Theory Grand Line, red line are artificially created

I’ve been thinking about this theory a lot. But never actually shared it on a forum. I’m gonna be honest I do not have any evidence, that is one of the main reasons I didn’t share it. So this is purely speculative yet quite interesting. So I ask you fellow nakama to read it and tell me what you think.

The world in one piece is quite weirdly structured and don’t really make much sense. This in a world where Nami explained how islands are born from underground Vulcans. And here we have a continent that encircles the entire planet?
I found it quite weird but didn’t question it. Until the introduction of Pica’s devil fruit. So I think the red line was artificially created 900 years ago by a user of Ishi ishi no mi. Pica was able to assimilate a lot of stone almost all of dressrosa and he isn’t a very strong character. We know that the strength of a DF user depends on his spirit. Streusen from the BM pirates was categorized as island level. Now imagine someone at the level of BM, Kaido, garp, sengoku, WB or gold Roger with the ishi ishi no mi and awakening. They could assimilate entire islands and even more and the sea water wouldn’t(probably) effect them since it is not their true body in touch with the water. By doing this someone could have created the red line. But why? That is the question I asked myself as well.
900 years ago 20 countries gathered together and attacked the Ancient kingdom. This kingdom had extraordinary technological advancements, military power etc. But why creat a red line and grand line?
Simple: the AK knew they couldn’t win. So what they did is using DF they changed the topography of the entire world to make it almost impossible to reach laugh tale unless you knew where it is and the special road to get there. Aka 4 road PG.
The isha isha no mi was used to create the red line.
The jiki jiki no mi was used to greate the different magnetic fields on the grand line so that only the Log pose can help you travel. Jiki jiki no mi is kids fruit for those who do not know it automatically. With awakening the effect are permanent until changed by someone else with the same power. This is also the reason you can not get to Laugh tale with a log pose.
A devil fruit that allows control of weather created the calm belt. I think this is gonna be Dragons fruit.
It can’t be kaido because in the recent chapters it was explained that dragons summon thunderclouds but they do not control the weather entirely.

And lastly Poseidon was used to make the sea kings watch over the calm belt.

This made it so that the WG could not reach the AK(laugh tale) but in the process they trapped the fish man under the red line. The promise joy boy made was to free them again.

And this is also the reason why there once was an all blue end the legend exists but there is none now.

I could go in to more detail and what can happen, but since this is purely speculative I will stop here until I know what you guys think.

P.S. I also thought that maybe the weapon Ouranos is like a DF enhancer to make ti possible to do this things on higher level. Like cerebro is used by Charles Xavier to enhance his abilities. And with the weapon Luffy will undo it. Kid will change the magnetic field, dragon the calm belt and pica can lose his DF to someone else.

Last edited:
Some nice speculation! I have been thinking about this a lot too. I'm verry curious why the magnetic fields in paradise and new world work differently. And even why they are different from the other seas. The Calm Belts must be a reaction of the difference in magnetic fields

Think the reason the WG call Pluton, Uranos and Poseidon weapons is because in the same way they were used to change the world Geography in the void century to a way that would improve the WG control over it, they can be used to change it again and weakend the WG.

And probably the One Piece itself and the treasure of Marijoa also have relations with this change in Geography.

Pluton: Destroy the Reverse Mountain/Red Line
Poseidon: Undo the Calm Belt
Uranus: Pehaps end the crazy climate in the GL?

Dont know If the DF have something to do with it, but could be. Or could even be the Lunarians power if they have something more than Fire.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and the support. I’m actually working on a theory that ties in this and what the one piece is and what happened in void century. It will take a couple of months, because I’m rereading everyone piece chapter slowly,
Analyzing and trying to connect all the dots I might have missed. Since oda recently said that the most knowledgeable one piece fans can guess what the one piece is. And I pride myself as a huge one piece fan with over 20 years of loyalty to it. I want to give it a shot. And if not alone together we can do it.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I still wonder where Im sama is from and whether or not aliens spent time on Earth in the long gone past and if yes whether or not they left signs of their doing.

If this was a Naruto plot the original tree of devil fruits would be a by product of an alien civilization or something.

I still wonder where Im sama is from and whether or not aliens spent time on Earth in the long gone past and if yes whether or not they left signs of their doing.

If this was a Naruto plot the original tree of devil fruits would be a by product of an alien civilization or something.
I actually hope one piece doesn’t take naruto/boruto road. We already have aliens with the shandians, Birkens and lunariens. And that is fine as they are special but not god like. One Piece is doing a much better job with world building as naruto. And even with the lunuariens it will be a much more compelling backstory than that of the otsotsuki.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I actually hope one piece doesn’t take naruto/boruto road. We already have aliens with the shandians, Birkens and lunariens. And that is fine as they are special but not god like. One Piece is doing a much better job with world building as naruto. And even with the lunuariens it will be a much more compelling backstory than that of the otsotsuki.
I didn't like how Naruto ended. That looked kinda forced as a plot to me, but hey.

I have seen this theory somewhere before on YT,basically Luffy will destroy the Red Line in two moments:after finding the One Piece,so Brook meets Laboon and during the Final War by destroy Mariejoa and Fishman Island,thus creating the All Blue!

Last edited:
I have seen this theory somewhere beofre on YT,basically Luffy will destroy the Red Line in two moments:after finding the One Piece,so Brook meets Laboon and during the Final War by destroy Mariejoa and Fishman Island,thus creating the All Blue!
That is a common theory and one of the most believed about how one piece will end. As it gives a purpose to pluton existing. My theory actually goes along with that. I only state that the world as it is right now is not a natural one but a created. There could have been more continents back than but they were destroyed in the process of creating this one.