LDR 85
INT 85

San Shuu
STR 87
LDR 80
INT 80
Durability: 90
Post automatically merged:

How high up is a Duke in Kingdom? I was confused why Denrimi had a duke in his army lol.
It's best not to ask these questions.

Hara isn't going to give us shit.

:milaugh:

:josad: We are past due for Shin leaning into his nobility status and being given the title of Duke. Sei is the worst.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
If I r
He blocked a serious swing from Ji Aga's mace with a sword and made it look easy.

No 85 does that.
If I remember correctly it was just after Jiaga was injured by the squad

And no 90 would be killed by Kansaro that easily

he will be in the 85/87 range

I think Fuuon (Dark Seika Shin) will be at best 90 / 91

No way the squad is as strong as him

If I remember correctly it was just after Jiaga was injured by the squad
Injured is a tad much considering he didn't even bleed and immediately retaliated. Look at the expression on his face, he swung that mace with bad intentions and SKG blocked it with a sword.

And no 90 would be killed by Kansaro that easily
He was killed because he missed and was immediately exposed to a counter.

It's not that any different from Ji Aga misreading Shi Ryou and immediately being fatally wounded right after, or Fuu On misreading A Kou and getting his ribs turned to mashed potatoes.

he will be in the 85/87 range
Hara is always more conservative and his stats rarely make sense relative to what the material actually depicts.

I think Fuuon (Dark Seika Shin) will be at best 90 / 91
That's where I've always had him, and I still put SKG at a flat 90.

No way the squad is as strong as him
Not the squad, SKG specifically. He's an assassin of the Ou Sen Army, given his ability to hang with the likes of Shi Ryou, Ji Aga and Kan Saro, he justifies the 90.

Arbitrary as assigning numerical values to strength is, he's done enough to justify a 90 by my standard, which puts him on par with Ryuu Fuu of the Ko Chou Army, Shu Ki, Ma Ki and Rai Dou.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Shin Kaku Gaku
STR 90
LDR 84
INT 88

Duke Da Rin
STR 88
LDR 85
INT 85

San Shuu
STR 87
LDR 80
INT 80
Durability: 90

It's best not to ask these questions.

Hara isn't going to give us shit.

:milaugh:

:josad: We are past due for Shin leaning into his nobility status and being given the title of Duke. Sei is the worst.
i'm guessing Earl is supposed to be pretty high ranked

The Lord of Gyou who is also a member of the Zhao Royal Family was an Earl i think

I doubt any of them is supposed to be stronger than Gokei(89) or even close lol

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Ryuu Fuu of the Ko Chou Army
Ryuu Fuu had a 90 stats ? I didn’t remember that

I didn’t remember that Ko Chou guys had numbers for them already

Raido seems more impressive than any member of that squad

Yeah true those two officers hunters were 90 in STR and had almost the same job as the Ousen killing squad

But frankly I barely remember them

But when you take all the 90 or 91 level guys I see them all above the Denrimi squad

i'm guessing Earl is supposed to be pretty high ranked

The Lord of Gyou who is also a member of the Zhao Royal Family was an Earl i think

I doubt any of them is supposed to be stronger than Gokei(89) or even close lol
The Earls’ primary function was not that of frontline martial figures. They were reliable custodians for Ri Boku, to deploy and execute stratagems and tactics he taught them. They were too old, too fat, and too valuable to operate as frontline fighters beyond necessity. Their value was between their ears, not in their arms.

Shin Kaku Gaku and Da Rin were assassins of the Ou Sen Army. They were no different than “Officer Hunters” Shu Ki and Ma Ki, who were BOTH STR 90 and both stronger than Go Kei (not accounting for weight boost).

The Lord of Gyou was uncle to Tou Jou. I wouldn’t put too much thought into titles. Hara clearly doesn’t or Shin would be referred to as Lord or Duke Ri Shin by now, given the numerous on panel and off panel rewards and bumps up the nobility ladder he must’ve accumulated by now.

The Earls’ primary function was not that of frontline martial figures. They were reliable custodians for Ri Boku, to deploy and execute stratagems and tactics he taught them. They were too old, too fat, and too valuable to operate as frontline fighters beyond necessity. Their value was between their ears, not in their arms.

Shin Kaku Gaku and Da Rin were assassins of the Ou Sen Army. They were no different than “Officer Hunters” Shu Ki and Ma Ki, who were BOTH STR 90 and both stronger than Go Kei (not accounting for weight boost).

The Lord of Gyou was uncle to Tou Jou. I wouldn’t put too much thought into titles. Hara clearly doesn’t or Shin would be referred to as Lord or Duke Ri Shin by now, given the numerous on panel and off panel rewards and bumps up the nobility ladder he must’ve accumulated by now.
Hara is just mixing ranks and eras without rhyme or reason. Duke was an extremely exceptional rank than only a few people got, usually family of the emperor. In fact at one point, Duke was the highest rank of semi-independent rulers under the Zhou dynasty. Qin rulers were Dukes before they declared themselves Kings when the Zhou weakened.

But then Hara goes and throws it around like candy, including subs of an Ousen sub lol. That sh*t makes no sense. Either that or it's the translators fault, since Gong (what they translate as Duke) is also just generical "Lord". That translation would make much more sense, since any high ranking person can be called lord without issue.

Also Hara mentions the 20 ranks, of those ranks only the last 2 actually confer a nobility title (secondary marquis and full marquis). I don't think Shin is a marquis yet, since on panel he has only had like what, 6 or 7 ranks increments? Even if Hara sees fit to give him some increase off-panel that gets mentioned in the future, he should still be far away from 19 rank increases.

A bit of info on marquises, nobility and the 20 ranks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranged_Marquis
http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Terms/wujue.html
http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Terms/ershidengjue.html

Last edited:
Hara is just mixing ranks and eras without rhyme or reason. Duke was an extremely exceptional rank than only a few people got, usually family of the emperor. In fact at one point, Duke was the highest rank of semi-independent rulers under the Zhou dynasty. Qin rulers were Dukes before they declared themselves Kings when the Zhou weakened.

But then Hara goes and throws it around like candy, including subs of an Ousen sub lol. That sh*t makes no sense. Either that or it's the translators fault, since Gong (what they translate as Duke) is also just generical "Lord". That translation would make much more sense, since any high ranking person can be called lord without issue.

Also Hara mentions the 20 ranks, of those ranks only the last 2 actually confer a nobility title (secondary marquis and full marquis). I don't think Shin is a marquis yet, since on panel he has only had like what, 6 or 7 ranks increments? Even if Hara sees fit to give him some increase off-panel that gets mentioned in the future, he should still be far away from 19 rank increases.
can you provide a source of ranks ??? :gokulaugh:

can you provide a source of ranks ??? :gokulaugh:
I'm glad to see my comment got you so butthurt that you are now chasing me on another thread, woikurus :suresure:

Go and search wikipedia or google a bit yourself, troll, I'm not gonna do the work for you. Or keep believing that Hara's system is perfect and historical, it really makes no difference to me.

Ryuu Fuu had a 90 stats ? I didn’t remember that

I didn’t remember that Ko Chou guys had numbers for them already
He doesn’t have a data book stat line, he does have the feats.

Raido seems more impressive than any member of that squad
Based on what? Rai Do has no meaningful feats. Ryuu Fuu is much more impressive.

Yeah true those two officers hunters were 90 in STR and had almost the same job as the Ousen killing squad

But frankly I barely remember them
I remember them well, and SKG did more to justify a 90 than they ever did.

But when you take all the 90 or 91 level guys I see them all above the Denrimi squad
Even if that were the case, that’s fine, not all 90s are made equal. It doesn’t change SKG - who never exerted himself going all out either - justifies the stat line.

A bit of info on marquises, nobility and the 20 ranks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranged_Marquis
http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Terms/wujue.html
http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Terms/ershidengjue.html
I know actual Dukes were basically the closest thing to kings and I don't actually believe Duke Hyou had that title. He could have, it may have been bestowed to him by King Sho for a lifetime of services rendered and in lieu of him not joining the 6GGs (+ clever political maneuvering), but I don't think that was the case.

Mistranslation seems to be root cause, but regardless of Shin's on panel and off panel rewards - I think if Hara gave a shit about realism, he would've had Sei reward him many times by now. He would've been naturally incentivised to do so for a number of practical reasons beyond gratitude and friendship. For one, Shin was his greatest protector and a rare talent, having a house founded by that man loyal to the crown would've been of great benefit. Additionally, it would have shown all those yet to join his faction that he treated his friends well and was generous to those loyal to him.

Sei should've given Shin lands and titles for his role in the Sei Kyou Rebellion. The shack Shou Bun Kun "rewarded" him with was shameful and Sei should've taken offense to it (I know some bullshit reason was given). At the very least, Shin should've been richly rewarded with gold to do with as he pleases, if not a mansion in the city and a plot of land.

For his efforts in the Coalition War and the Siege of Sai in particular, Shin should've been given a lordship of a city (and Sei should've given him his own royal steed to replace Shun, RIP). Sai would've been perfect and practical, to act as a shield for the royal family.

If not Sai, then by the time Sei Kyou died, Sei should've married his widow, Rui, to Shin, to shore up her family's political clout for his faction and given Shin lordship of Tonryuu. (This would've also given Hara a workaround to giving him an heir at an appropriate time as Kyou Kai was obviously a man irl).

For saving Sei's child and concubine, he should've been promoted way up the nobility ladder, to the point other nobles would simply have to call him Lord Ri Shin and he would be considered of equal prestige as the heirs of the Ou and Mou families.

Slaying Hou Ken and thereby avenging Great Generals Kyou, Ou Ki and Duke Hyou should've been what pushed Shin to become a Marquise, or close to it.

Last edited:
He doesn’t have a data book stat line, he does have the feats.

Based on what? Rai Do has no meaningful feats. Ryuu Fuu is much more impressive.

I remember them well, and SKG did more to justify a 90 than they ever did.

Even if that were the case, that’s fine, not all 90s are made equal. It doesn’t change SKG - who never exerted himself going all out either - justifies the stat line.

I know actual Dukes were basically the closest think to kings and I don't actually believe Duke Hyou had that title. He could have been, it may have been bestowed to him by King Sho for a lifetime of services rendered and in lieu of him not joining the 6GGs (+ clever political maneuvering but I digress), but I don't think that was the case.

Mistranslation seems to be root cause, but regardless of Shin's on panel and off panel rewards - I think if Hara gave a shit about realism, he would've had Sei reward him many times by now. He would've been naturally incentivised to do for a number of practical reasons beyond gratitude and friendship. For one, Shin was his greatest protector and a rare talent, having a house founded by that man loyal to the crown would've been of great benefit. Additionally, it would show all those yet to join his faction that he treated his friends well and was generous to those loyal to him.

Sei should've given Shin lands and titles for his role in the Sei Kyou Rebellion. The shack Shou Bun Kun "rewarded" him with was shameful and Sei should've taken offense to it (I know some bullshit reason was given). At the very least, Shin should've been richly rewarded with gold to do with as he pleases, if not a mansion in the city and a plot of land.

For his efforts in the Coalition War and the Siege of Sai in particular, Shin should've been given a lordship of a city (and Sei should've given him his own royal steed to replace Shun, RIP). Sai would've been perfect and practical, to act as a shield for the royal family.

If not Sai, then by the time Sei Kyou died, Sei shoud've married his widow, Rui, to Shin, to shore up her family's political clout for his faction and given Shin lordship of Tonryuu. (This would've also given Hara a workaround to giving him an heir at an appropriate time as Kyou Kai was obviously a man irl).

For saving Sei's child and concubine, he should've been promoted way up the nobility ladder, to the point others would have to call him Lord and he would be considered of equal prestige as the heirs of Ou and Mou families.

Slaying Hou Ken and thereby avenging Great Generals Kyou, Ou Ki and Duke Hyou should've been what pushed Shin to become a Marquise, or close to it.
Yes, if we took into account historical rewards for meritorious service, Shin should be one of the highest officials in Qin right now, but Hara follows "Kingdom" logic where saving the life of the Qin king and being instrumental in deposing an usurper gets you a shack inthe middle of nowhere, so :kayneshrug:

Yes, if we took into account historical rewards for meritorious service, Shin should be one of the highest officials in Qin right now, but Hara follows "Kingdom" logic where saving the life of the Qin king and being instrumental in deposing an usurper gets you a shack inthe middle of nowhere, so :kayneshrug:
It really is absurd. The more you think about it, the crazier it is.

I wished Hara gave a shit about the details. Kingdom would’ve been better for it.

It’s such a shame he only cared about the politics up until Sei’s ascension.

It also sucks he’s made Sei an unambiguous “good king” - the story would’ve been better if he were actively manipulating all those around him, including his best friend, and being torn by it.