Questions & Mysteries How Do you feel about the Power up progression of Luffy, Zoro, Sanji?

Power level and power scaling are both unfortunate in that I think they impair comprehension of fights permanently. Power ups can clash almost as much with the narrative, but at least aren't fanmade. Going by character:

- Gears, Future sight, and advanced armament are all pretty cool. I grew up a huge Mega Man fan so it wasn't hard to impress me by writing this path of acquisition, especially since they're as limited by his character as they are promoted. It makes them double edged swords and that's absolutely his style.

- Zoro isn't powered up, that's pretty much just an excuse people make to explain why they've been wrong about his strength all this time.

- I would love Raid Suit if Oda made sense of why he takes it off, and why it hasn't been redesigned yet.

they all look fair to me
folks shit on the raidsuit but its no different than some pirate gaining a nice df
the issue is sanji said he wasnt going to rely on it and eventually might
oda dropped the ball on that
as long as he can maintain his fighting style am ok with it. I wish oda had sanji focus more on his haki and not this to powerup

you can see the focus post ts for both luffy and zoro has been haki
luffy moreso
fs adv coa and now coc

zoro seemed to pretty much have strong ryou (armament being his focus prets) coming out of the timeskip and had the chance to show that training with enma
and now he has a path to getting stronger with coc possibly coating his attacks with it in the near future as well .

sanji always had great observation but I dont even see a path to future sight yet
and with the rs the need to get even more intense armament comes into question
I hope it all works out.

Luffy is getting every single ability in the manga. I don't like the use of Rayleigh flashbacks but the progression is logical enough. The whole "joyboy destiny" is kind of lame though, his powerups feel unearned.

Zoro went from Pica to Kaido is a bit of a question mark but it's good his strongest attack wasn't close to taking down Kaido. Zoro vs King is expected and is inline with his progression. I don't think Zoro needed Enma.

Sanji's progression is hard to track because he hasn't been shown enough of what he can do in base form yet. I think the biggest ability gained is flight which completely changed his fighting style. Which is why it's a wasted opportunity he probably won't get to showcase it against King. The raid suit is extra, he doesn't need it yet.

H

Herrera95

Most power ups are fine.

I think Luffy Adv CoC is asspulling. FS and Snakeman are fine but the way his fight ended with Katakuri is asspulling even that he lost.

Zoro is fine too but I think Wano is pushing him down mainly with Enma(nerf).

Sanji is tricky. He was fine, but WCI pushed him down and RS push him up like the biggest gap of the anime. Sanji WCI was like not even YC4 and post WCI he is YC1. While Luffy WCI(beginning) was like YC4(he needed Nami to defeat Cracker) and post WCI he was YC2(lost to Katakuri).
Post automatically merged:

"Oda forgot about Asura" :usoprice:
I would like if he forget about Ashura. Never liked that shitty attack and is not a new attack from Zoro. He should have used a new attack on Kaido.

Luffy is getting every single ability in the manga. I don't like the use of Rayleigh flashbacks but the progression is logical enough. The whole "joyboy destiny" is kind of lame though, his powerups feel unearned.

Zoro went from Pica to Kaido is a bit of a question mark but it's good his strongest attack wasn't close to taking down Kaido. Zoro vs King is expected and is inline with his progression. I don't think Zoro needed Enma.

Sanji's progression is hard to track because he hasn't been shown enough of what he can do in base form yet. I think the biggest ability gained is flight which completely changed his fighting style. Which is why it's a wasted opportunity he probably won't get to showcase it against King. The raid suit is extra, he doesn't need it yet.
Why feel un earned? Luffy worked his ass off

Post timeskip was great for Luffy but horrible for Zoro & Sanji.
I like Luffy's progression because he work his ass off and it felt like he went through building blocks to be where he is at.

For Zoro, I'm disappointed. I felt Oda did nothing to warrant Zoro to become stronger or showcase his fullest ability by giving him lackluster opponents in Pica and a nerf Killer. Oda then felt the need to award Zoro with Enma because he saved the princess of the story who hand down one of her most prize possession because she couldn't learn how to fight. With Enma, Zoro magically became stronger because its one of how many ______ swords that have a special ability.
Oda also off screen Zoro on how he learned to cut fire by saying he stole it. If it was that easy, why hasn't Zoro steal any other swordsman techniques like Kaku or even Hawkeye?
However it can be better soon once Zoro fights King and showcase more of his training or more techniques' where he can go all out.

Now for Sanji, I also disappointed. Oda didn't give Sanji a fight where he can be push to his limits or showcase his fullest abilities. Oda also awarded Sanji with the raid suit because papa Judge loves him grudgingly.
Now with Sanji vs Queen, we shall see what Sanji has of offer.

Post timeskip was great for Luffy but horrible for Zoro & Sanji.
I like Luffy's progression because he work his ass off and it felt like he went through building blocks to be where he is at.

For Zoro, I'm disappointed. I felt Oda did nothing to warrant Zoro to become stronger or showcase his fullest ability by giving him lackluster opponents in Pica and a nerf Killer. Oda then felt the need to award Zoro with Enma because he saved the princess of the story who hand down one of her most prize possession because she couldn't learn how to fight. With Enma, Zoro magically became stronger because its one of how many ______ swords that have a special ability.
Oda also off screen Zoro on how he learned to cut fire by saying he stole it. If it was that easy, why hasn't Zoro steal any other swordsman techniques like Kaku or even Hawkeye?
However it can be better soon once Zoro fights King and showcase more of his training or more techniques' where he can go all out.

Now for Sanji, I also disappointed. Oda didn't give Sanji a fight where he can be push to his limits or showcase his fullest abilities. Oda also awarded Sanji with the raid suit because papa Judge loves him grudgingly.
Now with Sanji vs Queen, we shall see what Sanji has of offer.
Going all out against 2 Yonkos: :gonope:

Going all out against King::goyea: