General & Others I understand why One Piece is so good now.

Post Timeskip is as good as Pre TS. It's just that reading on a weekly basis is hell compared to binge reading
As someone who has reread the manga over the past few months: No, that's just nonsense.

Post-skip is just not as enjoyable as pre-skip, not even close.

Interaction between the SHs is way less nowadays, we got only half the crew most of the time and the pacing has been horrendous for long stretches.

It's not "bad" by any means, but comparing it to classics like Jaya, Water 7 or Sabaody makes post-skip really look poor.

It's not "bad" by any means, but comparing it to classics like Jaya,
I don't think Jaya is really the right arc to pick.

Even though I personally like Jaya, I know that a lot of people just felt indifferent to the arc on a whole.

I will say, post time skip, there is a whole bunch more things happening.

Also, I don't think less strawhat interactions is necessarily a weakness of post time skip, when considering that some of the strongest arcs of Pre time skip was just Luffy going out on his own.

I think whats been lacking is that a lot of the charm the series had even in a serious moments is not as prominent as it used to be.

I think thats partially due to Oda's panelling just not being as strong as it once was and also his art not lending itself to comedy or exaggerated gags as well as it used to. The series is a lot more scuffed in terms of its visual aesthetic.

I don't think Jaya is really the right arc to pick.

Even though I personally like Jaya, I know that a lot of people just felt indifferent to the arc on a whole.

I will say, post time skip, there is a whole bunch more things happening.

Also, I don't think less strawhat interactions is necessarily a weakness of post time skip, when considering that some of the strongest arcs of Pre time skip was just Luffy going out on his own.

I think whats been lacking is that a lot of the charm the series had even in a serious moments is not as prominent as it used to be.

I think thats partially due to Oda's panelling just not being as strong as it once was and also his art not lending itself to comedy or exaggerated gags as well as it used to. The series is a lot more scuffed in terms of its visual aesthetic.
One of the biggest problems I forgot to mention is just the amount of repetitiveness we get.

In a series like OP, where each and every arc is structured after the same old blueprint, there comes a time when things get stale and people just don't feel it anymore.

I mean we are almost 1050 chapters in and we all know how Wano will end in general (same way that Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypiea, Enies Lobby, Thriller Barc, Dressrosa etc. ended). Why would anyone feel any thrill? I mean even most of the themes we get these days (Sanji temporarily leaving the crew, bad guys after Nico Robin etc.) are just recycled old themes.

One of the biggest problems I forgot to mention is just the amount of repetitiveness we get.

In a series like OP, where each and every arc is structured after the same old blueprint, there comes a time when things get stale and people just don't feel it anymore.

I mean we are almost 1050 chapters in and we all know how Wano will end in general (same way that Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypiea, Enies Lobby, Thriller Barc, Dressrosa etc. ended). Why would anyone feel any thrill? I mean even most of the themes we get these days (Sanji temporarily leaving the crew, bad guys after Nico Robin etc.) are just recycled old themes.
Bad guys after Nico Robin isnt a theme. It's a reoccurring threat. Some editors of Oda say that Wano will end in a suprising manner

Bad guys after Nico Robin isnt a theme. It's a reoccurring threat. Some editors of Oda say that Wano will end in a suprising manner
It was reestablished as a plot point after being irrelevant for hundreds of chapters. That's just repetitive.
As for the "surprising manner": Come on, how long have you been reading OP now?
It will end the exact same way all those other arcs ended and afterwards sth "surprising" like the marines (with an admiral) showing up or the BB pirates arriving will happen.

It was reestablished as a plot point after being irrelevant for hundreds of chapters. That's just repetitive.
As for the "surprising manner": Come on, how long have you been reading OP now?
It will end the exact same way all those other arcs ended and afterwards sth "surprising" like the marines (with an admiral) showing up or the BB pirates arriving will happen.
We're gonna have to wait. But if you think that Wano, the most important island in One Piece, the one that will open up to other countries, the gateway to the dawn of humanity will have a cookie cutter OP ending, you are sorely mistaken

its not a problem, its a theme.
even arcs themselves mirror each others. that doesn't happen out of laziness. thats planned.
Of course it's planned ... just nor a creative or good plan at all.

Literally every arc is structured the exact same way:

1. Arrive at new island, get split up, meet locals.
2. Learn about some serious problems in the country.
3. Meet the villains for the first time.
4. Have a clear setback and "lose" (in whatever way) to the villains in the first round.
5. Flashback of the countries' hero/heroine and how the villains turned everything bad.
6. Some huge threat for the whole country is revealed (nuke in Alabasta, advent of thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in Enies Lobby, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in Dressrosa etc.)
7. Gathering up together and getting ready for the final round against the villains.
8. Winning their battles and saving the country from the huge threat.
9. Party/Banquet
10. Sailing on to the next island.

Oda has used that same old blueprint almost every single arc for 25+ years now (only slight exception being the stretch from Amazon Lily to Marineford).

Of course people get tired after reading 1050+ chapters of the same old stuff in different clothing again and again.

B

Ballel

Of course it's planned ... just nor a creative or good plan at all.

Literally every arc is structured the exact same way:

1. Arrive at new island, get split up, meet locals.
2. Learn about some serious problems in the country.
3. Meet the villains for the first time.
4. Have a clear setback and "lose" (in whatever way) to the villains in the first round.
5. Flashback of the countries' hero/heroine and how the villains turned everything bad.
6. Some huge threat for the whole country is revealed (nuke in Alabasta, advent of thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in Enies Lobby, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in Dressrosa etc.)
7. Gathering up together and getting ready for the final round against the villains.
8. Winning their battles and saving the country from the huge threat.
9. Party/Banquet
10. Sailing on to the next island.

Oda has used that same old blueprint almost every single arc for 25+ years now (only slight exception being the stretch from Amazon Lily to Marineford).

Of course people get tired after reading 1050+ chapters of the same old stuff in different clothing again and again.
Oda loves the 🤑

For the longest time I avoided One Piece because of the sheer amount of content to get through + I was a little put off by the unique characters styles.

For 2 months I’ve devoted time to watching it because I kept hearing how amazing it is. I figured I just better try it and decide for myself.

I’m on episode 166 now and I fucking love it. Just pure adventure in this show and it makes me feel like I’m going on a journey with them. Not to mention the character styles have grown on me and I love them. Everyone’s relationship together is refreshing and it’s honestly a joy to watch how everyone interacts with each other.

All this to say I was dumb to judge it so harshly before. I’m not even intimidated by the amount of episodes anymore, just glad I get more to watch and I know the adventure won’t stop soon.
How are you already banned? You just started here.
:jinbewat: