Versus Battle Hippo vs Polar bear vs Siberian Tiger

Tiger wins it. It already lives in a snowy forest in Siberia. Polar bear doesn't. Tiger is more comfortable and better adapted to his surroundings. Bear would have to run through trees, boulders, and shit when it's used to running on arctic ice.
hmmm how about a half and half then, open field in the middle and trees here and there?

Also i feel like while the tiger would have the advantage in the forest, its power is still below that of the polar bear, one good swipe from the bear would deal massive damage if not outright kill the tiger, and the bears hide is quite thick istelf.

D

Dragomir

hmmm how about a half and half then, open field in the middle and trees here and there?
I think it'd end in a stalemate then. Perhaps the tiger would play hide-and-seek by choosing to stalk the bear in the trees. Bear gets impatient and rushes in. Tiger could win in that case. Or the other way around, tiger can't see the bear due to camouflage so it gets impatient and once they're in the open field, it's game. Don't see the tiger beating the bear in a wrestling match.

I think it'd end in a stalemate then. Perhaps the tiger would play hide-and-seek by choosing to stalk the bear in the trees. Bear gets impatient and rushes in. Tiger could win in that case. Or the other way around, tiger can't see the bear due to camouflage so it gets impatient and once they're in the open field, it's game. Don't see the tiger beating the bear in a wrestling match.
Siberian tigers were shown to be able to take down grown brown bears if they play it right, while the polar bear is a good deal bigger than a male brown bear, id say the tiger can get the bear if it manages to get his throat fast.

Who do you believe has the most stamina between the two? I feel it would be a battle of attrition in whoever gets tired/sleeps first loses.

D

Dragomir

Siberian tigers were shown to be able to take down grown brown bears if they play it right, while the polar bear is a good deal bigger than a male brown bear, id say the tiger can get the bear if it manages to get his throat fast.

Who do you believe has the most stamina between the two? I feel it would be a battle of attrition in whoever gets tired/sleeps first loses.
I think the bear does. They on average can easily swim 48 kilometers and the max recorded 354 in the open sea.
These animals can swim for literal days and swimming is a very stamina-orientated exercise so I reckon they'd have a high amount in a fight. When a tiger hunts, they spend a lot of energy attacking them and will at most chase for a short distance before giving up if they don't kill the prey immediately. They spend more time in stealth mode, stalking up on the prey for a quick kill, so I don't think their stamina would be that high.

I think the bear does. They on average can easily swim 48 kilometers and the max recorded 354 in the open sea.

These animals can swim for literal days and swimming is a very stamina-orientated exercise so I reckon they'd have a high amount in a fight. When a tiger hunts, they spend a lot of energy attacking them and will at most chase for a short distance before giving up if they don't kill the prey immediately. They spend more time in stealth mode, stalking up on the prey for a quick kill, so I don't think their stamina would be that high.
Well, i do feel like tigers possess stuff that the bear doesnt, i feel like it would be easier for the tiger to find the bear than otherwise, so they can enjoy rest longer while the bear is looking for them, i do remember seeing that tigers can climb up trees, while polar bears cant.
So they can rest up and the bear cant do anything about it.
So i feel the tiger can win this because they will be resting from time to time and basically know where the bear is at all time, while the bear would have to stay on alert and try to find the tiger.

D

Dragomir

Well, i do feel like tigers possess stuff that the bear doesnt, i feel like it would be easier for the tiger to find the bear than otherwise, so they can enjoy rest longer while the bear is looking for them, i do remember seeing that tigers can climb up trees, while polar bears cant.
So they can rest up and the bear cant do anything about it.
So i feel the tiger can win this because they will be resting from time to time and basically know where the bear is at all time, while the bear would have to stay on alert and try to find the tiger.
Yep, you're right. If the bear strays too close to the woodland while the tiger is hiding in a tree, then it's over. One-shot, one-kill for the tiger.

Yep, you're right. If the bear strays too close to the woodland while the tiger is hiding in a tree, then it's over. One-shot, one-kill for the tiger.
One shot is doubtfull lol, their hides are thick as hell, tho if he gets his throat maybe. But honestly, there is one thing in which the bear will win over the tiger, its endurance as you said. And they can survive a long time without eating, litteral months, the tiger cant. He will have to come down of that tree to get some food, if the bear waits it out he can get him.
Post automatically merged:

I asked who would win not if it would be cool answer my question beta.
Now stop hijacking my thread seth :kata:

Polar bears eat walruses and they have thicc ass hides too, i assumed they could do something about the hippo hide?
Most polar bears don't prey on actual bull walruses. The latter of which actually put up a good fight. Their best bet is to prey on juveniles or females and even then a successful kill isn't guaranteed most of the time.

And what about siberian tigers? These things can take down brown bears.

Siberian tigers do prey on brown bears but again, iirc, they mostly prey on the younger/ the sick/ female bears that are hibernating. A full sized Kamchatka bear would pose a great threat to a male Siberian tiger. The result of these two would likely just be to avoid each other. Injury isn't something they are willing to go after especially if food is already scarce. They are better off hunting smaller animals.

While the hippos jaw is powerfull, it lack maneuverability imo,tiger is way more agile and the bear is more polyvalant as it can use its legs to roll the hippo over.
That is assuming if the tiger has the jump on the hippo first. And even then, the hippo is too damn large for a Siberian or a brown bear to tackle. The hippo either needs to be a weak, old, young, and maybe a female version for it to happen.

Hippo's maneuverability isn't as good but to think that a tiger will strafe left and right and pounce on him quite easily is foolish. All the hippo needs to do is turn towards the predator's direction. Mathematically speaking, it is way easier.

I think a lot of people sleep on herbivores. I personally think even an Iberian bull would beat the shit out of a tiger or a lion.

P.S. you should make more animal fight threads. I love discussing them.