Character Discussion How is Yamato's Gender seen by Japanese fans/readers

Yamato's gender is discussed but
I'm curious as do Japanese fans see Yamato as "trans" or is she considered a woman there as well and all.
So what's it seen over there?

H

Herrera95

I would bet on saying she is a woman. That's why she was at women cover bikini.

Japan is traditional conservative country. Although One Piece fans there may be different.

A better question, do Japan even has the pronouns movement?

As I recall that is a something the LGBTQ+ is pushing for.

It's there a LGBTQ+ movement on Japan? I always felt like that the movement was a western thing, I don't recall something like that on Japan, who is still is very conservative.

A better question, do Japan even has the pronouns movement?

As I recall that is a something the LGBTQ+ is pushing for.

It's there a LGBTQ+ movement on Japan? I always felt like that the movement was a western thing, I don't recall something like that on Japan, who is still is very conservative.
Of Course there is.. Since wwii there are under liberal western influence

She has a coochie, big af boobs, cute feminine face, cute feminine voice, feminine hair, high estrogen body, cute feminine personality, always get represented as a woman in all female covers and last, but not least... SHE IS A BIOLOGICAL WOMAN.
The fact that she is towering, has a cub and horns isn't so cute
:milaugh:

C

CensoredbyWG

How many can say they survived being caged, tortured and a murder attempt by the wsc?
Not many, not to mention living a whole life with explosive cuffs on her wrists.

Despite all that, she still loved her father and only stopped doing so after understanding he was serious about killing her.

Kaido put explosive cuffs on his own daughter and dudes in this forum say that he was going easy on her during rooftop fights with a straight face.

She has a coochie, big af boobs, cute feminine face, cute feminine voice, feminine hair, high estrogen body, cute feminine personality, always get represented as a woman in all female covers and last, but not least... SHE IS A BIOLOGICAL WOMAN.
+ Oni Princess
+ Kaido's Daughter in Infobox
+ Kaido's Daughter in Volume Introduction Page

Yamato is always about identity, not gender. Oden, not male/female. Proof: if Oden were to be a female, you know what happens.

Kiku : trans
Izo : crossdress
Hiyori : tomboy
Yamato : larper

Last edited:
It never felt right to me to refer to Yamato as "She". This has nothing to do with Yamato's gender, but instead of Oden's gender. Yamato is trying to perfectly assimilate into his role as Oden. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense to refer to Kozuki Oden as "she".

Up until now I've only been using they/them pronouns to refer to Yamato in discussions, but after this realisation I'm confident Yamato should only be called the he/him pronouns in honor of Oden and his sacrifice.

I don’t care, because Oda clearly doesn’t.

if Oda wants Yamato to be trans, he would have her go seek out Ivankov actually transition.

However that won’t happen because Oda doesn’t really care about developing Yamato as a character. Rather he just uses her for cheap fanservice.
Post automatically merged:

Yamato’s entire character is based off her literally identifying as Oden.

it makes no sense. Either Yamato is shamelessly LARPing as a dude her father brutally murdered, or she is legitimately mentally ill.

I don’t care, because Oda clearly doesn’t.

if Oda wants Yamato to be trans, he would have her go seek out Ivankov actually transition.

However that won’t happen because Oda doesn’t really care about developing Yamato as a character. Rather he just uses her for cheap fanservice.
Post automatically merged:

Yamato’s entire character is based off her literally identifying as Oden.

it makes no sense. Either Yamato is shamelessly LARPing as a dude her father brutally murdered, or she is legitimately mentally ill.
He wanted to emphasize what a great and brave guy oden was but the flashback already was enough