Anime & Manga General OP Shipping Thread

Sure!! Doflamingo is definitely not above rape. But how would he make Viola call him by "Doffy"? Either it was Stockholm syndrome or Viola actually liked him.
the first time i saw it i thought nothing of it and that she said that to mock him

Nah, he’s terrible, but raping women is not a line he’d cross. We can see how he treats his subordinates, he was never opposed to people doing what they’re passionate about. Note how he doesn’t move a finger despite Baby 5 attacks. He’s charismatic and women like him, the ladies at his pool were anything but intimidated by him :yasu:

And of course, she called him Doffy; this is not a coincidence. It’s an affair she accepted and half loved half hated. She was torn.
doflamingo doesn't have lines when baby 5 attacked that was because he killed her fiancé for the 3 third time and he didn’t explain to her that marrying these people is bad for her he just kept laughing that directly contradicts what you said about being opposed to their passion and i’m pretty sure if baby 5 attacks did damage to him and was strong as dj or red hawk he would have attacked her

let’s no forget he asked monet to kill herself so she delf destruct the lab you don’t care about your family if tell your family to kill them self they can take your enemy with them when the SAD gas was already gone

and for the women at the pool they know him as their king and savior not as he really is

the young viola we see in flashback and the one in present time is same character nothing changed so to think that she suddenly became stupid during her time with doflamingo family is unlikely viola has a devil fruit that can see people intentions with it

it was either

A) viola pretended to like him so she became closer to the dofamingo family and earn their trust

B) it was a deal or rape

i don’t buy anything else

M

MD Zolo

it was either

A) viola pretended to like him so she became closer to the dofamingo family and earn their trust

B) it was a deal or rape

Except, if she is pretending, she doesn't have to call him Doffy in his absence, does she?

And Oda already explained that it happened because Dressrosa is the land of passion. You may hate Doffy for many reasons, but saying that he raped her when Oda says otherwise seems bone-headed.

doflamingo doesn't have lines when baby 5 attacked that was because he killed her fiancé for the 3 third time and he didn’t explain to her that marrying these people is bad for her he just kept laughing that directly contradicts what you said about being opposed to their passion and i’m pretty sure if baby 5 attacks did damage to him and was strong as dj or red hawk he would have attacked her

let’s no forget he asked monet to kill herself so she delf destruct the lab you don’t care about your family if tell your family to kill them self they can take your enemy with them when the SAD gas was already gone

and for the women at the pool they know him as their king and savior not as he really is

the young viola we see in flashback and the one in present time is same character nothing changed so to think that she suddenly became stupid during her time with doflamingo family is unlikely viola has a devil fruit that can see people intentions with it

it was either

B) it was a deal or rape

First of all, he didn't have to endure any kind of bother from Baby 5, but he did. That already makes him pretty mild natured as a villain. It's not about her actually being able to hurt him or not, it's just allowing someone to flip out at him freely.

He likes seeing others hurt, but even in case of Monet, he didn't have to move a finger to do it himself. His strings, actions and business are a symbolic way of showing that Doffy is a manipulative character. He rarely does stuff himself, he doesn't dirty his fab royal hands etc.

It's not as black and white as you see it, Viola as a woman had a lot of mixed feelings, she got attached despite being forced to be part of the Doffy family. She wanted to kill him to make it right, not just because of her family/country but also because they got very personal. That's why she also has a pet name for him.

IF ONLY ODA COULD HAVE SHOWN IT PROPERLY

M

MD Zolo

First of all, he didn't have to endure any kind of bother from Baby 5, but he did. That already makes him pretty mild natured as a villain. It's not about her actually being able to hurt him or not, it's just allowing someone to flip out at him freely.

He likes seeing others hurt, but even in case of Monet, he didn't have to move a finger to do it himself. His strings, actions and business are a symbolic way of showing that Doffy is a manipulative character. He rarely does stuff himself, he doesn't dirty his fab royal hands etc.

It's not as black and white as you see it, Viola as a woman had a lot of mixed feelings, she got attached despite being forced to be part of the Doffy family. She wanted to kill him to make it right, not just because of her family/country but also because they got very personal. That's why she also has a pet name for him.

Actually I think it was just an oversight from Oda that Viola calls Doflamingo as "Doffy". When a reader questioned him about it, instead of manning up, he decided to have them romantically linked.

Very poor choice, considering how much Doflamingo hurt Viola. But it's Oda.

I dont understand why she cant call him Doffy when others can?

Lmao my dude. I'm not looking for validation and I couldn't care less who you ship who with either.

I'm just saying I'm not trolling. Bash on the ship all you like I don't really mind.
Never said you were, its just a shitty ass pairing. A guy who thinks he's a girl x A girl who wants to be Oden or as manly as he was. Take what you will.. just pointing out how I see it.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Never said you were, its just a shitty ass pairing. A guy who thinks he's a girl x A girl who wants to be Oden or as manly as he was. Take what you will.. just pointing out how I see it.
Nah my guy you said I was trolling in your first post. Just saying I wasn't.

And yes the paring doesn't have much ground other than that reason, but it is what it is. For me that's enough.
:catsure:

For her it's different because she hates him, but also loves him in a way, do you get my drift? He caused her so much pain yet she chose to call him like that and attack him herself.
I get what u mean , but I dont think theres anything b/w them just bcoz she called him his name. You can call your enemy his/her name. His top officers call him Doffy and iirc even Law calls him by the same name