General & Others How many of these characters will get a backstory

Oda has drawn numerous characters as children in SBS. Predict how much of these characters will get a full backstory

Hina, Smoker, Tashigi

Impel down

Whitebeard Pirates

CP9

Worst Generation

Warlords

Marines

Thriller Bark Pirates

Beast Pirates

We already see a bit of kid Smoker during Roger's execution in Logue Town. It's unlikely to get his backstory now. As for Hina, too irrelevant and you know how Oda handles women so no. Tashigi though, she might get a backstory at EOS.

Impel Down no.

Whitebeard Pirates, I ain't gonna want to see kid Jozu stealing vegetables from some kid Lol.

CP9 no.

Worst Generation, I was expecting to see Kidd and Killer's backstory in the series just to see their backstory in the SBS instead, LOL. Bonney already got a flashback arc. I don't think anybody else from WG will get a backstory except maybe Urouge, but I ain't wanting to see Urouge making love unless the women is hot of course.:kappa:

Warlords, we definitely gonna get Mihawk's and Teach's. As for Croc, it would be a short flashback about him meeting Ivankov. I don't think there's anything else interesting to see from him and I definitely don't want to see a flashback about Croc getting mauled by Whitebeard in his prime. @Sir Yasheen :happinesspunch:

Marines, only Akainu, I couldn't care less about the others' flashbacks. I don't want to see how Aokiji stole booze as a kid or how Kizaru smoking pot as a kid.

Thriller Bark:

Although Perona's would intrigue me a bit.

Beast Pirates getting a flashback:

We already see a bit of kid Smoker during Roger's execution in Logue Town. It's unlikely to get his backstory now. As for Hina, too irrelevant and you know how Oda handles women so no. Tashigi though, she might get a backstory at EOS.

Impel Down no.

Whitebeard Pirates, I ain't gonna want to see kid Jozu stealing vegetables from some kid Lol.

CP9 no.

Worst Generation, I was expecting to see Kidd and Killer's backstory in the series just to see their backstory in the SBS instead, LOL. Bonney already got a flashback arc. I don't think anybody else from WG will get a backstory except maybe Urouge, but I ain't wanting to see Urouge making love unless the women is hot of course.:kappa:

Warlords, we definitely gonna get Mihawk's and Teach's. As for Croc, it would be a short flashback about him meeting Ivankov. I don't think there's anything else interesting to see from him and I definitely don't want to see a flashback about Croc getting mauled by Whitebeard in his prime. @Sir Yasheen :happinesspunch:

Marines, only Akainu, I couldn't care less about the others' flashbacks. I don't want to see how Aokiji stole booze as a kid or how Kizaru smoking pot as a kid.

Thriller Bark:

Oh don’t forget how much about Croc there is to know
1. He’s the only warlord that we don’t even know his name.
2. What was the betrayal that caused him to lose trust in others
3. How did he find out about the Alabasta ponegylph which is only known to the royal family
4. What his secret is

Bros gonna get a whole 3 chapter backstory at least
:myman:

Oh don’t forget how much about Croc there is to know
1. He’s the only warlord that we don’t even know his name.
2. What was the betrayal that caused him to lose trust in others
3. How did he find out about the Alabasta ponegylph which is only known to the royal family
4. What his secret is

Bros gonna get a whole 3 chapter backstory at least
:myman:
Wait, is Crocodile not his real name lol?

Second, wasn't the betrayal for Mihawk? I don't remember if Croc got betrayed before.

3, fair.

4, really looking forward to his secret to Ivankov for sure.:pepecroc:

Wait, is Crocodile not his real name lol?

Second, wasn't the betrayal for Mihawk? I don't remember if Croc got betrayed before.

3, fair.

4, really looking forward to his secret to Ivankov for sure.:pepecroc:
1. I mean it’d be weird to be the only one of the original warlords with one name without an explanation.
Like let’s look at them all:
Boa Hancock
Dracule Mihawk
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moriah
Donquixote Doflamingo
Crocodile
Jinbe

And Jinbe we have seen since forever, Fish-Men and Mermen don’t have family names. Not even their royal family share one. So why has Oda not told us crocodilea family name?

2. Nope Croc and Mihawk said that something the two of them share is that they both don’t trust others. Mihawks not the only one who’s been betrayed before after all

1. I mean it’d be weird to be the only one of the original warlords with one name without an explanation.
Like let’s look at them all:
Boa Hancock
Dracule Mihawk
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moriah
Donquixote Doflamingo
Crocodile
Jinbe

And Jinbe we have seen since forever, Fish-Men and Mermen don’t have family names. Not even their royal family share one. So why has Oda not told us crocodilea family name?

2. Nope Croc and Mihawk said that something the two of them share is that they both don’t trust others. Mihawks not the only one who’s been betrayed before after all
Inb4 Nerona Crocodile.:believe:

Oh okay, I guess Croc and Mihawk did talked about something like that.

Impel Down no.

CP9 no.

Thriller Bark:

CP9 have all already got backstories and Beast pirates too except Black Maria and sasaki

I'm going to guess the one's who will get a backstory will be:

Blackbeard-I mean, he's almost too important not to. And there are interesting things to find out about his childhood, given his special "lineage". This is almost a guarantee.

King-We need to find out more about Lunarians and he's the only one. I could see us getting a flashback about how he survived. And what happened to his parents.

Mihawk-Yeah, we'll probably get a little something for him. Maybe not since he was a child, but at some point in his past. I mean, his origin as a kid was probably "he liked swords". But, Oda's teasing some betrayal for him, which would be nice to see in the manga proper.

Urouge-This guy is still mostly a mystery. He's got a story. His story hasn't been told yet. I think there's a fair chance we get a backstory with him, explaining his "fall", as it were.

Crocodile-Yeah, we'll probably get something for him, just maybe not since childhood, again. We know basically nothing about his past, so Oda's probably keeping it a secret for some sort of reveal down the line. Maybe.

Kalifa-I feel like this is possible. Something's going on with her and Alpha. If their entire family has always worked for the World Government or if they're clones or something, there are things we still could to find out.

Smoker-If we get anything, it will probably be short. But, I do feel like he's going to return to the story, someday. And when he does, we might learn a little about why he joined up with the World Government in the first place.

Moria-Maybe? I could see Moria having a interesting childhood. And he's coming back into the story, once he gets rescued from Hachinosu.

Perona-Same as Moria, really.

Garp-I feel like he's got a interesting backstory. I just don't know if it's really going to be relevant to the story at hand, though. It feels like there's prime material for some sort of spin-off sidestory novel there, though.

Akainu-Again, there's probably a interesting story there. If we get anything, it'll probably be right before he dies, though.

Boa Hancock-We've already seen quite a bit. But, I feel like they could explore a little more about her mother and the past Queens of Amazon Lily. She could show up again, in one of those, if they're important. It's more likely that stuff would be answered in a SBS, though.

Tashigi-It's unlikely, but we could get a flashback that explains if there's any actual link between her and Kuina. It'll probably just be in a SBS, if anything at all, but it's not impossible.

Last edited: