How strong would Gigachad Garp be compared to early saiyajin saga Goku and Piccolo?

Veku

Flamboyant

Let's use Goku or Piccolo for the matter since they basically share the same powerlevel at the beginning of Dragonball Z

Piccolo at that time was already capable of destroying the moon, not casually, but that makes him a planet buster:

Now let's use Prime Garp because thematically he fits the most and give him:
- Maxed out Advanced Coc
- Maxed out Advanced CoA (Barrier+internal destruction)
- Maxed out CoO (Future Sight)
- Maxed out Rokushiki
- Maxed out Fishmen Karate
- Maxed out Kaido's fruit
- Maxed out Whitebeards Fruit
- Maxed out Kizaru's Fruit
- Kaido's durability
- Whitebeards/ Kaidos endurance (whoever you think has more)
- Luffy's willpower
- Ben Beckmans Intelligence (or whoever you think is the battlegenius of Op)

How far would he push Goku/Piccolo, or what numbers would you apply to Garp, if Goku's and Piccolo's are about 400?

@Cinera @Van @Light D Lamperouge @comrade @sanjikun @ConquistadoR @Bogard @Garp the Fist @Garps tekkai @ZenZu @Sentinel @TheAncientCenturion

Last edited:
Well, as you pointed out, they are planet busters. But that only applies to their Ki beams. Outside of it, they are probably not that strong. Like Muten Roshi was able to blow up the moon, but I doubt that in hand to hand combat, he would stand a chance against Giga chad Garp.

Douriki in One Piece is comparable to the power level in Dragonball. A marine soldier has a Douriki of 10, which is around the same an average human in Dragonball has. Lucci had a Douriki of 4000.

Child Gohan when charging up to like 1300 (?) blitzed Radditz and gave him a head butt to the ribs so hard he had trouble.

So weak characters like Muten Roshi being able to blow up the moon seems to me like an inconsistency.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Let's use Goku or Piccolo for the matter since they basically share the same powerlevel at the beginning of Dragonball Z

Piccolo at that time was already capable of destroying the moon, not casually, but that makes him a plant buster:

Now let's use Prime Garp because thematically he fits the most and give him:
- Maxed out Advanced Coc
- Maxed out Advanced CoA (Barrier+internal destruction)
- Maxed out CoO (Future Sight)
- Maxed out Rokushiki
- Maxed out Fishmen Karate
- Maxed out Kaido's fruit
- Maxed out Whitebeards Fruit
- Maxed out Kizaru's Fruit
- Kaido's durability
- Whitebeards/ Kaidos endurance (whoever you think has more)
- Luffy's willpower
- Ben Beckmans Intelligence (or whoever you think is the battlegenius of Op)

How far would he push Goku/Piccolo, or what numbers would you apply to Garp, if Goku's and Piccolo's are about 400?

@Cinera @Van @Light D Lamperouge @comrade @sanjikun @ConquistadoR @Bogard @Garp the Fist @Garps tekkai @ZenZu @Sentinel @TheAncientCenturion
:quest:

Even with all these additions I can't see Garp as anything more than a continent buster with ultimate attacks and maybe that's high balling it. He's outclassed in power still, by far.

Other gimmicks get worked over by the sheer difference.

That got most dumbest thread ever I seen since ganondorf wank, or naturo vs goku thing
Early DBZ goku one shot garp.

What next ? Shanks with All Force power from Star Wars vs Garp with your random power up ?

Veku

Flamboyant
:quest:

Even with all these additions I can't see Garp as anything more than a continent buster with ultimate attacks and maybe that's high balling it. He's outclassed in power still, by far.

Other gimmicks get worked over by the sheer difference.
What if I add the power of friendship on top to Garp's repertoire?

What if I add the power of friendship on top to Garp's repertoire?
Power of friendship never work on saiyan saiyan vegeta or Frieza., or cell.

Spirit bomb is what you may call friendship move but vegeta, frieze survive, jiren laugh at spirt bomb.

There is no friendship power in DBZ. In GT, goku is only solution to all problem.

Garp is not Goku or Nastu

First and foremost, I like that you participate in crossover match-ups too, especially with these interesting match-up circumstances @Veku.

But as you said, these guys are casual moon busters. Garp gets lots of additional hypothetical PUs but I doubt it magically elevates him to moon level. Abilities such as internal destruction Haki and FS might help, as well as speed (Garp moves with LS) but the difference in AP and durability is too huge.

but the difference in AP and durability is too huge.
And that's where the inconsistency comes into play with those Ki blasts imo.
Douriki ~ DB power level, since a standard Marine soldier has a Douriki of 10, just as a standard human in DB has a power level of around 5-10.

Child Gohan, when charging his power level up to 1300, blitzed Raditz and smashed his head into Raditz' chest so hard, Raditz really felt it. Even though that attack only cracked his armor, not even destroying hit.

So it sounds weird that Goku and Piccolo, who were even weaker than Raditz, would just tank prime Garp's attack with maxed out Haoshoku and internal destruction, maxed out Gura, maxed out Light-Fruit (faster punches yet hit harder).

Plus, just logically, how can Goku and Piccolo not obliterate Raditz with "moon busting" ki blasts, when 1300 power level child Gohan's head butt did damage? So is Gohan's headbutt a planet buster? Or is it, that celestial bodies seem to be easy to destroy by Ki blasts?

Douriki ~ DB power level, since a standard Marine soldier has a Douriki of 10, just as a standard human in DB has a power level of around 5-10.
Nah bro, that's not how it works.
Each verse has its own rules of powerlevel scaling but they're inverse exclusive, hence you cannot equate One Piece's Douriki PL scaling to Dragon Ball just as you cannot equate Nanatsu no Taizai's to One Piece either. I mean, look at Lucci's Douriki, didn't he have 4000? Well, this character is town level/city level in AP at best, meanwhile DB characters around ~400 are small planetary-ish.

Child Gohan, when charging his power level up to 1300, blitzed Raditz and smashed his head into Raditz' chest so hard, Raditz really felt it.
Where is the exact issue? Upon a blink of a moment, when Gohan's rage reaches its peak, his PL rises very exponentially, to which he's suddenly a clear danger to opponents stronger than Goku and Co. That's also the reason why Gohan managed to injure Nappa despite stronger Z fighters dealing jackshit to him.

Also, Gohan's rage was an essential plot element when fighting Cell. Making Gohan angry was Goku's plan to defeat Cell once and for all.

So it sounds weird that Goku and Piccolo, who were even weaker than Raditz, would just tank prime Garp's attack with maxed out Haoshoku and internal destruction, maxed out Gura, maxed out Light-Fruit (faster punches yet hit harder).
Why?
Don't get me wrong, this composite version would murk everyone in One Piece but such stats are just additional good bonuses in crossover battles. Heck, there are much more haxed characters in which planetary/stellar AP and durability stats are basically irrelevant since these characters are so broken, they automatically neg such opponents with their abilities anyway.
As for now, there's no proof a version like this is a moon buster as well.
Gohan injured Raditz because he - at this certain situation - got such a ridiculously high PL, his got close to Raditz' (1500). Also, don't forget that Goku and Piccolo can rise their powerlevel when powering themselves up for a higher end KI attack (in this case, Kamehameha or Piccolo's Makankosappo) and only in this shape, they can injure Raditz as well.

Therefore, it actually means a lot that Gohan's base PL was this high, if he actually powered himself up, using a high level KI attack, he would pulverize Raditz.

Plus, just logically, how can Goku and Piccolo not obliterate Raditz with "moon busting" ki blasts, when 1300 power level child Gohan's head butt did damage?
It's actually quite simple: It's because Gohan's attack > Goku's and Piccolo's KI blasts bar Makankosappo in Attack Potency. If Gohan were about to charge directly towards Goku's Kamehameha, he would overpower the blast actually.

So is Gohan's headbutt a planet buster?
Its energy has levels of planetary destructive capacities indeed.

Another question, is this attack NOT planetary stellar levelled?

I mean, the AOE of this attack is very centered and focused on a certain physical shape but it doesn't mean it has no chance against Saiyan Saga Vegeta's Galick Gun which would have obliterated the planet.

Or is it, that celestial bodies seem to be easy to destroy by Ki blasts?
No, there's no basis to it.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Still too weak

Goku was a complete moon level guy as a kid and I don't buy the circumstantial thing cause he was also capable to tank and endure an attack like that.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Nah bro, that's not how it works.
Each verse has its own rules of powerlevel scaling but they're inverse exclusive, hence you cannot equate One Piece's Douriki PL scaling to Dragon Ball just as you cannot equate Nanatsu no Taizai's to One Piece either. I mean, look at Lucci's Douriki, didn't he have 4000? Well, this character is town level/city level in AP at best, meanwhile DB characters around ~400 are small planetary-ish.

Where is the exact issue? Upon a blink of a moment, when Gohan's rage reaches its peak, his PL rises very exponentially, to which he's suddenly a clear danger to opponents stronger than Goku and Co. That's also the reason why Gohan managed to injure Nappa despite stronger Z fighters dealing jackshit to him.

Also, Gohan's rage was an essential plot element when fighting Cell. Making Gohan angry was Goku's plan to defeat Cell once and for all.

Why?
Don't get me wrong, this composite version would murk everyone in One Piece but such stats are just additional good bonuses in crossover battles. Heck, there are much more haxed characters in which planetary/stellar AP and durability stats are basically irrelevant since these characters are so broken, they automatically neg such opponents with their abilities anyway.
As for now, there's no proof a version like this is a moon buster as well.
Gohan injured Raditz because he - at this certain situation - got such a ridiculously high PL, his got close to Raditz' (1500). Also, don't forget that Goku and Piccolo can rise their powerlevel when powering themselves up for a higher end KI attack (in this case, Kamehameha or Piccolo's Makankosappo) and only in this shape, they can injure Raditz as well.

Therefore, it actually means a lot that Gohan's base PL was this high, if he actually powered himself up, using a high level KI attack, he would pulverize Raditz.

It's actually quite simple: It's because Gohan's attack > Goku's and Piccolo's KI blasts bar Makankosappo in Attack Potency. If Gohan were about to charge directly towards Goku's Kamehameha, he would overpower the blast actually.

Its energy has levels of planetary destructive capacities indeed.

Another question, is this attack NOT planetary stellar levelled?

I mean, the AOE of this attack is very centered and focused on a certain physical shape but it doesn't mean it has no chance against Saiyan Saga Vegeta's Galick Gun which would have obliterated the planet.

No, there's no basis to it.
Fax goku even says in the cell saga when on about gohan growing up
The kid was just that a kid
Yet had moments smacking around
Raditz
Vegeta
Even freiza
When gohan spikes he spikes