Character Discussion Has Sanji Been Redeemed?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
Character wise - not even close.

He has a LONG way to go before he comes back from crossdressing on okama island, dying from a nosebleed, crying like a bitch for pudding on WCI and attacking Luffy.

Strength wise - sort of

I mean he did beat queen, which is a giant upgrade from being lol-diffed by Doflamingo and getting his leg broken by Vergo. The problem is, he beat him largely because of Judge's technology and Chopper clipping Queen's chemical weapons, instead of having him win through haki and his own strength.

But still a win is a win, judge has ensured that he won't be breaking his leg on Vergo now and he has a billion berry bounty from it, so things are looking up for him strength-wise. Jinbei receiving a higher bounty certainly doesn't help though.

was the first mugi to take an L in the new world
Is the only mugi who took an L in every saga & most arcs.

It's already a staple format for each arc, just like the arc's time bomb.
Post automatically merged:

Also I don't see what's so embarrassing about him getting injured by Vergo.
In case you never noticed, it's never about who the opponent is. Sanji look bad, and that alone is enough for flaming material.

It doesn't matter if it's Vergo back in the day, or King recently, or an Admiral later, the focus isn't "how good opponent X is", but "how bad Sanji is".

Oda sure puts a lot of effort to make him a really unpleasant and unlikeable person
He is the only mugi Oda actively bring down at times. Even his best moment got shoved aside quickly. For example when everyone marveling about his Gate of Justice shenanigans, there is only like 2 panels of appreciation, and then put aside.

He’s always gonna be a simp. Real Sanji fans have already accepted it. Don’t think he has anything else to be redeemed for.
Yeah. And real Sanji fans already satisfied with a lot of stuff, only if they actually understand/read the story and not blinded by other people's agenda. Oda gave him a lot.

Did your favorite character ever get their bounty picture of another person, changed from dead or alive to only alive, and have the name changed? I don't think so.

Did Oda ever change his own rule (to not write romance) just for your favorite character? I don't think so.

Can your favorite character be written from kicking your captain to advice him, then simp 2 women, then becoming a badass spy, then battle with top fighter, and in the end, cry for a ship? I don't think so.

Did your favorite character have attack names that fit your job, then have a powerup connected to both your job and dream, and in the end, destroy your supposed upgrade/powerups? I don't think so.

We enlightened Sanjibros are extremely rare, but once you found one, they won't mind anything because Sanji already get so much from Oda.

Sadly a lot of Sanjibros are steered to the mindset that "power is everything" , and forget Sanji's actual advantages over everyone: writing.

Last edited:
K
Is the only mugi who took an L in every saga & most arcs.

It's already a staple format for each arc, just like the arc's time bomb.

In case you never noticed, it's never about who the opponent is. Sanji look bad, and that alone is enough for flaming material.

It doesn't matter if it's Vergo back in the day, or King recently, or an Admiral later, the focus isn't "how good opponent X is", but "how bad Sanji is".

He is the only mugi Oda actively bring down at times. Even his best moment got shoved aside quickly. For example when everyone marveling about his Gate of Justice shenanigans, there is only like 2 panels of appreciation, and then put aside.

Yeah. And real Sanji fans already satisfied with a lot of stuff, only if they actually understand/read the story and not blinded by other people's agenda. Oda gave him a lot.

Did your favorite character ever get their bounty picture of another person, changed from dead or alive to only alive, and have the name changed? I don't think so.

Did Oda ever change his own rule (to not write romance) just for your favorite character? I don't think so.

Can your favorite character be written from kicking your captain to advice him, then simp 2 women, then becoming a badass spy, then battle with top fighter, and in the end, cry for a ship? I don't think so.

Did your favorite character have attack names that fit your job, then have a powerup connected to both your job and dream, and in the end, destroy your supposed upgrade/powerups? I don't think so.

We enlightened Sanjibros are extremely rare, but once you found one, they won't mind anything because Sanji already get so much from Oda.

Sadly a lot of Sanjibros are steered to the mindset that "power is everything" , and forget Sanji's actual advantages over everyone: writing.
:watchout:

:hope:

:crazwhat:

:parkcry:

:stealthblack: