Great Generals Tournament, Pools - Round 12

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Sorry this took so long my guys! But on the bright side, this is the last round of pools! All Generals that are going to make it into this tournament are present and accounted for. So let's wrap up this first round!

Rules:
-Some of the Generals featured in this tournament have only hype and no feats, so just vote based on who you think would win based on whatever reasoning you feel!
-You MUST vote in the poll for your vote to count!
-Discussion is of course always welcome but keep it civil. Feel free to try and persuade each other why the General you feel is stronger overall would win.

Round 12 - Pools

Kyou

-Kyou has a Qin Army of 100,000

VERSUS

Shi Ba Sou

-Shi Ba Sou has a Zhao Army of 100,000 including his 5,000 Seika defenders

A large flatland featuring 2 Central hills (Disregard the 3rd hill for fairness sake)

Scenario: War to slay the opposing commander or force them to surrender by any means necessary. Literally any strategy or lack-there-of is allowed. If you think one of the Generals would permanently retreat, count that as a loss for that General.

The Winner of this match proceeds on in Winners, the Loser heads to the losers bracket.

Who Wins and Why?

Well that's a clash of subjective portrayal.

Going by what i remember so far, Shi Ba Shou was hyped by Riboku and got summoned for the 3rd spot of the Three Great Heavens, so we know his talent is equal to that of a Qin/Zhao GG at least. his best claim is stopping another Great General with 20.000 troops with only 5.000 men with Riboku saying they don't even need to worry about the Eastern front anymore. that's some nasty feat if Shi Ba Shou didn't have powerful vassals at that time.

Kyou one of the 6GG and her ferocity in battle is the greatest ( I don't know if this refers to something important to be honest ) she killed thousands of Han/Zhao fodders and conquered several provinces / 99 cities in total. but her hype is subjective as Shi Ba Shou didn't want to get himself into the military life outside protecting Seika while Kyou was stated to have a special tactic of spaming relentless assaults until enemies are completely obliterated, so it's normal she would have more achievements. i think with Houken's death and Zhao's lack of special commanders outside the guardian deity of Kantan, Hara will make SBS a warfare beast to cover Houken's place. so i go with him for now.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I will say Kyou > Shi Ba Sou for a few reasons:

1. Shi Ba Sou's only battle feat, scaring off Ordo's 20,000 with only 5,000, isn't even entirely his own feat:

It was a combination of Shi Ba Sou's presence as well as the fact that Ordo recognized that Chou Haku was being guided by Riboku's grand plan, which essentially scared the shit out of him lol. Ordo's retreat was not solely based on Shi Ba Sou's presence, but more based on the fact that Riboku attacked the entire strategy of his invasion directly which scared him off lol.

Besides, Ordo is a strong general but it's not like he's on par with any of the GGs in this tournament. I hate to refer to any Kingdom General as a "Jobber" but...yeah. Ordo still has some room to grow.

2. So when we look past Shi Ba Sou's only battle feat, we are left with nothing more than his hype of being a "Three Great Heaven" candidate. Which is amazing hype, but unfortunately is hype that is merely on par with Kyou's hype and nothing more lol. So best case scenario for Shi Ba Sou, he and Kyou have equal hype, though I would argue Kyou's hype is greater as she actually had an extremely successful military career, as opposed to Shi Ba Sou whose career consisted of him sitting in Seika pretending to be sick to avoid fighting for Zhao lol.

3. Kyou's backstory being more well-known to us while Shi Ba Sou's is so far unknown definitely hurts him. Kyou was trained personally by Ouki and his men, before going off to become her own GG who was distinguished for her ferocity even among the other GGs on a few different occasions, most notably here:

While Shi Ba Sou's style of Warfare and backstory are still largely unknown.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to believe in the Shi Ba Sou hype, this beastly Seika Tiger will likely give us a very strong showing in the future (and I think his design and hype have been awesome), but I think right now it's just more reasonable to give Kyou the benefit of the doubt. I vote for Kyou lol.

@Admiral Lee Hung for this matchup, I would go with Great General Kyou over Zhao Heaven candidate Shibashou.

Firstly, Shibashou being a former candidate for the position of Zhao’s Three Great Heavens is impressive but that is it. He was just a candidate. Keisha was also a candidate for that position but I doubt anyone would suggest Keisha >>> Kyou.

Ultimately, there is a difference between being a candidate for a position and actually holding a position for years and proving that one is worthy of that position as Kyou did.

The other difference between these two Generals will be experience.

Kyou actively fought many campaigns throughout her career, taking ninety nine cities and regularly clashing with the forces of the other Legendary Great Generals such as the Wei Fire Dragons and the actual Zhao’s Great Heavens, not mere candidates.

Meanwhile, Shibashou has been holed up in the city of Seika for decades, not participating in any major campaigns or battles.

Granted, not much is currently known about Shibashou, so he obviously has less to offer right now then Kyou, whose backstory has been revealed for a long time.

This will be an interesting matchup to look at again once Shibashou comes onto the scene but for now, Kyou >>> Shibashou.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Admiral Lee Hung for this matchup, I would go with Great General Kyou over Zhao Heaven candidate Shibashou.

Firstly, Shibashou being a former candidate for the position of Zhao’s Three Great Heavens is impressive but that is it. He was just a candidate. Keisha was also a candidate for that position but I doubt anyone would suggest Keisha >>> Kyou.

Ultimately, there is a difference between being a candidate for a position and actually holding a position for years and proving that one is worthy of that position as Kyou did.

The other difference between these two Generals will be experience.

Kyou actively fought many campaigns throughout her career, taking ninety nine cities and regularly clashing with the forces of the other Legendary Great Generals such as the Wei Fire Dragons and the actual Zhao’s Great Heavens, not mere candidates.

Meanwhile, Shibashou has been holed up in the city of Seika for decades, not participating in any major campaigns or battles.

Granted, not much is currently known about Shibashou, so he obviously has less to offer right now then Kyou, whose backstory has been revealed for a long time.

This will be an interesting matchup to look at again once Shibashou comes onto the scene but for now, Kyou >>> Shibashou.
Shibasou has ran away with this poll lol. I’m quite impressed by how highly people think of him.

I think it’s a testament to how strong the Great Heavens of Zhao have been so far that someone who has qualified for that position is viewed with such hype. Or maybe it’s just that Shibasou himself has just left that strong of an impression, idk lol. But people seem to be buying into his hype in a major way. Let us hope the Tiger of Seika shows is some legendary feats in the future lol.

Shibashou isn't a mere candidate like Keisha. He was literally summoned to the capital to be bestowed the title of 3GH. It just that he refuses.

Shibashou isn't a mere candidate like Keisha. He was literally summoned to the capital to be bestowed the title of 3GH. It just that he refuses.
So that makes him a candidate that was considered worthy of a position but refused it.

A step up from Keisha, who was considered a candidate due to being closest to the position (not that he had much competition).

They are still both candidates though. Riboku even says his main reason for recommending Shibashou was mainly an attempt to get him off his arse.
To be worthy of a position and to actually hold a position for a time as Kyou did, are quite different.

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
I think it’s a testament to how strong the Great Heavens of Zhao have been so far that someone who has qualified for that position is viewed with such hype. Or maybe it’s just that Shibasou himself has just left that strong of an impression, idk lol.
Can't help it. the ****'s debut gives the impression he's about to bust some pussies open lmao

But as You / Owl Ki said, his limited experience ( only protecting small sized territories such as Seika and not involving himself into massive wars ) is going to bite him in the ass against a bonafide warrior who's a prodigy at warfare like Kyou who has the blood of the "God Of War" himself in battle of massie armies, she definitely has more experience leading troops. but then again, i guess it depends on his future relevance in the story which i think would be extremely important.