Character Discussion Gorosei Gandhi could not harden the sword in 1000 years.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
He can't be any worse than Saturn, and that man oozes Haki from his entire body.
We will see if they end up as CoC Users.

I personally dont think so. They're just the Calamities or Seats of Imu. I dont even think Zoro will struggle to beat Venus when he fights him, certainly not as much as he will against Mihawk.

Gandhi, using the top 12 blade for 1000 years, could not harden it. But judging by Saturn, the Horosei are masters of acoc. That is, the swordsman Nandi (who in my opinion is number 3 in strength, after Mihawk and Shanks) is not strong enough for this. Another proof that it is the power of haki and the swordsman in general that allows you to harden the blade and increase its level, and not the duration of wearing.Only the Sword God and the Strongest Swordsman have achieved this.
What about GB?

We will see if they end up as CoC Users.

I personally dont think so. They're just the Calamities or Seats of Imu. I dont even think Zoro will struggle to beat Venus when he fights him, certainly not as much as he will against Mihawk.
I would tend to agree if it wasn't for the fact that Saturn is completely unfazed by the fact that Kizaru is temporarily incapacitated. In fact, he didn't even want his presence to be known at all, so the fact that he made an appearance, indicates he didn't think they'd be able to handle it, had he not stepped in, and this was before Kizaru got molly whopped. If this is a bluff on Oda's part, he's laying it on thick.

He can't be any worse than Saturn, and that man oozes Haki from his entire body.
Yes. Horosei masters of haki. This makes Ryuma and Mihouk look even better, it makes the hardening of the blade really the pinnacle of the sword, even if a 1000-year-old sword master and acoc Gandhi with a top 12 blade could not achieve this.

Yes. Horosei masters of haki. This makes Ryuma and Mihouk look even better, it makes the hardening of the blade really the pinnacle of the sword, even if a 1000-year-old sword master and acoc Gandhi with a top 12 blade could not achieve this.
No, it only would make them look better if you are part of the crowd who thinks black blades are strictly a byproduct of one's level of haki. Since that's nothing but headcannon at the moment, it does not objectively make them look better.

No, it only would make them look better if you are part of the crowd who thinks black blades are strictly a byproduct of one's level of haki. Since that's nothing but headcannon at the moment, it does not objectively make them look better.
Of course, the black blade is NOT only a powerful haki (although haki is certainly one of the key factors of tempering). But it still makes Ryouma and Mihouka better. The swordsman Gandhi lacked something to climb to the top of these two.

It shows that black blades may not really be that special or add such a tremendous boast in attack power or strenght.

All we know is that blackening a blade makes it harder to break and that's it. Anything else is headcannon.
Post automatically merged:

The older you are the more difficult it is to harden
Jahajahhahaha

You need to have severe autism and schizophrenia to forge a black blade.
Zoro thinks he is possessed by a demon and starts talking to skeletons when hes sleeping.
Mihawk befriends a bunch of apes and sips wine as a recluse.
Ryuma was probably 10x worse.