General & Others How would you feel if chapter 1000 nothing special

Annoyed only because they are hyping it. They didn't hype 600, 700, 800 or 900. They did hype 500 a few times, I remember that, and it ended up with Rayleigh being revealed.

Fun fact, it took roughly 11 years to get to the first 500 chapters. Its been about~ 12 years since then to reach the next 500, due to Oda slowing down his chapters release schedule since 2014, it'd take another 13-14 to get to 1500 if it were possible.

Now I doubt we are getting 1500 chapters, but his "5 years left" comment is complete BS and most of us know it. After 1000 im curious to see how many 100 chapter milestones he crosses. He will definitely surpass 1100 and 1200, thats super obvious at this point. "5 years left" will at least have him get to this point. Its after this that it will be hard to predict where the series concludes. Will he cross 1300? 1400? That is 7-10 years away.

Honestly, unless act 3 ends at Chapter 999, and Chapter 1000 is another outside Wano chapter, I don't really see how chapter 1000 in Wano itself is going to be super special. Luffy reaches Kaido? Is that really a milestone for the series?
Oda won't have his 1000th chapter without Luffy in it
I think 1000th is either start of act 4 or end of act 3
Luffy Vs Kaido and then maybe a Rox or Vegapunk reveal

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I would feel ok.

This thing about chapter 1000 is a fanmade optimistic scenario, there's nothing concrete to take into consideration so I don't expect anything. The more we get the better, quality wise I mean, of course.

It would be a great touch from Oda to make it special regardless, it should still be intended as a great occasion to.

Oda won't have his 1000th chapter without Luffy in it
I think 1000th is either start of act 4 or end of act 3
Luffy Vs Kaido and then maybe a Rox or Vegapunk reveal
One would think it'd be a major introduction of a character. Chapter 100 introduced Dragon, and chapter 500 introduced Rayleigh. But the thing is here, in the midst of where we are at in the arc it's hard to imagine a special character coming out of nowhere. Unless Kaido has somebody locked up on Onigashima, and maybe they get freed. It's possible, but with the current route we are heading, it's hard to imagine. Unless Law stumbles upon someone while he's out doing whatever it is he's doing.