Theory How I think the rest of the series will go

We’re getting into the final saga after Wano, so this is a general outline to how I think it will go:

Wano -> Cooldown arc -> Elbaf -> Lodestar -> Laugh Tale -> Epilogue
  • After the really big arcs in this series, there’s usually a fairly short cooldown arc before things start up again. After Alabasta there was Jaya, after Skypiea there was LRLL, after Enies Lobby there was Thriller Bark, etc. So I’m thinking that after Wano we’ll get a 10-15 chapter arc like that. It’ll probably focus a lot on crewmate interactions and have Jimbei/Yamato bond with the crew. It’d also be a good time to bring the crew’s dreams back into the picture before the endgame starts up
  • Elbaf is where I think Shanks’ plot line will be resolved, and the main reason I think that is because of Usopp. Usopp is the Strawhat most associated with the giants and his father is in Shanks’ crew. So if we’re gonna get an arc dedicated to him we might as well wrap up his plotline of wanting to be a great warrior of the sea. Shanks may or may not be the antagonist here, and honestly imo it could go either way.
  • Lodestar is where I think the first part to the final war will take place, where the Strawhats will most likely fight against the WG, or at least part of it. I think Blackbeard will do something that will cause the WG to split into multiple factions, with one faction having characters like Smoker, Coby, Fuji, etc who rebel against Imu while the other consists of characters like Akainu and those loyal to Imu. Also if I had to guess there will probably be some major plotline that focuses on Nami because she’s the Strawhat most interested in Lodestar. This will likely also be where Zoro defeats Mihawk.
  • The final battle will probably be between the Strawhats and the Blackbeard Pirates on Laugh Tale. This is where Luffy will claim the mantle of Pirate King, the truth of the void century will be revealed, and where the series’ driving mystery—the identity of the One Piece—will be answered.
  • After all this, there will be an epilogue dedicated to the adventures the crew has and the lives they end up leading
I understand that a lot of people think the final war will be against the WG after the One Piece is discovered, but honestly I don’t see this happening for a few reasons
1. Blackbeard is such an obvious contender for main villain. He’s been set up since Drum Island and was the main reason the Marineford War ever happened. His crew will most likely have the same number of people as Luffy’s, giving each crewmate their own final boss. And after 1044, he wields the darkness fruit to contrast Luffy’s sun god fruit
2. Imu probably won’t get played straight. It is abundantly clear by now that One Piece is not a manga that takes itself seriously. Yes, it has serious moments and plot lines. But it is an inherently goofy series at the end of the day. The fact that they’re keeping Imu’s appearance a mystery, to me, indicates that he/she will probably turn out to be a goofball with an over the top appearance. I don’t think Imu will be some super powerful stoic badass because that is not how One Piece works.
3. The series has always had forward-progression. From day one this manga has been about Luffy heading toward a specific point, Laugh Tale, and getting wrapped up in a bunch of adventures along the way. Luffy fighting the WG after Laugh Take would require backtracking, which would feel weird after over 1000 of heading towards a ser destination. And yeah I get that there’s the FMI deal, but I’m half expecting it to be a situation where Luffy metaphorically destroys the island by getting the Fishmen to come to the surface

1. wano act 4 - the celebrations of kaido's defeat and showing us what happened in the world over the two weeks build up to onigashima and during the raid.

2. wano act 5 - this would be your usual post type arc that we got after enies lobby and marienford where we see the world react to kaido's defeat and get new bounties and such and see the beginning of wano's recovery. this will probably also be the cooldown portion of the story

2.5. (optional) sphinx island the cooldown arc so to speak, going there and potentially dealing with Weevil as i just dont see how else he fits into the story

3. Elbaf - the next major arc, most of the work on getting the giants on their side is already done but this should resolve big moms final plot lines, luffy will probably mend her relationship with the giants at the finish unless she plays the major antagonist role again but i see Loki or someone else being the main villain for this arc. I also believe the final road poneglyph is here.

3.5. (Optional) Lodestar - the other possible location of the road poneglyph, perhaps shanks is here waiting for luffy and we have the davy back fight everyone wants with the glyph as a reward for winning. usopp can smack his dad around for being an abandoner and luffy and shanks can have their hat reunion.

4. Laugh Tale - final battle with Blackbeard to see who becomes the pirate king. void century, will of d explained. one piece revealed

5. Final war - luffy and allies go up against the wg, tenryuubito, cp-0 and marines to free the world from Imu

Sphinx island (Marco will take SH there,news around the world,bountys....)
Ballon terminal(they have to go up there to go to elbaf)
Elbaf (guardians of lodestar,they will have to show their courage orojackson egg probably scopper gaban to train luffy in some haki)
Lodestar (last island info about vegapunk,the past....)
Hachinosu(Davy back fight with BB pirates and probably Shanks)
Race to LT
Fight against BB and their crew in LT luffy wins read what happened 800 years ago and doesn't want to be the PK until he destroys IM and celestial dragons
Final war
Luffy becomes the PK

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I predict something specific and massive will happen that will trigger the final war but first I can see the SHs heading to Elbaf to catch the last Road Poneglyph, after the war is resolved they will probably head to Laugh Tale and fend off the Blackbeard Pirates, lastly I expect a delicious Im arc to kick in as well before all SHs return to their previous activities. :cheers:

Simple, Luffy and co beats the shits out Black Beard pirates, they find the hidden 800 yr history, goes to rafter. Meanwhile Im and the garosei will destroy the fishman islands, Luffy and co goes to fi, then straight to red line where it will be an all out war vs Marines-wg.
Luffy and Co wins, Sanji gets all the bltches, and this is how op ends.

Marine ford>>Elbaf>>Laugh-Tale>>Marie Geoise

@Peenix I pretty much agree with you except Luffy will be the one to break up the Marines as he destabilizes everything. Imu will be EOS . . . Might be just as wack as Juffy