Speculations I know it's strange

#1
I know it's strange, but Oda won't make 2 long Imu fights in this manga, one during Elbaf, and the other in a future final war arc

It's strange because he is supposed to be the guy behind all the injustices committed by the WG, and the story of One Piece should end with the WG being defeated. And I always thought that Dragon vs Imu deserved to happen. But that is how life is, it won't happen.
Imu ends here

And another strange thing is that we won't see a flashback for him in this arc, because he is from void century and we will only see this flashback in laugh tale
 
Last edited:
#3
I know it's strange, but Oda won't make 2 long Imu fights in this manga, one during Elbaf, and the other in a future final war arc

It's strange because he is supposed to be the guy behind all the injustices committed by the WG, and the story of One Piece should end with the WG being defeated. And I always thought that Dragon vs Imu deserved to happen, but that is how life is. It won't happen
Imu ends here

And another strange thing is that we won't see a flashback for him in this arc, because he is from void century and we will only see this flashback in laugh tale
I think he has to, cause everyone with a deep sea seal and higher would die if Imu dies I think.
Or atleast all those perks that are bestowed upon his knights and the gorosei would likely be gone, if Imu's out of the way.

Thus I doubt Imu's done after Elbaf and it's also the reason why I doubt he gets clapped by BB.

There's a possibility that he ends up being a team effort as a sort of Kaiju fight, similar to the depiction of the setting in the mural.
Who knows what's up with his "full zoan" form in combination with maki's gigantification quirk.
It's one way how Oda would not have to recycle form 1 and form 2 for a future Imu fight atleast.
 
#5
I think he has to, cause everyone with a deep sea seal and higher would die if Imu dies I think.
Or atleast all those perks that are bestowed upon his knights and the gorosei would likely be gone, if Imu's out of the way.

Thus I doubt Imu's done after Elbaf and it's also the reason why I doubt he gets clapped by BB.

There's a possibility that he ends up being a team effort as a sort of Kaiju fight, similar to the depiction of the setting in the mural.
Who knows what's up with his "full zoan" form in combination with maki's gigantification quirk.
It's one way how Oda would not have to recycle form 1 and form 2 for a future Imu fight atleast.
It depends. Some of them die, while others don't.

As for who dies: it's those who should have died of natural causes a long time ago, like Saturn. We know he was over 200 years old because of Emeth's flashback, where we see him climbing the Red Line, and Saturn was already alive at that point.

Others don't die, like Garling, who's around 70 years old.
 
#8
I think Oda can do both. Imu will simply showcase the full extent of his powers in the final war. Right now, Imu's away from the Holy Land and it's mostly introducing us to his forms and abilities. We'll see how the arc ends, but I expect Loki and Luffy get some good hits in before Imu has to leave or gets reverse-summoned thanks to Gunko.

It is unique to see a villain get two arcs as the main villain, especially if they have two extended fights but I think that's what we're getting. We'll get the World Government being more involved in the arcs to come but I think the final war will include Imu as the final villain.
 
#9
The idea that Imu ends in Elbaf will create some awkward narrative implications. Imu is directly tied to the WG, Void Century, the destruction of kingdoms, and the mystery surrounding the world’s current power structure. There are still major unresolved pieces of that story, so eliminating Imu here would require Oda to resolve a huge amount of material in the same arc.
 
#10
I am confident in saying there's a negative 25% chance Imu dies at the end of the arc, it simply wouldn't work. If he dies, the Gorosei, minus Garling, die, and the Holy Knights lose their powers. Also, he assuredly will have a large part in the Void Century flashback, of course, which would be weird to focus on him when he's gone from the story.
 
Top