Rules Host Coordination Thread

Flower I don't get why you don't just host your game on another platform and invite people that way you're not cutting into the schedule but players looking to tack on playing a second game are welcome to.

In case I'm not supposed to advocate directing activity on a different forum - mods can eat my booty

Flower I don't get why you don't just host your game on another platform and invite people that way you're not cutting into the schedule but players looking to tack on playing a second game are welcome to.

In case I'm not supposed to advocate directing activity on a different forum - mods can eat my booty
Well, guess what I‘m doing now.

Emil

Certified Memelord
just wait for your turn flower, how hard is it, no one told you to make a signup thread without consulting other hosts first. You can host your game after mine, I'll even give you my blessings. We old folks host once in a blue moon so you won't see any game from me for at least few years. You will have the entire forum for yourself to host as many games as you want in the future. When we people who host once in a blue moon host our games, you won't see us in the hosting queue for a really long time. I promise. You just picked a time where all of us already ready to host our games and were already coordinating among us, just unfortunate timing from your end.
dem wanted to catch up with ToG b4 ur game but im forever stuck in helltrain arc lol

Emil

Certified Memelord
My game won‘t overlap much with any of yours. Some only joined because of the flavour. It‘s the ideal side game, so I just don‘t see the issue here.

But whatever, it‘s canceled, then. All the work for nothing.
were u not okay with september?

The backlog thing is scaring me, it won't do anyone good if a host needs to book in early as 3 months or more. Some of us don't play or host on other forums, and only host once in Blue.

I also don't want another game running alongside with mine if I'm hosting after a long time and put lot of efforts into making it. So i get others wanting the same. If it happens there'd be shortage of players signing in and some who signs up in 2 games won't do their roles justice. Like in BB game i wanted 30 players and I couldn't get all and had to go with 27 players, i had to take out few roles out and twitch few other things. There should be quality of games maintained as well, running 2 games alongside is hectic solution if anything, players would also dry out sitting on screen most time. They may play this like for 2 weeks but eventually they'd just stop playing Mafia at that rate. So 2 big games at same time is serious No imo.

Also Hosts should verify game setup being completed from @Dragomir or @Natalija firsg before posting Sign ups.
Since it's easy to book a slot,, many players end up doing it at once. If they had to work first the queue won't be long. It also help Hosts keep the game ready when slot opens.

Then whichever Game sign ups fills go first. In case of clash the one who put the sign up thread goes up first. Also players mind 2 games starting at same time, but not one in close to it's end. Like my Breaking Bad game is right now i dont mind other game running, should be true for most hosts. That will help soften the situation we are facing rn.
If all these measures and few more it still results into backlog, i guess that's just many host wanting to host for our forum capacity.

i think NF started dying when the OG players and hosts started leaving cuz of irl, then totally crumbled after mbxx wiped it. players just moved over here cuz its more active / younger player base. NF as a website is dying as a whole, not the mafia section. Don't think the way calendar works had any effect on NF mafia. back then anyone could open a signup and host and the host maturely discuss among them who goes first when ready
Ppl getting busy irl is quite the concept right. The evil overlord was one of the reasons why some ppl quit since at a certain point he banned a lot of them for whatever reason

I can say that having no calendar was definitely not the reason why mafia on nf got inactive lol, they usually knew how to discuss on who goes first and whatever

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Ppl getting busy irl is quite the concept right. The evil overlord was one of the reasons why some ppl quit since at a certain point he banned a lot of them for whatever reason

I can say that having no calendar was definitely not the reason why mafia on nf got inactive lol, they usually knew how to discuss on who goes first and whatever
Calendar isn't an issue, it is the people that wanna go before everyone else despite being last in line.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
The backlog thing is scaring me, it won't do anyone good if a host needs to book in early as 3 months or more. Some of us don't play or host on other forums, and only host once in Blue.

I also don't want another game running alongside with mine if I'm hosting after a long time and put lot of efforts into making it. So i get others wanting the same. If it happens there'd be shortage of players signing in and some who signs up in 2 games won't do their roles justice. Like in BB game i wanted 30 players and I couldn't get all and had to go with 27 players, i had to take out few roles out and twitch few other things. There should be quality of games maintained as well, running 2 games alongside is hectic solution if anything, players would also dry out sitting on screen most time. They may play this like for 2 weeks but eventually they'd just stop playing Mafia at that rate. So 2 big games at same time is serious No imo.

Also Hosts should verify game setup being completed from @Dragomir or @Natalija firsg before posting Sign ups.
Since it's easy to book a slot,, many players end up doing it at once. If they had to work first the queue won't be long. It also help Hosts keep the game ready when slot opens.

Then whichever Game sign ups fills go first. In case of clash the one who put the sign up thread goes up first. Also players mind 2 games starting at same time, but not one in close to it's end. Like my Breaking Bad game is right now i dont mind other game running, should be true for most hosts. That will help soften the situation we are facing rn.
If all these measures and few more it still results into backlog, i guess that's just many host wanting to host for our forum capacity.
One of the things on OJ that was IMO the biggest cancer was that a single host would que 5 to 6 games into a calendar, so we limited that to 2 games per season that one person can host.

It solved issues of backlog and overall quality bcs now hosts would pump games out like crazy

Also i don't wanna host with another game going, it just aint right. It will cause players to get burned out faster than ever

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Its really not trust me, and the fact that @Natalija and @Rej liked this post is weird to me.Soon we will be back to waiting a year for our games.
I always prefered the calendar back then but if it were for me I were some kind of strict dictator who would close the calendar once it has 10 games queued and open the calendar once it has 3 games left in queue. If I were a section mod I would be so damn strict xD AL would look like a joke next to me lmao. But I know I would get hella steam so good i am no section mod lmao.

I just liked the irony in Ultra's post. A calendar is another problem especially when there would be 40 games queued then it would be again demotivating for people.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
The problem with the calendar back then was simple: too many games queued, half of the queued hosts were not playing. Too big games and back then we were not able to host 2 games at the same time. People also were too afraid to miss out on games which didnt play well into the idea of hosting 2 games at the same time.
And now we are in a similair problem. The problem is noone wanna host some good ol classic 16 player games. Everyone thinks their flavour is meant for something bigger lmao.

Anyway here this would be the math:
32 unique players - 2x 16 player games

The last 16 player role madness game was my Kaguya-sama setup. I also think that flavour is meant for something bigger, but sometimes its better to settle down a bit.

If we now had a calendar with 30 different games. 25 of them 16-20 players. Then you were more likely to finish those quicker but people would have to pay the price to play with more selective casts each time.

Everything has its pros and cons sadly.

Its really not trust me, and the fact that @Natalija and @Rej liked this post is weird to me.Soon we will be back to waiting a year for our games.
What is weird? It is a good problem to have.

I get the desire to host and to host asap, but it just isn't physically possible for everyone at the same time. I don't know why you're acting like that's something shocking.

Rej

Year of the black beard!

Getting games verified goes back to the coaching issue. Xd thats exactly what people didnt want to.

It is that currently, especially because summer.

But ya, it'd be fine if two people had signups up nearing the end of the ongoing game, and whoever manages to fill first, can go first. I don't see why should we make this any more complex than that.