Theory I think I know the Egghead Incident - UPDATED**

And as much as I'd enjoy Caribou being revealed as a revolutionary (his cover story + the revs are my favorite faction), and two, think he's just gonna be working with Blackbeard (lamest possibility tho imo), the possibility that seems to me to be the most "favorable" with what we currently know, is the whole Mr. 10 Cross Guild theory. Maybe he stumbles across some interesting information (that either few or even no other living beings are privy to, the latter only making sense if all the vegapunks died or if vegapunk dies and had placed some kind of memory block on whatever this info is), important blueprints or special technology. As for other possibilities, he could steal a certain person, be the one to save some important object thought to have been destroyed by the beams raining down on Egghead, have him safely stash away the straw hats that are currently petrified (if they dont get returned to normal while everybody is still on the island) or have him pull a heroic chekov's gunman, especially if Oda is actually insane enough to make him a straw hat.

I'm not saying that's what I think will happen, because I really have no fucking clue, but it's all I can come up with atm.
I agree Caribou working for crocodile makes more sense to me.

Caribou has always been shown to be anti establishment kind of guy. We know crocs has great deal of interest in ancient weapon.

Caribou is likely working for Crocodile. I only have one reason I think this.

How did Caribou get his bounty? Apparently he was a Marine killer.

What does Cross Guild do? Kill marines.

Who had the idea for Cross Guild? Crocodile.

Thematically it fits.
Makes sense and instead of poneglyphs CG target would be AW it would be almost the same because I always had the opinion that LT is at the top of the red line and AW are necessary to destroy it so they would reach the same destiny

I don't remember if last chapter dropped out this week or the previous but didn't you saw that Vegapunk created that weapon that erased Lulusia Kingdom?

@Paperchampion23 theorised he created the POWER SOURCE for the weapon, since we know the Ancient Kingdom was powered by something that doesn't exist in the current era. I kind of liked that.
To me is like Ancient Kingdom technology can only work with that power source they had back then. So Vegapunk is going sideways creating things on his own that doesn't requires that same power source but maybe isn't as effective.