Powers & Abilities How would you rank Oden's Retainers from Top to bottom

As Title says, I would like for everyone to rank Oden's retainers from Strongest to Weakest (This is just pure speculation) so go wild if you like haha. Also, try to include Izo (from WB pirates) alongside with them!

My ranking for them:
1- Asura Douji
2- Denjiro
3- Izo
4- Nekumamushi
5- Inuarashi
6- Kawamatsu
7- Kinemon
8- Kanjuro
9- Kiku
10- Raizo

1. Ashura Doji
2. Kin’emon
3. Kawamatsu
4. Inuarashi
5. Nekomamushi
6. Izo
7. Kiku
8. Denjiro
9. Raizo
10. Kanjuro

My rationale for ranking them like this is as follows: :luuh:
Kawa & Denjiro were stated as the 3 strongest samurai under Oden i think

And the dukes currently merk Kin

Currently :
Ashura / Kawa / Dukes / Izo / Kiku / Raizou & Kanjurou

Flashback
Ashura / Denjiro / Kawa / Dukes / Raizou / Kiku / Kanjurou

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Currently :

Flashback
Fair enough! Until we actually see more of Denjiro (or see him at all in the present), I can’t condone putting him any higher in my rankings, but I usually don’t have a problem being wrong.

Bogard

You can't win
1- Ashura Doji - he was the one originally used to hype Oden, was the one who fought Kaido(with Denjiro) when the other scabbards escaped, was the one who destroyed Jack's shotei blades and wounded him in one attack

2- Inuarashi/Nekomamushi - could fight off Jack for 12hours, which is a better feat than the ones below

3- Kawamatsu - was hyped alongside Ashura Doji and Denjiro, but the thing is Kawamatsu was inactive for 13years(in prison), with Kinemon not knowing that, so he might be weaker

4- Kinemon - Ashura implied they might have been comparable in the past, but Kinemon lost the 20years growth, but he is still portrayed as the leader of his little group with Kiku, Raizo, Kanjuro who themselves also didn't get the chance to grow

5- Kiku - With the way Luffy continuously hyped him to be strong, i'd honestly not be surprised if he was stronger than Kinemon, but so far it seems he consider Kinemon as his sensei, so giving Kinemon the benefit of the doubt

6- Raizo/Kanjuro - Raizo has a ninja rivalry with a leader of Orochi's army, but on the other hand, there were no concrete difference in portrayal between Kanjuro and him, and Kanjuro also displayed hardening with his full abilities yet to be seen

For Izo, not quite certain, but he was probably already stronger than Kiku as his elder brother, and got the advantage to grow stronger these 20years while travelling in Whitebeard's crew, so it's not impossible that he is at the very least comparable to Kawamatsu if not superior.

For Denjiro, i'm not placing him yet because it could depend on his current wherabouts/what he did during these last 20years following Oden's death. If he was still active, i'd place above Inuarashi/Nekomamushi, and comparable to Ashura Doji(falling short a little due to Ashura having better portrayal)

I think Kinemon could be as strong as Asura Doji, if not even stronger, if he ever learned how to utilize his DF for combat purposes. as of now, he just uses his powers for parlor tricks and occasionally for utility. But his powers are so under-utilized that I often forget he even has DF abiliities in the first place.

But I can just imagine him using his powers to summon powerful armor.

Currently :

Flashback
No man, this was NEVER stated!

Kinemon simply mentioned "Kawamatsu and Denjiro" in the same breathe as Asura Douji simply because they are THE 3 MISSING Retainers. That's all.

So, they were already 6 on total, and 3 retainers are missing, and generally, he talked about the last 3 who were as strong as 100 men.

But it wasn't simply his way of saying "the 3 top strongest"

So, it's all really up to speculation for now. Asura Douji is the only one who's been getting MOST of the hype among them, which is why most put him at 1
Post automatically merged:

I think Kinemon could be as strong as Asura Doji, if not even stronger, if he ever learned how to utilize his DF for combat purposes. as of now, he just uses his powers for parlor tricks and occasionally for utility. But his powers are so under-utilized that I often forget he even has DF abiliities in the first place.

But I can just imagine him using his powers to summon powerful armor.
I certainly think Kinemon was the 2nd strongest during the flashback!
However, I think Oda eluded into the idea that "Kinemon stayed the same" with time travel, while Asura and Inuarashi teased him about him being same level and they had 20 years of getting stronger.

Also, I believe we can see that with small details like, Kinemon clashing with Asura Douji in Flashback when they were training, while, in present time, when Kinemon wanted to convince Asura Douji, he wasn't clashing with him by himself, rather he let that job for Inuarashi, as Inu is someone who is far stronger than the past.

And again, if it wasn't for the 20 years jump, I think Kinemon could have possibily been 2nd or even surpassed Asura based on how important he is among the retainers. It's just, he didn't have 20 years to get stronger. While, Asura and Inu mocked him for it. It's just an opinion though

However, Oda might allow Kinemon to GROW during this upcoming battle, and transcend his level and strength to be that much strong, So he maybe will unlock some shit to reach their level, who knows. But we can all agree that He's sooo important compared to others.

Last edited:
In terms of strength:
Top: Ashura, Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, (Denjiro if alive), Izo. They trained for 20 years, maybe Izo is below the others.
Middle: Kawamatsu. He spend half the time in prison.
Bottom: Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Raizo, Kiku. They time jumped. Kinemon as the de facto leader is probably a little ahead of the rest.

In terms of design:
Top: Nekomamushi, Ashura, Kanjuro. All standout and memorable designs to me.
Middle: Kin'emon, Inuarashi, Kawamatsu, (Denjiro flashback), Izo. Good designs but simply not my preference.
Bottom: Raizo, Kiku. Kiku can jump tiers with her mask and outfits, but Raizo unnerves me to this day.

In terms of characterization:
Top: Kin'emon, Inurashi, Nekomamushi. They've been more than fleshed out and I connected to them.
Middle: Ashura, Kawamatsu, Kiku. They're alright for side characters but don't feel like focal characters just yet.
Bottom: Kanjuro, Raizo, (Denjiro flashback), Izo. A little too much like background characters, a spotlight is needed.