Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I've seen games where this wasn't the case and indies were there also for balance purposes. Specially indies that are not:

1- Game mechanism related
2- SK/Arsonist
3- Survivor

If you have pro town or pro mafia indies it's expected for those roles to fit into the balance of the game ad the Town vs Mafia action exchange abilities.
seems like poorly designed games then

stop,, town always makes their entire point of existence to make some indie win, they're never in the background
the game was missing u pero

Regardless of what he did do, these dynamics of indie circle jerking make playing somewhat insufferable

Especially when the host recycles these roles between the same players

And then doesn't let me kill them no matter how many restrictions I put in my role

Like, the fact that Blue actually won is penultimate deterministic play - he won because host wanted him to win by design. Fuji nerfed my role far too much for "neutral" indies l, because these are party favors more than roles.

Contribute to an overall play environment dictated by sucking off who got the special roles and not thread play. Think that's true I SRM in general but games like these make me not want to play - I think my reads were pretty on point this game but 99% of thread content was circular discussion for 5 players, Indi welfare queening, etc. No threadplay from majority of mafia or town.

The indie secret club acts as the icing on the cake
this

In the convo about indies don't forget that the last mafia members destroyed each other and town could lose because of the early focus only on indies.
It went ok for town because of luck,
Town lost the game because they ultimately lynched the Savage instead of hitting the PoE btw.
That not it. Mafia were not in the Poe and the game was so bastard that we thought we have one scum left max 2 in the game but they were 3. If we knew about that we would rethink the Poe.
Letting the SK alive was a mistake because his shots were going into a Poe who was all town and the majority of shots were suggested by the town read mafiosos at Eod.
The 'savage' SK wasn't town's vig, he was mafia's vig

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Contribute to an overall play environment dictated by sucking off who got the special roles and not thread play. Think that's true I SRM in general but games like these make me not want to play - I think my reads were pretty on point this game but 99% of thread content was circular discussion for 5 players, Indi welfare queening, etc. No threadplay from majority of mafia or town.

The indie secret club acts as the icing on the cake
I think you're implying something nefarious by "Indie Secret Club", but it was really just "hey can this ability work", "yes", "cool I'll have one of those then please". I think your frustration is directed in the wrong place - only 5 people posting isn't the fault of the 5 people posting for example, it's that the games are (imo) too large so half the thread just sleepwalks from one lynch to the next.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
i dont remember but what exactly is stopping them from doing it?
The issue is that once claimed, their actions, specifically their mechanical ones, are going to be under further scrutiny. For a serial to claim day 1 as, I don't know, some sort of Savage, come day 6 they'd need a very good reason as to why they haven't yet won, or why they've started killing consensus townies. They can get by to a certain degree but it's not likely to last the entire game.

I think you're also neglecting to consider that most of the time, these anti-town indies don't need to claim, because they either have kill immunity or investigation immunity, or more often, both. Indies who claim might not have these things, so they have incentive to claim to avoid being caught later.

Status
Not open for further replies.