General & Others I feel like its at least worth considering the Katakuri x Whitebeard narrative

The idea that Katakuri could be Luffy's parallel to Whitebeard was a concept that a few people entertained, but most people laughed off. Over all, the idea had some logic to it:
  • Katakuri has very similar motivations to Whitebeard, to protect his family
  • Katakuri is the only person to fight Luffy to a near draw(other opponents were KO'd outright, in Luffy vs Kata, Luffy actually fell before Kata did).
  • Kata was BM's right hand man, just as WB likely was to Xebec
  • Kata's enormous physique and polearm is reminiscent of WB
But Kata was old, his DF was mediocre, and Kid and Law had better portrayals as rivals.

However, I wonder if this perspective could benefit from a re-analysis, given the current state of the manga. At the moment:
  • Big Mom is out of the picture
  • Katakuri is the de-facto captain of the Big Mom pirates
  • Aokiji invaded tottoland and stole pudding
  • Kid and his crew have already been destroyed, Law is about to be destroyed
I feel like it would make a lot of sense for Katakuri, having new motivations as the new captain of the big mom pirates(now probably the Donut pirates or something) and King of Tottoland, to further train his haki and unlock ACoC, making himself a top tier.

Like I said, his motivation was to protect his family and right now, his little sister is in danger. Furthermore, there is real scope for Kata to awaken ACoC as unlike Kid, for example, Kata is mostly a haki based fighter. Luffy even mentioned it during their fight, its Katakuri's haki that makes him dangerous. Since Kata isn't clueless about haki like Kid and has actually experienced ACoC from Big Mom, he could genuinely train for ryuo and unlock ACoC.

imo if Kata does this, he would instantly surpass Kid and Law as Luffy's potential WB. Katakuri already has an immensely powerful crew, the big mom pirates, with ACoC, he would easily have a yonko tier crew.

Furthermore, I wonder if much how WB recruited Oden from Wano, Katakuri could recruit Yamato. Perhaps this will be something we see in the next cover story. The SH grand fleet arrives at wano, making it to where Yamato no longer needs to stick around to protect the island. Then Katakuri arrives searching for Luffy, does battle with Yamato, and ultimately gets Yamato to join his crew. The two are children of yonko after all.

48 yr old Katakuri

48 yr old WB

:cheers:
Yeah imagine comparing someone gased and can't use haki
To
Wb and Roger

Silly downplay
Post automatically merged:

The idea that Katakuri could be Luffy's parallel to Whitebeard was a concept that a few people entertained, but most people laughed off. Over all, the idea had some logic to it:
  • Katakuri has very similar motivations to Whitebeard, to protect his family
  • Katakuri is the only person to fight Luffy to a near draw(other opponents were KO'd outright, in Luffy vs Kata, Luffy actually fell before Kata did).
  • Kata was BM's right hand man, just as WB likely was to Xebec
  • Kata's enormous physique and polearm is reminiscent of WB
But Kata was old, his DF was mediocre, and Kid and Law had better portrayals as rivals.

However, I wonder if this perspective could benefit from a re-analysis, given the current state of the manga. At the moment:
  • Big Mom is out of the picture
  • Katakuri is the de-facto captain of the Big Mom pirates
  • Aokiji invaded tottoland and stole pudding
  • Kid and his crew have already been destroyed, Law is about to be destroyed
I feel like it would make a lot of sense for Katakuri, having new motivations as the new captain of the big mom pirates(now probably the Donut pirates or something) and King of Tottoland, to further train his haki and unlock ACoC, making himself a top tier.

Like I said, his motivation was to protect his family and right now, his little sister is in danger. Furthermore, there is real scope for Kata to awaken ACoC as unlike Kid, for example, Kata is mostly a haki based fighter. Luffy even mentioned it during their fight, its Katakuri's haki that makes him dangerous. Since Kata isn't clueless about haki like Kid and has actually experienced ACoC from Big Mom, he could genuinely train for ryuo and unlock ACoC.

imo if Kata does this, he would instantly surpass Kid and Law as Luffy's potential WB. Katakuri already has an immensely powerful crew, the big mom pirates, with ACoC, he would easily have a yonko tier crew.

Furthermore, I wonder if much how WB recruited Oden from Wano, Katakuri could recruit Yamato. Perhaps this will be something we see in the next cover story. The SH grand fleet arrives at wano, making it to where Yamato no longer needs to stick around to protect the island. Then Katakuri arrives searching for Luffy, does battle with Yamato, and ultimately gets Yamato to join his crew. The two are children of yonko after all.
He's gonna be at beehive arc & will fight Kuzan

You finally rrealising your hate for Katakuri was stupid
Post automatically merged:

Katakuri is a 48 year old introduced last minute in a fly-by arc. If Kidd wasn't Luffy's Whitebeard, Katakuri definitely isn't.
Except Kid & Law together are Luffy's WB
Katakuri is his WB
Teach his Xebec
Coby his Garp

Was never big into the whole karakuri = luffy's whitebeard stuff but i do think he has alot of potential relevance left in the story

I always liked the idea of big mom's, kaido's, and whitebeard's kid forming an alliance with their remaining forces.
  1. Katakuri leading a faction if nor all the big mom pirates
    • Rest choosing to remain in tottoland or just like their life without fear of big mom
  2. Yamato (and otama(y)) leading the rest of beast pirates
  3. Marco and weevil leading the surviving whitebeard pirates we haven't seen
At the same time i wouldn't mind if it wasn't only an alliance but katakuri was the captain because katakuri is cool lol

:myman:BTW
Yamato never actually lost to Kaido lol
Fight got interrupted when kaido was dominating after mid diff exchange of blows.
She also didn't lose to GB, Momo told her to stand down!

Katakuri also never actually lost a battle till now lol "Luffy won" not with his fists!
Also haven't lost to a top tier yet! When he fights one he'd push them to high diff then Oda interrupts the battle or so.
Even the caesar stuff...He was dominating German in 2v4 easily. And wasn't losing to Oven although his haki is off due to hallucinations.

Oda won't have Yamato and Katakuri lose or be dominated like Marco and King do...pathetically

Can we stop with parallels altogether? There's only very few we can say for certain, Luffy-Roger-Shanks, Zoro-Ryuma (maybe or maybe a bloodline thing for their similarity does that count as a parallel?) and that's about it.

:myman:BTW
Yamato never actually lost to Kaido lol
Fight got interrupted when kaido was dominating after mid diff exchange of blows.
She also didn't lose to GB, Momo told her to stand down!

Katakuri also never actually lost a battle till now lol "Luffy won" not with his fists!
Also haven't lost to a top tier yet! When he fights one he'd push them to high diff then Oda interrupts the battle or so.
Even the caesar stuff...He was dominating German in 2v4 easily. And wasn't losing to Oven although his haki is off due to hallucinations.

Oda won't have Yamato and Katakuri lose or be dominated like Marco and King do...pathetically
So you are disagreeing with oda that luffy won against kata?

Or you havin secret meetings with oda again?

:steef:

:christnally:

Marshall D Teach and Edward Newgate both coming from Edward Thatch, real life Blackbeard
Blackbeard and Whitebeard epithets being mirror images
Blackbeard was Whitebeard’s son
Blackbeard killed Whitebeard
Blackbeard has Whitebeard’s DF
Blackbeard took Whitebeard’s place as a Yonko
Blackbeard arranges his crew in the same way as Whitebeard did
Blackbeard has been Luffy’s rival since long before Kid, Law or Katakuri were even thought of

If you suggest anyone other Blackbeard is Luffy’s equivalent to a Whitebeard figure, then you cannot read.