Character Discussion Has Blackbeard lived up to expectations thus far?

Has Blackbeard lived up to expectations thus far?

• Total voters
he hasn't, and im not talking powerscaling, his character hasn't been interesting at all post ts. His bounty went to 4 bill for no reason (or oda offscreened). Blackbeard hasnt planned anything significant or impressive. "bbut you just dont like blackbeard because he isnt cool and edgy" yeah thats not the reason, because blackbeard isnt good in a different way either. Hes not as smart/cunning as people make him out to be. Simple not choosing to fight and retreating isnt some 200iq strategy but op fans will call him a genius villain for that

Not at all lol
When I read chapter 1059 spoilers and noticed there was something about Blackbeard and Rayleigh then I thought itโ€™s rayโ€™s time to go as he will be a hypetool for bb now
But instead we got bb shitting his pants from ray
:suresure:

It depends on what the person in question was expecting.

For those expecting him to be the most stoic and brazen top tier, that was never going to happen.

For those expecting him to remain the sly opportunist, then that hasnโ€™t changed much.
He is not even sly opportunist either in postskip. He is running away from everything. I don't want him to be Aizen or anything, just be a cunning villain he was in preskip.

- He made ZoLo fanboys cry, showed much superior CoA feat:

- BB already got bigger bounty than ''Marine Hunter'' WGS Mihawk, and its not even close to EoS, Mihawk was a famous pirate since Roger's execution, while BB just got a bounty 2 years ago and still much bigger than Mihawk, who also joined Cross Guild to get another bounty boost but still not close to current BB.

- BB made Admiral Aokiji his underling, Ladmiral fans and BB haters were crying about it that Aokiji wasn't an underling it was his partner.

- DFless Rayleigh admitted he couldn't win vs. BB even with 1.6 billion Hancock's help in 2 v 1, that debunked the nonsense that BB can't beat top tiers with no DF.

- BB's attack power was superior than Aokiji + Kizaru combined so BB alone managed to force Law come out of his submarine, couldn't even escape:

- BB takes a stronger attack than Asura and fights like nothing happened: