I apologise vs I'm sorry

Which is better?

• Total voters
Is there a difference between the two?

Like if someone wronged you in some way, would you prefer to hear them say one of these over the other, or would either be fine?

"I apologize" is more formal. "I'm sorry" is more informal. If you want to make an official statement or put something in writing (e.g. a formal letter or legal document) then you would go for "I apologize". If you are simply talking to another human being then "I'm sorry" would probably be sufficient.

B

Ballel

"I apologize" is more formal. "I'm sorry" is more informal. If you want to make an official statement or put something in writing (e.g. a formal letter or legal document) then you would go for "I apologize". If you are simply talking to another human being then "I'm sorry" would probably be sufficient.
what he said
Post automatically merged:

neither dont apologize/say sorry
Clown

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I always felt like "I apologize" is a bit more casual and "I'm sorry" is something you truly mean.

When you say sorry it has feeling to it , you are showing remorse for the action.

Apologize is more of formal tone , i mostly use it if i screw in my workplace . Its quick way to fix things there is no feeling to it .

Is there a difference between the two?

Like if someone wronged you in some way, would you prefer to hear them say one of these over the other, or would either be fine?
i prefer "I'm sorry"
it feels a bit more genuine and from the heart

"I apologize" just seems less personal and less remorseful if that makes any sense