How Higurashi Latest Reveal Changes EVERYTHING!

Do you prefer original or Gou?

• Gou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Before we dive into the meat of this analysis, we must officially acknowledge that Gou is NOT a remake of the original. It's a flat out sequel, that requires much prior knowledge of the original to fully understand Gou's shocking direction. So if you're a newcomer who hasn't watched the original higurashi, stop reading this essay now; it's my only warning. I highly implore you to watch the original when you have the time.

Now let's dive in shall we!

INTRODUCTION

The last couple of episodes in Gou have been "interesting" to say the least. Leading off of the bizarre climax to satako's arc, we enter a very disturbing montage of numerous deaths from random villagers being seemingly infected with the hinamizawa syndrome. And personally, I didn't enjoy this party of death, because it felt like a cheap parody of the original higurashis horror. What I love about the original higurashi is it's fantastic build up tension, as the pieces begin to be put in place, leaving subtle hints for the audience to discover before the grand climax unfolds with unthinkable horror.

THE TRUTH OF GOU'S UNDERLYING IDEALOGY

Nevertheless, the next episode is what's important. Because it's the final nail coffin in Gou''s half assed adaption of the original. This is when Gou takes off the breaks, and decides to create it's first unique story. With the premise focusing on the battle of ideologies between Rika and Satako! In this episode Rika loses her will to fight, as she's brutally tortured by satako; playing with her intestines, injecting her with drugs, and yammering about some bullshit on how Rika is a traitor for wanting to "leave hinamiwza".

Remember this scene people, it's very important for establishing the foundation of Gou's eternal struggle. Throughout the entirety of Gou, each familiar arc from the original has ended in drastic differences from the original. Thus causing Rika's already shaky mentality to quickly deteriorate from these unorthodox failures. And some would question why is Rika so easily to give up compared to in the original; realize that all of Rika's support has been strapped from her: No hanyuu, no ooishi, no akasaka, and even her closet friend is against her!

Thus as she seemingly gives in to the overwhelming power of himizawa, it seems like the theme of overcoming fate has been shit on. This is especially prevalent when we witness how sane the future plays out, no sense of terror, no untrustworthy individuals, and most importantly everyone survives the festival! But I ask you guys, is this true happiness or pure bliss spawned from ignorance? If you chose the second option then you're CORRECT!

THE SECOND LOOPER

In a shocking twist, the person to strike an arrow through Gou's shroud of mystery is Takano, the queen bitch herself, A.K.A the main villain of the original series... Episode 17 starts off with a seemingly flashback of Takano slaughtering the kids in the massacre arc. Then immediately zips back into present time, as Takano is pleading forgiveness from Rika. And i'm assuming there is an outsider at work that has traumatized her enough towards where'd she'd get PTSD for her past actions.

Nevertheless, Takano is strangely the one to spark Rika's drive to fight back one last time. Now if you're wondering how can Rika possibly obtain any tools to retaliate against her inevitable doomed fate. Realize that Takano having knowledge of her actions in a different timeline divulges that there is a SECOND looper!

Nonetheless, who could even be suspected as the second looper? Nobody has had any signs of suspiciousness in the current arc. With the hinawazama virus not affecting anyone, everyone is just their usual selves. OBJECTION!

This claim is objectively false because the little mischievous blond devil we all adore was never the same girl as her 2006 counterpart. Satako has always been plotting to thwart Rika's actions since day one. The least suspicious character always sitting in the back cheering and bullying keiichi, was actually satan! And if you want further proof, let's jump in the mystery machine and head back to satakos arc to undercover her foulness!

Many people theorized that Satako wasn't actually suffering through the same abuse as the original. Look at Satakos arm in each scene she's in'; not once is there any sign of bruises. Now you could claim that the studio wanted to soften the abuse for the general audience, but this is Ryukishi were talking about here. He holds nothing back when it comes to gore lol.

And why would Satako subject herself to the same torture if she has the power to stop it? Jumping to the climax of this arc, when the gang failed to save Satako from her "abuse", why do you think Satakos uncle was still home? SATAKO LIED ABOUT HER SITUATION AND INJECTED OOISHI AND HER UNCLE WITH THE VIRUS!

This all makes since when you question why and how Ooishi got infected. Remember that he went to Satakos house to question the uncle. This is where Satako must've injected him and her uncle, so she could flip the tables of Rika's nigh perfect victory! This little devil is a true genius folks... And let me just say, I was a hardcore anti-Satako looper guy, so I'm going to have to take this fat L lol!

Nevertheless, we finally arrived at the supposed climax of the story. Satako has finally been unmasked as the second looper. And like a true blond American transfer student, she pulls out the glock ready to shoot the school up lol. However, I don't believe she's the true culprit in the scheme, she has to be the puppet of something far greater. And I theorize that it could be the one chick from the opening with the evil smirk; a lot of source readers claim that she's featherine, a villain from umineko when they cry.

So this could be potentially mean that Gou is a umineko prequel, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rika and Satako somehow turn into their umineko counterparts, Berkastel and Lambdadelta in the conclusion of this story.

Overall the final arc of Gou is what makes or breaks this anime. If it's executed well, I believe it could rival the OG higurashi, but if it fails then Gou will always end up as an unnecessary botching of the original. How do you guys feel about the direction of Gou? Who do you think is behind the mysterious schemes?