Powers & Abilities How strong do you guys truly believe Helmeppo and koby are?

How strong is current koby and helmeppo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to put Coby below pre-skip Luffy. I cant see him beating an opponent like Rob Lucci yet. Helmeppo I can't even see beating Blueno, the man has no feats to speak of
So you think pretimeskip Luffy is surviving in the new world even though he wouldn't have access or control over haki? Again coby knowing all 6 rokoushiki techniques and having haki (advanced coO and coA) automatically puts him above pretimeskip luffy
Post automatically merged:

Tough matter imo
There are certain limitating factors:
- Rokushiki + stats: Hybrid WhosWho and Vergo
- Stats in general: Dukes, top scabbards in general, Jinbei, M3, Doffy etc.
- Speed + CoO spec: Sanji pretty much, who also happens to be one the best/most skilled martial artists

Those are tough nuts to crack.

Best case scenario:
He's specialized in speed base techs (Soru/Geppou), which go well in hand with his seemingly great CoO spec, while he uses something like internal destruction haki as his main attack quirk (Episode of Luffy).
Basically being less durable and physically weaker than guys like Vergo and Drake, but much more agile, maybe faster, while he compensates lacking strength/AP with internal destro haki, making him a low high tier overall..?
Basically: A weaker, but faster/more mobile base Sabo at best, but I dunno..
Bro you were spitting. What you stated is what I was trying to explain.

Lol at people thinking that Coby is stronger than xdrake(f6 tier-his captain) or smoker.
Let alone bullshit as wcl luffy tier lmao.
He is around tashigis level more or less, even if he returns in the main story, he will never pose a threat to luffy or his crew.
Coby is irelevant, he will become admiral in EoS, for a new marinefort after all the current admirals are gonne, he wont even be as strong as a current og admiral anyway, maybe than he will be in Luffys wci tier, thats all.
Again dude cannot be tahsigis level if he been using a technique pretimeskip which she just learned postimeskip. That means coby had more time to master said technique in comparison to her

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that Coby will be on a legit admiral level by the time the Final War kicks in, the chances are close to 0. However I'm fairly confident that he will in all likelihood become one by EoS even if he won't exactly stand on the level of a C3.

So you think pretimeskip Luffy is surviving in the new world even though he wouldn't have access or control over haki? Again coby knowing all 6 rokoushiki techniques and having haki (advanced coO and coA) automatically puts him above pretimeskip luffy
Pre timeskip Luffy beat Lucci, who knew all 6 Rokushiki techniques and had CoA(as confirmed by the Vivre card). He beat Enel, who had who is still one of the best CoO users we've seen in the series to date. He overcame 2 Warlords and solo'd the entire kingdom of the amazons, while they're currently sending Coby to play second fiddle in taking down Hancock. The caliber of opponents that Luffy fought in Paradise were on another level, in the same way that what he's accomplishing in the New World is much more than anyone else could hope to achieve.

Feats >> a laundry list of "oh, he has such and such ability"

Pre timeskip Luffy beat Lucci, who knew all 6 Rokushiki techniques and had CoA(as confirmed by the Vivre card). He beat Enel, who had who is still one of the best CoO users we've seen in the series to date. He overcame 2 Warlords and solo'd the entire kingdom of the amazons, while they're currently sending Coby to play second fiddle in taking down Hancock. The caliber of opponents that Luffy fought in Paradise were on another level, in the same way that what he's accomplishing in the New World is much more than anyone else could hope to achieve.

Feats >> a laundry list of "oh, he has such and such ability"
Bullshit comparisons

Enel: luffys fruit negated enels fruit.

Lucci: Luffy cut his own lifespan with gear second to replicate a rokoushiki move to a higher degree.

Luffy also had haki pretimsekip (coC) even though he didn't know how to use it

Current coby has both coA and coO. While Lucci only had one and Enel only had one pretimeskip. He also has superior observation haki in comparison to pretimeskip Lucci while at the same time having armament which Enel didn't have.

And coby also had a unique trait none of these pretimeskip characters have. And that's fighting pirates and being at sea in the new world. Based on feats Rob Lucci pretimeskip nor Enel would have survived in the new world

Bullshit comparisons

Enel: luffys fruit negated enels fruit.

Lucci: Luffy cut his own lifespan with gear second to replicate a rokoushiki move to a higher degree.

Luffy also had haki pretimsekip (coC) even though he didn't know how to use it

Current coby has both coA and coO. While Lucci only had one and Enel only had one pretimeskip. He also has superior observation haki in comparison to pretimeskip Lucci while at the same time having armament which Enel didn't have.

And coby also had a unique trait none of these pretimeskip characters have. And that's fighting pirates and being at sea in the new world. Based on feats Rob Lucci pretimeskip nor Enel would have survived in the new world
Not a proper feat because "New World Pirates" is not a quantifiable group. That's no different than Tashigi, or, hell, any random G5 fodder. Your argument is substanceless. For all we know Coby has been doing nothing but wiping up Brownbeard tier fodder.

Not a proper feat because "New World Pirates" is not a quantifiable group. That's no different than Tashigi, or, hell, any random G5 fodder. Your argument is substanceless. For all we know Coby has been doing nothing but wiping up Brownbeard tier fodder.
Cap. It was established from jump pretimeskip that you had to be of a certain prestige and level to even attempt to enter the new world. The seas alone to even attempt to swim in them is vastly dangerous in comparison to the other seas pretimeskip.

Again you mentioned haki from Enel and haki from Lucci pretimeskip. However you failed to mention on purpose that coby actually has both plus rokoushiki. Infact he has been stated to have advanced coO as well. Which are things not Enel or Lucci had (Enel didn't have coA and was inferior to luffys rubber body so he wasn't a good analogy to use and Lucci did not showcase observation haki let alone advanced observation haki.

Pretimeskip luffy has never fought a person that possessed both and won

Cap. It was established from jump pretimeskip that you had to be of a certain prestige and level to even attempt to enter the new world. The seas alone to even attempt to swim in them is vastly dangerous in comparison to the other seas pretimeskip.

Again you mentioned haki from Enel and haki from Lucci pretimeskip. However you failed to mention on purpose that coby actually has both plus rokoushiki. Infact he has been stated to have advanced coO as well. Which are things not Enel or Lucci had (Enel didn't have coA and was inferior to luffys rubber body so he wasn't a good analogy to use and Lucci did not showcase observation haki let alone advanced observation haki.

Pretimeskip luffy has never fought a person that possessed both and won
Indeed and an even further power to make it far into the New World. It was very wise of a choice from Luffy to propose his nakama to see again in two years and not earlier despite they technically had the chance, so that they could properly train and face the danger when ready.

Why the actual hell do people think Coby will be any relevant, he won't even 1v1 Hancock because he was sent with a whole big ass fleet.
Silly question. We know he will be relevant since the story started with himself Luffy and Zoro. That's why. Then oda went out of his way to have koby learn a rokoushiki technique showing us exactly what he would be capable in the future.

He then had koby witness a war in marineford so that he and helmeppo would know that they need to level up fast to be of any merit on future wars. He then had that koby stand against Luffy even though he knew Luffy was trying to save his brother. Showing us that even though koby admires Luffy, he will still follow his own path regardless. This is even further show when just like Zoro and Luffy pretimeskip, koby also unlocks haki pretimeskip during the war. And the first thing he does is stand against an admiral knowing full well that he may have died. Oda went as far as to use this situation to have shanks comment on koby with the other pirates such as law, Marco and the other admirals stop and recognize koby while he was talking down to his own admiral.

Taking it back a bit Luffy even told koby that he full believe he would become an admiral. With even Zoro stating that Luffy has now made "Another powerful enemy". Even Zoro believes in koby's potential.

And finally we have luffys grandfather be the one to actually train koby. The person revered as the "Strongest Marine" is personally training koby. And you actually believe that oda did all of that to keep koby as a fodeer character? Boy stop the bulshit

Why the actual hell do people think Coby will be any relevant, he won't even 1v1 Hancock because he was sent with a whole big ass fleet.
I think he will likely become an admiral in the worst case scenario he will fail to capture Boa. Of course I don't expect him to stand on C3 level by the end of the series. More probably one day to eventually stand on that level. I doubt he will be able to catch Luffy anytime soon unless Luffy will stay alive and stop growing post EoS with Coby somehow keeping to do that haha.

I would put Koby and Helmeppo at vice admiral level:all have rokushiki and haki,so they have the requirements for being a vice admiral!They should be yonko veteran/vice admiral level!
Very very interesting

This thread has been open for over a week. And I think everyone got there thoughts in. So I will close it. The voting polls confirm that alot of people including myself believes that at MINIMUM (and for someone people maximum) that koby and Helmeppo are atleast Tobi Roppo tier or slightly higher. Which to me makes sense.

Some of you even went into detail describing that instead of having extreme durability like vergo or drake koby will instead specialize in

(1). Advanced Observation haki

(2). High levels of speed

(3). Will lack defenses in comparison to a person like vergo but will instead have more speed using soru with better usage of kami-e to increase his evasion, combined with his usage of advanced observation haki. So his speed and evasion should make up for any lack of defense

(4). Will have armament hardening (as confirmed by the sbs) though his hardening may not be as potent as Vergo

(5) Will have advanced ryou to casually cause internal destruction as he throws punches and kicks and long ranged attacks to make up for his lack of AP in comparison to people like vice admirals and above

(6). Will also have shigan that he should be able to fire from a distance like stucy and rob Lucci that he can coat in armament haki

(7). Will also have the ability to use tempest kick

(8). And finally combine Rokougun with Advanced Ryou as a double impact internal damage move. This will be his most powerful move

Last edited:
Very very interesting

This thread has been open for over a week. And I think everyone got there thoughts in. So I will close it. The voting polls confirm that alot of people including myself believes that at MINIMUM (and for someone people maximum) that koby and Helmeppo are atleast Tobi Roppo tier or slightly higher. Which to me makes sense.

Some of you even went into detail describing that instead of having extreme durability like vergo or drake koby will instead specialize in

(1). Advanced Observation haki

(2). High levels of speed

(3). Will lack defenses in comparison to a person like vergo but will instead have more speed using soru with better usage of kami-e to increase his evasion, combined with his usage of advanced observation haki. So his speed and evasion should make up for any lack of defense

(4). Will have armament hardening (as confirmed by the sbs) though his hardening may not be as potent as Vergo

(5) Will have advanced ryou to casually cause internal destruction as he throws punches and kicks and long ranged attacks to make up for his lack of AP in comparison to people like vice admirals and above

(6). Will also have shigan that he should be able to fire from a distance like stucy and rob Lucci that he can coat in armament haki

(7). Will also have the ability to use tempest kick

(8). And finally combine Rokougun with Advanced Ryou as a double impact internal damage move. This will be his most powerful move
40% think that they might be on Tobi Roppo level.

Not exactly a high number, given the fact that OP stans always tend to vastly overestimate the strength of certain characters.

60% think they're below the Tobi Roppo, which is the only logical conclusion we can draw as of right now.

As random as Oda is with his power-growths, this is still no Fairy Tale manga, where complete pre-skip fodder like Coby and Helmeppo (heck, even with knowledge of Rokusiki they were utter fodder) can suddenly go up against some of the most powerful Yonko forces after only two years of training.

40% think that they might be on Tobi Roppo level.

Not exactly a high number, given the fact that OP stans always tend to vastly overestimate the strength of certain characters.

60% think they're below the Tobi Roppo, which is the only logical conclusion we can draw as of right now.

As random as Oda is with his power-growths, this is still no Fairy Tale manga, where complete pre-skip fodder like Coby and Helmeppo (heck, even with knowledge of Rokusiki they were utter fodder) can suddenly go up against some of the most powerful Yonko forces after only two years of training.
I actually doubt that. The same was said about luffy and zoro. And these cats now going up against yonko themselves. Obviously koby won't be on their levels. However just like luffy and zoro oda made sure focus on his growth including his haki as well.

Also you may wanna recount. It's closer to 60 percent actually since the vast majority voted in favor of them being above all candidates including tobbi roppo, on tobi roppo level and vergo level is also on the current level of the tobi roppo. So it's less than 60 percent leaning towards them being weaker than the robbi roppi and closer to if not 60 percent leaning towards them being as strong at the very least

45 percent thinks they are below and the other 55 percent think they are tobbi roppo level (higher percentage for those that think they are vergo level , tobbi roppo level and above. And last time I checked vergo is comparable to the tobbi roppo)

Last edited: