Character Discussion How Good was Pre Timeskip Chopper?

Let’s Discuss Pre Timeskip Chopper

• Total voters
Never cared for him but liked him more than Franky Brook and now Jimbe and Zeus.

I do think his post timeskip feats go overlooked like saving the minks from extinction or holding back Big Mom

In Wano he held back Pero and Queen and in Egghead island he hasn't had much focus but he was the one who helped Bepo activate his awakening

One day people will realize that
1. There's zero difference between post and pre timeskip Chopper. They're both equally useful (and useless) simultaneously.
2. Chopper's cutesy design was made in Thriller Bark and isnt as a result of the timeskip.
He doesn't even have a stocky frame post time skip
rounded frame.

Last edited:

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
One day people will realize that
1. There's zero difference between post and pre timeskip Chopper. They're both equally useful (and useless) simultaneously.
2. Chopper's cutesy design was made in Thriller Bark and isnt as a result of the timeskip.
Thriller bark chopper and post skip chopper look absolutely nothing alike how much coke are you snorting

Thriller bark chopper and post skip chopper look absolutely nothing alike how much coke are you snorting
Yes they do…more cutesy face, bigger head in proportion to body, rounded frame. His design is way closer to now than it was to what it was when he was introduced. Are you blind?

Last edited:

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Yes they do…more cutesy face, bigger head in proportion to body, stockier frame. His design is way closer to now than it was to what it was when he was introduced. Are you blind?
He doesn't even have a stocky frame post time skip

C

Cruxroux

Zoro and Chopper had the chemistry for me in the strawhats.

Other than that.
My top 3 Strawhats were
NGL All of them of were , it's difficult to rank them.
Because pre timeskip everyone had a dedicated fight each arc , their characters were explored.

Post time skip , till WCI , we got focus on sanji but after that it's all about nika.
Even the current strawhats are running in the background. Its disappointing. No wonder I'm bored of one piece as a whole now.

Sadly He became the children's fanservice character, faith that also is shared with other charafters.
The main cast is likely for that:
Children's fanservice: Chopper, Usopp
Pre-teen: Brook Luffy Franky
Teen: Sanji Zoro eventually
Bonus: Nami Robin

Every character is for the target audience, maybe Jimbo is the only without a simple classification.
Problem is that the more it goes and the wifer the cast, the more characters are stuck in their prototype, with chopper the worst offender

All the Strawhats especially the first 5 all had moments that made themselves your favorite even if for a little while. Pretimeskip that is. To me Chopper has the best introduction arc and he was strong in every arc. alabasta he was hot, skypeia he was scared, he was a cry baby in water 7 and hilarious and useful in enis lobby. He was smart and informative in thrillerbark. He was just a great member. Then timeskip happened..

Never understood the chopper post TS hate but I do think people find annoying the cute/plushie gag anyways is true that pre TS was better character and I loved all his moments in each arc since drum to sabondy

He was very good. The theme of his story was being a misfit young boy on a journey to become a relentless adventurer.
The fact that Lolda is casting aside that amazing set of powers that Chopper introduced in fishman island to focus on these worthless pieces of shit like Larrot,Liku and Momehnosucks is a heinous crime.
@NAMELESS @pg13 @Rukusho @Peroroncino
@HA001 @Natalija @grey matter @Gauntlet
@Cruxroux @Le Fishe D. Tomdou @PeronaNerona
@mly90 @The White Crane @L57
@JDragon20 @TheLastBerserker @lee33 @Water1415
@RiShin