Speculations If Aramaki has indeed a blackblade.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Yes, I would say it harms Mihawk, because a swordsman without a black blade is better than Green Bull in fencing, which is Shanks, and Mihawk himself recognizes this when he states that he's expecting someone to surpass Shanks in fencing. This implies that even with a black blade, Green Bull isn't better than Shanks, debunking the assumption that swordsmen with black blades are always better than those without. Not to mention the way Shanks treated Green Bull, adding to the humor.

It would also be a total comedy for a guy with a black blade to fear Kaido and admit inferiority to him.

Regardless of what Green Bull carries on his thin and feeble waist, whether it's a black blade or not, Mihawk and Shanks are above him

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Obviously I’m not a sword fan but here is my honest opinion on one of these questions:

If Aramaki was able to create his own blackblade do you think it will undermine Mihawk ?
I actually think that the more black blade users we meet, the more special Mihawk is. If Mihawk is the only black blade weilder in the world, then to an extent that makes him less special because it’s almost like no one else really cares about the WSS title or top tier swordsmanship in general. Which is a common criticism of Zoro’s character arc.

But introducing other black blade weidlers like Ryokugyu and potentially EOS Shiryu makes Mihawk seem even more impressive, because it actually makes it seem like there’s actual competition for the WSS status instead of Mihawk simply having the title by default which is how it seems now.

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
GB having a Black Blade would not be an L for Mihawk but a huge W for Mihawk because:

1- This would unseat Mihawk's absurd downplay that he is inferior to Admirals or that he is YC1+ lol.

2- It would further strengthen Mihawk's power, since there are other Top Tiers that have Black Blades and yet Mihawk is considered the strongest, so Mihawk is really at the top.

3- It would be another confirmation that in One Piece, Top Tiers characters are mostly swordsmen, and that swordsmanship skill is the strongest skill in the series.

if black blades are « just » a COA feat, this doesn’t change anything. It would just mean Aramaki has top level COA. (Which combined with his powerful logia is how he compete with top tiers if he doesn’t have COC)
It’s mostly problematic for those who use Mihawk’s black blade to wank him above Roger/Primebeard because Aramaki ain’t even the strongest guy in the marine.