a collection of veteran GGs+ from different small-big states absorbed by Chu during the the past few decades, creating an EoS worthy challenge for Qin. Second scenario is Manu joining Qin by having Jukoou somehow convincing him, but that would be less intense than the first scenario.
this made me rethink his character as a whole. He was a GG carrying a whole lot of weight on his shoulders and was later on betrayed by his own men (King). Was unbeatable even though his own country lost the battle and later on had his own piece of land to protect and enjoy the warfare by doing so.
Technically speaking Chu is now his homeland. The country that he protected is part of the Chu and some of the citizens too. If Kou'En played his card right and proves to be the master strategist, he will definitely make Man'U a valuable asset to Chu. Also, the parting words of Man'U to Moubu states that they are to clash once again. Maybe Man'U will once again become a boulder in a path of Moubu which he will have to overcome.
By then, the very warning that Man'U gave to Moubu will have been proven right too which will make their conversation next level interesting.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This is basically what Chu is now, so yes I think Kou En’s personal retinue will all be GGs or ex-GGs lol.

I think the way Hara is planning the dichotomy between Qin and Chu is this:

When Sei and the Qi King spoke, the Qi King told Sei that the other states would never willingly submit themselves to Qin, as for a state to go from their own histories, cultures, beliefs, etc...to become another state would not be possible. The Zhao for example will never call themselves Qin, as their is too much pride in calling themselves Zhao.

Sei acknowledges this, and says that he will unite China not under the banner of the Qin, but he will form an entirely new, United China that will not just be Qin but much more. He says that by doing this, the other states will be glad to be United as they can keep their proud histories and identities but instead be called one China instead of separate states.

So at EOS, Qin will be fighting for the right to unite everyone under a new China.

The Chu, are what Qin would have become had Sei not wanted to create a new China, but instead wanted to conquest for Qin glory. They would’ve become a fragmented Superstate, composed of separated smaller states who have no greater loyalty to the whole.

The way Chu breaks in people like Man’U is not by giving them a dream and/or ideal to fight for, but by breaking their spirit and taking away what they used to fight for in the first place. In Man’U’s case, they tricked him into slaughtering the very people it was his goal to protect (there is 0 way the Chu didn’t do this to Man’U and co on purpose.)

The Chu are being built up as opposites to the EOS Qin, which makes my ultimate EOS Chu king theory even more appropriate but enough of this for now lol.

it wouldn't make sense for Moubu to then fight Manu in some grand battle unless if Moubu come faces Manu after Moubu learns of the betrayal Manu warned him about.
This is also very true. So Man’U may very well live long into the final Chu battle, and he may even be Moubu’s “final opponent”, as let’s not forget, Juukou Ou says the only reason that Chu lost Juukou was because Man’U suddenly changed and “took it easy” on Moubu instead of crushing him. It’s possible we may not have seen Man’U’s power ceiling just yet.

There are three possibilities that I see with him in regards to the future (historical spoilers included):

1st - Serves as the big boss for the mini-Chu invasion that Ouhon will do where he takes a decent chunk of land from Chu. Though I reckon this would be off-screened as the main focus will be on what Shin would be doing at that time. Or at best might get few chapters of highlight, but that's about it, thus would be a waste to do this even if it's a small arc like Juuko.

2nd - Moubu's opponent. Since the Qin side will be loaded with monsters, the Chu will need monsters of their own. Tiger of Chu would probably be put up against Shin. There's also the possibility of SHK vs Shin, as Shin would most likely want revenge for the betrayal that cost him tons of his commanders. Not to mention Shin and SHK have a build up to a potential feud down the line. So if Shin takes on SHK in a revenge match then you feed Man'U to Moubu. There's also of course the factor of Mouki/KaryoTen/Mouten vs SHK as well, so that might be another reason to feed Man'U to Moubu, even if Shin ends up going against Tiger of Chu.

3rd - You feed him to Shin in his intial invasion where he goes on a rampage conquering Chu. Man'U & SentOu are the perfect pair of opponents for Chu invasion HSU. Feed Sentou to Kyoukai and feed Man'U to Shin. It'd be a huge victory for the glooming darkness that would be SHK & Kouen. HSU at this point is gonna be so overpowered with Ten/Kyoukai/Shin all being GG levels.

^^ Now that's still 8-10 years in story time. As for the weight.. honestly can't say. Maybe Karin can convince him for the good, maybe he'll want to defend Chu after seeing Qin go on a rampage across China. A lot of possiblities.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
It would be great if all the upper echelons of Kouen's army were a collection of veteran GGs+ from different small-big states absorbed by Chu during the the past few decades, creating an EoS worthy challenge for Qin.
oh shit that would be dope. Kouen's known as the conquerer of the east, he's probably conquered a bunch states.

I think we might have already seen some of them.

Beastly dude on the far left is probably Kouen himself, the guys farther in the background are probably his main subordinates.

The Chu are being built up as opposites to the EOS Qin, which makes my ultimate EOS Chu king theory even more appropriate but enough of this for now lol.
What is your theory? Iirc the King of Chu died after the prime minister was assassinated.

This is also very true. So Man’U may very well live long into the final Chu battle, and he may even be Moubu’s “final opponent”, as let’s not forget, Juukou Ou says the only reason that Chu lost Juukou was because Man’U suddenly changed and “took it easy” on Moubu instead of crushing him. It’s possible we may not have seen Man’U’s power ceiling just yet.
Moubu's final opponent is definitely Shouheikun.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Shouheikun is the last King of Chu. He is a dark foil to Ei Sei as both have almost identical backgrounds.
That makes sense. Do you think Ei Sei will become a tyrant then?

I expect SHK to be the final main villain before unification.

Who do you think will beat SHK then, Moubu or Shin?

I have no idea why SHK will betray Qin tho. We already know it's going to happen, but I can't think of a good reason why he would.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
That makes sense. Do you think Ei Sei will become a tyrant then?

I expect SHK to be the final main villain before unification.

Who do you think will beat SHK then, Moubu or Shin?

I have no idea why SHK will betray Qin tho. We already know it's going to happen, but I can't think of a good reason why he would.
Ei Sei, I think, is actually the final villain of Kingdom. I’m planning a giant explanatory post to explain why.

Shouheikun and Kou En will be the final bosses before China is unified.

Then China will be unified, and Ousen will use Ei Sei’s insanity to try and pull a coup in order to become the King of a Unified China, making him the last truly major antagonist.

And then in the end, Ei Sei will have gone completely batshit insane and Shin will have to slay him in the end.

Moubu will defeat Shouheikun. Shin’s big bad during the Chu Arc will be the man himself, Kou En. Kou En will horrifically defeat Shin and Mouten during the first Chu invasion, and then in the next Chu invasion, Shin will have his “Avengers” moment where he defeats Kou En after having been previously defeated by him.

That’s what I think anyway lol.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Ei Sei, I think, is actually the final villain of Kingdom. I’m planning a giant explanatory post to explain why.

Shouheikun and Kou En will be the final bosses before China is unified.

Then China will be unified, and Ousen will use Ei Sei’s insanity to try and pull a coup in order to become the King of a Unified China, making him the last truly major antagonist.

And then in the end, Ei Sei will have gone completely batshit insane and Shin will have to slay him in the end.

Moubu will defeat Shouheikun. Shin’s big bad during the Chu Arc will be the man himself, Kou En. Kou En will horrifically defeat Shin and Mouten during the first Chu invasion, and then in the next Chu invasion, Shin will have his “Avengers” moment where he defeats Kou En after having been previously defeated by him.

That’s what I think anyway lol.
:steef:
I think Shin vs Renpa during the Chu invasion is possible, but Kouen will definitely be Shin's most notable opponent.

Ousen being the final villain is definitely possible, making him and Kanki members of the 6GG is definitely going to bite Qin in the ass at some point. Historically, I think he retires after the invasion of Chu.

We need to wait for Ei Sei's attempted assassination attempts to see if he goes crazy or not. It would be super ironic if Shin kills the man he helped become Emperor. Hara has had opportunities to make Ei Sei less of a sympathetic figure in past chapters, but he chose not to do them(i.e Ei Sei spared the Queen Mother's children instead of killing them like he did in Real life).

Moubu vs Shouheikun is literally the manga event I'm most excited about lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
:steef:
I think Shin vs Renpa during the Chu invasion is possible, but Kouen will definitely be Shin's most notable opponent.

Ousen being the final villain is definitely possible, making him and Kanki members of the 6GG is definitely going to bite Qin in the ass at some point. Historically, I think he retires after the invasion of Chu.

We need to wait for Ei Sei's attempted assassination attempts to see if he goes crazy or not. It would be super ironic if Shin kills the man he helped become Emperor. Hara has had opportunities to make Ei Sei less of a sympathetic figure in past chapters, but he chose not to do them(i.e Ei Sei spared the Queen Mother's children instead of killing them like he did in Real life).

Moubu vs Shouheikun is literally the manga event I'm most excited about lol.
Yeah Renpa will be more like an “on the way” antagonist during the Chu War. He’ll emerge to face Shin but ultimately Shin’s target is Kou En.

Ousen is surely the last opponent Shin will have to defeat in war. At that point, Ousen is the only remaining contender in China who can oppose Shin’s claim of being the greatest general ever. I actually have said in the past, I’m 99.9% sure Ousen is Qi royalty, and the reason no one trusts him is because he carries the dangerous Qi ambition of unification from back when Qi was defeated by Yan and the first Coalition Army. Ousen is specifically trying to unite China with Qin, so that he can take over a unified China in the end.

The manga event I’m most hyped for is the Chu campaign, specifically Kou En. I can’t recall any manga characters from the past decade that I have been this excited for, bar Kaido back when I was dumb, and Blast back when I still had hope for OPM.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Yeah Renpa will be more like an “on the way” antagonist during the Chu War. He’ll emerge to face Shin but ultimately Shin’s target is Kou En.

Ousen is surely the last opponent Shin will have to defeat in war. At that point, Ousen is the only remaining contender in China who can oppose Shin’s claim of being the greatest general ever. I actually have said in the past, I’m 99.9% sure Ousen is Qi royalty, and the reason no one trusts him is because he carries the dangerous Qi ambition of unification from back when Qi was defeated by Yan and the first Coalition Army. Ousen is specifically trying to unite China with Qin, so that he can take over a unified China in the end.

The manga event I’m most hyped for is the Chu campaign, specifically Kou En. I can’t recall any manga characters from the past decade that I have been this excited for, bar Kaido back when I was dumb, and Blast back when I still had hope for OPM.
I think you mentioned this is another thread, but Renpa should definitely die on the battlefield. I think Shin being the one to kill him makes sense.

The King of Qi's name is Ouken after all, so Ousen being a relative of him isn't that crazy(oh shit that means Ouki and Oukutsu also have royal Qi blood).

The King of Qi is a really interesting character.... hope we see more of him.

I was actually thinking to myself that it seems almost impossible for even EOS Shin to surpass Ousen's experiences. Shin actually defeating Ousen in a battle would be a good way to signify that Shin has become the greatest.

I'd say that the top 5 events I'm most excited for are:
  1. Moubu vs Shouheikun.
  2. Kouen defeating Shin and killing 7 of his commanders.
  3. Ei Sei's first attempted assassination attempt.
  4. Ou Hon drowning the capital of Wei.
  5. Riboku's death.

Man'U is such a wildcard. He was one of the most unexpected characters to be introduced and i am really intrigued where Hara is taking him. I have the feeling that he won't stay loyal to Chu for long. I'd like him to survive the Chu campaign and retire.

I think Manu'u will serve as a mini-boss for Moubu going up against Shou Hei Kun. Similair to how Luffy took down Blueno in Enies Lobby before exhausting himself against Lucci. Seeing as how Shou Hei Kun defected to Chu but didn't fight Qin right from the beginning of their campaign it would make sense for Hara to set up multiple opponents other than the big dogs like Karin, Kou En, Renpa etc.
Post automatically merged:

Beastly dude on the far left is probably Kouen himself, the guys farther in the background are probably his main subordinates.
Could be possible but it could also be a silhouette that Hara drew of what will eventually be Kou En kinda similair to how Oda drew Kaido back in water 7.