I believe the notion that women are as lustful as men sterns from western world perspective
With all due respect and in all seriousness AL, in societies that seperate men from women one gender is not going to find out much about the other gender's sexuality.
Women in male dominated societies do not communicate these topics as they are considered private and "girl talk".

My dad didn't know much about topics such as periods etc (and would get rather uncomfortable if my mum brought up menstruation, pregnancy, gynecology etc) when I was a kid because in his country sexuality was a taboo and women would not share such information with their male relatives.

And you seem to not be aware that Europe used to be very misogynistic for centuries, most achievements regarding equality are predominantly a thing of the past century.

Just a few centuries back, renowned scholars were convinced that women cannot experience orgasms, are in fact defective men and have naturally weak souls making them more susceptible to fall for the Devil(which eventually led to the high amount of witch trials in early modern times).
Old Roman as well as Greek civilisation gave no voting rights to women, in some Greek poleis women had no right to speak in the presence of men, Roman male family heads had the right to punish any female members of their family in any way they wanted without requiring a court sentence etc....

AL sama

Red Haired
It depends on the culture when it comes to open sexual desires. The west is way more open than the east. It also more universally acceptable for men. It can make a women less desirable if he's open.
its obvious and that's why I used the word "calm"

sexual desire is a basic human need/instinct regardless of gender but men fails to contain their urges more often than not

however I can't say the same for women

I rarely see you outside of the politics thread
Well, other threads are not that interesting. Especially with my vision of One Piece that goes completely against the trend here lol

I believe the notion that women are as lustful as men sterns from western world perspective
I'm not bothered don't worry :)

The culture is the only thing that differ but patriarchy is everywhere. Women are oppressed all over the world and told to refrain those type of feeling.

Its not just a western view, its worldwide. (except some small civilisations here and there)

.You don't often see women bragging about their sexual adventures.
All the women I met "bragged" about it at one point or another. The point is to make them feel safe to share that type of stuff and not be in the judgment.

Because judgment of society is the only reason why they don't feel legitimate to share personnal and sexual stuff.
Post automatically merged:

men fails to contain their urges more often than not
That's one of the problem of patriarchy indeed. Men are taught (at least in major western countries) that to be a man, you must have sex (mostly with a woman) this is destructive to men but also women in general as it favor the apparition of bad sexual behavior such as rape or agressions.

Last edited:

AL sama

Red Haired
With all due respect and in all seriousness AL, in societies that seperate men from women one gender is not going to find out much about the other gender's sexuality.
Women in male dominated societies do not communicate these topics as they are considered private and "girl talk".

My dad didn't know much about topics such as periods etc (and would get rather uncomfortable if my mum brought up menstruation, pregnancy, gynecology etc) when I was a kid because in his country sexuality was a taboo and women would not share such information with their male relatives.

And you seem to not be aware that Europe used to be very misogynistic for centuries, most achievements regarding equality are predominantly a thing of the past century.

Just a few centuries back, renowned scholars were convinced that women cannot experience orgasms, are in fact defective men and have naturally weak souls making them more susceptible to fall for the Devil(which eventually led to the high amount of witch trials in early modern times).
Old Roman as well as Greek civilisation gave no voting rights to women, in some Greek poleis women had no right to speak in the presence of men, Roman male family heads had the right to punish any female members of their family in any way they wanted without requiring a court sentence etc....
I understand what you're trying to say but did you see what I said to van??

How extreme is the difference between men and women in dating apps ? Do women get spammed with messages and ghost most men they talk to ? Aren't men way more manier in these apps ? Does it mean that they have more sexual desire than women ?

How extreme is the difference between men and women in dating apps ? Do women get spammed with messages and ghost most men they talk to ? Aren't men way more manier in these apps ? Does it mean that they have more sexual desire than women ?
In a society where men are raised to become predators, this is logical

Don’t quote me if you go off-topic then. I was talking about desires in men, no straw man intended.
You were implying a difference of behavior between men and women. I replied to you in that specific context (that it was logical to see those behavior in a society were men are predator and women told to shut themselves up), no need to be on the defensive, it wasn't an attack mate.

Just as the millennials rebelled against their more christan right winging parents
the zoomers are then rebelling against their more left wing woke parents

The pendulum always swings back at you cause as history shows, forcing an idealogy only makes future generations hate it

I'm not talking about the publication I'm talking about the way the Data were collected. And in that domain, its not about that specific study but the rest.
Do you know what bias collection of data means?

You can say that the informaiton isn't absolutely accurate since some people misreported

If that was significant then they wouldn't have stuck to the conclusion rather they would have said its uncertain whthermen have a higher drive or rather have concluded women have higher instead.

Like what is the point of asking for research papers when you yourself will have twisted interpretations?

"This article explains sex drive from a scientific, psychological perspective—operationalized as sexual thoughts, desire, and masturbation frequency—and provides support using a meta-analytic review that men have a stronger sex drive than women. Some but not all of these gender differences may be caused by men overreporting and/or women underreporting their sex drive. These findings advance our understanding of sexual dynamics in interpersonal relationships and society at large"