Character Discussion How much panel time will this guy get

That giant boy who wanted to sail with Shanks, how much panel time do you guys think Oda will devote to him? If we were to go by Oda's trends, probably way too much.

Oda will probably make this guy out to be the next O-Tama/Momonosuke type characters. We'll probably spend a significant amount of time having Luffy befriend him and he'll probably have some plot relative power that makes him very important or something.

My theory. This guy is supposed to parallel Luffy, so perhaps he is a D. Maybe Saul's son or something. In addition, perhaps Oda could have him eat one of the god fruits, similar to Luffy and his Nika fruit and Momo and his Seiryu fruit.

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Way to much

Emil

Certified Memelord
โ€Ž

That giant boy who wanted to sail with Shanks, how much panel time do you guys think Oda will devote to him? If we were to go by Oda's trends, probably way too much.

Oda will probably make this guy out to be the next O-Tama/Momonosuke type characters. We'll probably spend a significant amount of time having Luffy befriend him and he'll probably have some plot relative power that makes him very important or something.

My theory. This guy is supposed to parallel Luffy, so perhaps he is a D. Maybe Saul's son or something. In addition, perhaps Oda could have him eat one of the god fruits, similar to Luffy and his Nika fruit and Momo and his Seiryu fruit.
shanks has another hand, but not another hat to bet on him

Good call. He will probably appear in Elbaf as the classic "kid of the arc". Altough like i said when that chapter came out,that scene gave me a weird vibe,it almost seemed like Shanks meets kids and bartenders like Luffy and Makino all the time,and Luffy and Makino arent important for him like we thought they were. But,Luffy has the hat so thats probably just wrong. But that scene gave to me that weird vibe anyway.

Good call. He will probably appear in Elbaf as the classic "kid of the arc". Altough like i said when that chapter came out,that scene gave me a weird vibe,it almost seemed like Shanks meets kids and bartenders like Luffy and Makino all the time,and Luffy and Makino arent important for him like we thought they were. But,Luffy has the hat so thats probably just wrong. But that scene gave to me that weird vibe anyway.
I won't be surprised if shanks has multiple straw hats and just gives them out like candy

It just weird that it was a similar scenario to chapter 1
In a sense it's a way to tell us "Luffy is not special, Shanks just has that effect on people. That's just how he is".

But then again Luffy has the joyboy stuff, prophecy chosen one stuff, super important father and grandfather stuff and D. stuff. So..