Theory Had Shanks poisoned Gol D. Roger?

I don't want to sound rude, it escapes me why he would do that?
Also it was clearly an illness, crocus is a medic and poisoning is not exactly like being ill.
Also since Shanks leaves before Laugh tale, anyone would notice that Roger was doing better at that point
As I said in my theory, several characters committed violent acts against adults. Would you be reassured if you found out that your captain had killed your father? Of course, he later regrets and redeems himself later, but it is possible. As for the poisoning, it took place four years before Oden's flashback, so by that time the poisoning would have already caused serious damage to his organs. Slow poisoning is very harmful but can lead to serious health problems, as we see in Wano, if ingested in large amounts at once.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It would fit Shanks' twisted personality.

For a long time I'm vouching for Shanks being Luffy's main obstacle not BB. I hope Shanks knocks some sense into Luffy's head. Not asking him to make Luffy a murder killer but Luffy needs to understand this world is not so colorful.

Even after all Luffy went thru he is the same dumb Luffy we always knew. Does not fit a person who will soon be PK.

I think if your theory is close to the truth this would totally fit Roger and Shanks having something to do with his death.

Roger was more serious than Luffy but if you think about it he was also a dumb man at heart. Dude earned PK title, possessed the power to change the world to a better place and he just fucking disbanded the crew because he achieved what he wanted. I may be wrong but for me it was what didn't click with Shanks. Shanks is not evil, not good, he seems to be interested in a perfect balance of the world. Roger disbanding his crew and dipping away literally turned the world upside down.

This is why Shanks is doing what he's done since we met him. To maintain the balance.

I still think he loved Roger but there are tons of examples where you love someone but you understand you must do something or it will go the wrong way or at least your consciousness telling you so.

tl;dr Yes, he poisoned him cuz it fit his personality.

Won't lie, I thought of literally the same theory in 2020. Like, word to word. Except the Toki and Buggy part along with him sacrificing the arm with which he poisoned him. You also caught more parallels with the other pirates. I didn't make it into a thread because I was fucking lazy, lol. Props to you for that. I did debate about it in some comments tho.

The way you thought of the same thing as mine gives the theory more credibility imo. Plus you brought in even more evidences. It's definitely a possibility.

Honestly, this theory sounds dope imo.

Tagging some Shanks bros on this @Red Admiral @Seraphoenix @AL sama etc.
I think that's bullshit ... again I LOVE to see a Evil Shanks more than anything

Evil Shanks means :
- Shanks will become stronger
- Shanks will become even more important
- Shanks will become more complex as a character

but ... no ... forget anything else
Shanks in his monologue called Roger "Captain Roger"
respect exist and it's HUGE

but ... no ... forget anything else
Shanks in his monologue called Roger "Captain Roger"
respect exist and it's HUGE
I think this theory tells us that Shanks did respect Roger, otherwise he wouldn't have cried when Roger was executed but he was consumed with rage before that. Would make sense if he regrets it that much now. But even tho I think that the theory has some basis, it's unlikely tbh.

AL sama

Red Haired
I think this theory tells us that Shanks did respect Roger, otherwise he wouldn't have cried when Roger was executed but he was consumed with rage before that. Would make sense if he regrets it that much now. But even tho I think that the theory has some basis, it's unlikely tbh.
I agree with you but these assumptions lacks solid backings

Exactly, that's what my theory is about. It's not about Shanks being evil and his intentions in the present/future. He may have committed a crime out of spite, and then repented and redeemed himself as an adult. It would add more layers to the character.

I think the biggest turning point in Shanks' life was the Straw Hat. When Roger gave it to him, Shanks definitely had another vision of Roger, and not just the man who killed his father. He has matured.
Post automatically merged:

Of course, this thery could open loopholes for us to suspect Shanks's nature at present (although I don't really dare). Understanding that Shanks could have committed such a crime consistently gives us insight that he is much more meticulous and strategist than we realize. He is a walking shadow.