How Strong is Dadan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
I had a discussion in another thread and the topic of the durability of One Piece Characters came up. Some were arguing that most One Piece Characters have skin durability(without Haki or other supplements) that surpasses that of stone and treebark.

it got me thinking. I remember that Dadan was able to bloody Garp who many consider in the upper echelon of the one piece world in regards to strength. So, how strong is Dadan exactly?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
@Rosella.Fiamingo There are two things wrong with your assessment Big Mom is not the second most durable character in One Piece, Akainu, Oden, Mihawk, Zoro, Aokiji, Kizaru, Whitebeard, Roger, Ryuma, Marco and Jozu are more durable until Big Mom proves she can tank Kong Gun without needing Haki. King Baum isn't very durable because Big Mom's attacks are some of the weakest attacks in the series, rather so weak that Jinbei who was injured by basic G2 attack tanked one of Big Mom's strongest attacks, yet Big Mom was able to cut King Baum

So if Big Mom who generously has mid tier attack power can cut King Baum, he is clearly not one of the most durable characters in the series

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
@Rosella.Fiamingo There are two things wrong with your assessment Big Mom is not the second most durable character in One Piece, Akainu, Oden, Mihawk, Zoro, Aokiji, Kizaru, Whitebeard, Roger, Ryuma, Marco and Jozu are more durable until Big Mom proves she can tank Kong Gun without needing Haki. King Baum isn't very durable because Big Mom's attacks are some of the weakest attacks in the series, rather so weak that Jinbei who was injured by basic G2 attack tanked one of Big Mom's strongest attacks, yet Big Mom was able to cut King Baum

So if Big Mom who generously has mid tier attack power can cut King Baum, he is clearly not one of the most durable characters in the series
:gokulaugh: Inb4 the lock.

Yes, I've been stanning the wrong Big Woman all along. I should be stanning Dadan with her casual Island level swings.

Garp casually busts mountains but gets bloodied by Dadan. I think she deserves some due credit. I think she's around Island level with her swings.
And Garp needs haki to hurt Luffy with a punch yet Vivi can make him bleed with some slapping. No dramatic scene should ever be taken into account for measuring strength because what takes precedence is the dramatic impact and Oda could very well use anything as a rhetoric tool to the point of even ignoring the internal consistency for the sake of it (again, Vivi making Luffy bleed with a common slap).

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
And Garp needs haki to hurt Luffy with a punch yet Vivi can make him bleed with some slapping. No dramatic scene should ever be taken into account for measuring strength because what takes precedence is the dramatic impact and Oda could very well use anything as a rhetoric tool to the point of even ignoring the internal consistency for the sake of it (again, Vivi making Luffy bleed with a common slap).
Who is to say Vivi lacks haki? We've seen non combat characters demonstrate Haki. Aisa still has the best Observation Haki sensing feat in the entire series but shes a little girl and lacks combat ability. Luffy also had Haki in the pre-ts as noted by Teach. It's not farfetched to think that she has Haki and it manifests itself when she attacks a rubber man who she can't normally hurt.

Who is to say Vivi lacks haki? We've seen non combat characters demonstrate Haki. Aisa still has the best Observation Haki sensing feat in the entire series but shes a little girl and lacks combat ability. Luffy also had Haki in the pre-ts as noted by Teach. It's not farfetched to think that she has Haki and it manifests itself when she attacks a rubber man who she can't normally hurt.
Yet it didn't manifest itself when she attacked a sand man who she can't normally hurt and is her actual enemy, unlike Luffy.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Yet it didn't manifest itself when she attacked a sand man who she can't normally hurt and is her actual enemy, unlike Luffy.
I feel bad. Don't take this thread too seriuosly. I'm poking fun at another thread but my fun does not discount that fact that multiple top tiers have gotten hurt by far weaker attacks. Their skin is just skin so it will be hurt if bitten, struck or stabbed. there are far too many instances to simply discount it as narrative. In the moments where Luffy has gotten hurt, it was in gag situations.

In serious situations which most of the situations I can cite are, we should take those moments of physical vulnerability as legitimate. No one has ever said that Garps Skin was so tough that swords break and bullets bounce off. That is because his durability is normal and he can be hurt through normal means when he does not reinforce himself with Haki or through other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.