Versus Battle HxH vs AOT vs FMA brotherhood

Which one is the best ?

• Total voters
What was it that changed with AoT for you? I remember you saying that you didn't like basically anything about it, despite having read what's now over half the series.
It was 7-8 years ago I first give it try and gave up, so I’ll probably not be able to give a great answer.

I think a major part was that I gave up just before it gets really good. It wasn’t until Eren started interacting with Historia that he got really interesting- I gave up just before that. Erwin and Historia carried a big part of that chunk of AoT- I gave up just before they really started to get some limelight. The most interesting plot at the stage I gave up was the Eldians- although we didn’t know that was their name then- and they disappeared for a big part of the plot there, and since it was a monthly series that absence really weighed heavily.

I also don’t think I was reading great quality versions of it. It would have been mangapanda or mangastream back then, and their scans and translations tended towards the shit side. Isayama’s art improved over time, but it was a bit sketchy early on, so combining that poor scans doesn’t make a great reading experience.

I think I also must have binged it too fast the first time without taking it in. I do distinctly remember not caring at all about any of the characters the first time round, so things like the Reiner reveal didn’t strike me hard. This time- perhaps because I already knew the twist so I was paying more attention to seeming side characters like Reiner- I really liked most of the characters. Like Armin, first time around I paid no attmetion to the guy, second time I saw that this guy is actually great.

Except Mikasa, who still bores me, but I can live with one out of the main cast not floating my boat.

Also I think there is just a great leap in quality once the Eldia/Marley conflict is introduced and Isayama starts dwelling on both sides of the conflict and characters like Zeke. If we split AoT into Part 1 and Part 2 with the timeskip, Part 1’s a 6, Part 2’s a 9 or a 10. It’s a surprising and welcome reverse from most manga where the quality actually improves coming up to the end, cause generally the trend is in the other direction.

FMA > AoT > HxH
Could maybe go back to putting Aot as the best later but i'm kinda dissapointed by the ending
As overall work FMA is really the best, it has anything, great plottwist, great worldbuilding, amazing characters, character building, fights, great ending, everything was a masterpiece. AoT was close but the whole last chapters (around 5-15) destroy it to became a masterpiece.
HxH is only behind these since the manga isn´t really finished, if we would take about one arc, I would put cimera arc above all others.

Hmm i never finished FMA so ,

Best story = FMAB , HxH
I'm giving FMAB benefi of doubt for chapters I've read had solid plot.

Best MC = FMAB
None of them are in my top 5 anime /manga MC. But among them i like FMAB MC more than other two.

Best Characters = HxH
Hands down HxH had variety of characters with respect to the vast universe . Even Naruto characters like sasuke was inspired by one of the character from HxH Kurapika. FMA and AoT also have great characters .

Best Anime = HxH
It's my all time favorite anime . Iconic and hands down better than other two.

Beat Villain = HxH
Both HxH and FMA have best villains .

If 3 points , 2 points , 1 point respectively for 1st ,
2nd and 3rd place
So my rank would be ,
1) HxH = 14 Points
2) FMAB = 12 Points
3) AoT = 5 Points

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
HxH>FMAB>AOT.

After the shitty rumbling arc, I can't put AOT above FMAB.

FMAB is a great show, but I personally prefer HxH's fights, power system and story arcs.