Character Discussion If Zoro didn’t exist would Mihawk have any fans?

Everything you said is completely false.

Every admiral has more showings and better feats than Mihawk except GB and arguably Kizaru.
Aokiji shits on him as a character and Akainu is easily better.

Luffy antagonists? Are you crazy? Doflamingo, Rob Lucci, Crocodile? I can keep going. Mihawk hasn’t done anything character wise.

I won’t name the warlords because half of them are Luffy antagonists.
I said mihawk was a more likable character than everyone I mentioned. I didn't say anything about feats because that would be stupid talking about someone who's shown almost nothing.

Mihawk is a more likable character than (as I've already said) akainu, aokiji, kizaru, gb, doflamingo, lucci, crocodile, the other warlords except for jinbe and debatably law. I can keep going, there are so many more characters that are less likable than mihawk. Everyone you mentioned has been portrayed as a total piece of shit, the old admirals have the most boring character designs imaginable, I don't give a shit how strong they might be, mihawk is a far more likeable character even without zoro wanting to surpass him.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Barely. He doesn’t have any phenomenal moments in the series, he barely has two cool moments. Take out Zoro and he’s a little better than scooper Gabon
Eh, people like @Den_Den_Mushi, @wordy, cyka, etc. are primarily Mihawk fans who like him independently of Zoro.

Like these people definitely exist.

It's just that the Zoro fanbase is so large that most people shilling Mihawk are Zoro fans, but Mihawk does in fact have an independent fanbase.

Thats the problem here. You only address scenes 10 & 20 years after the start of the series.

Back in the day there was no dick measuring about who is the strongest character.
Every early fan of OP is still on because of Shanks,Mihawk,Zoro,Luffy.
I don’t know what you’re talking about I am an early fan. Zoro and Luffy are my favorite characters so idk what your getting at.
Post automatically merged:

I said mihawk was a more likable character than everyone I mentioned. I didn't say anything about feats because that would be stupid talking about someone who's shown almost nothing.

Mihawk is a more likable character than (as I've already said) akainu, aokiji, kizaru, gb, doflamingo, lucci, crocodile, the other warlords except for jinbe and debatably law. I can keep going, there are so many more characters that are less likable than mihawk. Everyone you mentioned has been portrayed as a total piece of shit, the old admirals have the most boring character designs imaginable, I don't give a shit how strong they might be, mihawk is a far more likeable character even without zoro wanting to surpass him.
Every character I mentioned has more character than Mihawk. Mihawk hasn’t had any development.

His overall popularity would be lower but Mihawk still has real fans, like for me I don't like Mihawk because he is connected to Zoro, you can blame it on Oda that he creates Zoro's opponents likeable (not all of them). There are many who don't like Cabaji, Pica, Kaku, Hyouzo, Hachi etc. King and Mihawk are sort of the exceptions in my opinion.

Why do I like Mihawk, seems a badass, anybody who like fighting is sort of already drawn towards that guy. He went from a little kid with a katana to become the WSS/WGS just be dueling beating opponents. He is the wielder of Yoru which he forged (probably like Ryuma through his history of battles) a feat not accomplished by even the PK. The guy can destroy fleets if you disturb his naps, he is only interested in finding a worthy opponent now. He goes all around the world on his single boat/raft and walks up to and disrespects a Yonko to his face in front of his crew.

But being the end goal of the 2nd MC he still has quite a mysterious air around him.

Did I mention the dope design?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Tell me about his history and existence, I’m very curious.
I can't tell you much about his youth and only things we got to know.

From his kiddo image you can tell he was interested in swordsmanship since a child.

He became famous during Roger's Era, earn himself a title of the World's Strongest and Marine Hunter and his duels with Shanks were famous among the seas.

He doesn't exist for Zoro.

If Zoro doesn't exist
Mihawk won't even exist in the fire place lmaooo
That's the sole purpose of him.......

This is isn't to slander him however....
If one piece is just a story purely on Luffy journey and all his nakama being just a standard follower without each one of them having their own dreams and goal, it could make the story less interesting and boring in the long run. That's why Oda make each of crewmember them have their own unique ambition for story versatility and longer run..........thus more money
:optimistic:

Nah if Zoro didn't exist Mihawk would still have stans because of Mihawk vs Shanks.

Shanks is a character who is designed to be popular, so people would stan Mihawk and preach Mihawk > Shanks simply as a fuck you to a character we're 'supposed' to love. Everybody loves an underdog.

Otherwise, Mihawk has a great design and has a real shot of being #1 in the verse rn. People love strength so Mihawk being one of the first top-tiers ever introduced in the manga is enough to give him a dedicated fan base.

Not to mention his comedic scenes with Buggy which lets him/Crocodile play the straight man to Buggy's goofy character - it's a comedic writing style that's existed forever and it's proven to work. The more Mihawk interacts with Buggy, the more his popularity will increase.

Finally, Buggy hinted at a possibility of us finding more about Mihawk's past when he asked Mihawk/Crocodile what they wanted to be. So we've got potential for a deeper dive into the character which will again, increase his popularity.

Nope.

It's only Ztards that let Mihawk spunk in them due to the fact he's going to he Zolo's EoS fight.
Post automatically merged:

Nah if Zoro didn't exist Mihawk would still have stans because of Mihawk vs Shanks.

Shanks is a character who is designed to be popular, so people would stan Mihawk and preach Mihawk > Shanks simply as a fuck you to a character we're 'supposed' to love. Everybody loves an underdog.

Otherwise, Mihawk has a great design and has a real shot of being #1 in the verse rn. People love strength so Mihawk being one of the first top-tiers ever introduced in the manga is enough to give him a dedicated fan base.

Not to mention his comedic scenes with Buggy which lets him/Crocodile play the straight man to Buggy's goofy character - it's a comedic writing style that's existed forever and it's proven to work. The more Mihawk interacts with Buggy, the more his popularity will increase.

Finally, Buggy hinted at a possibility of us finding more about Mihawk's past when he asked Mihawk/Crocodile what they wanted to be. So we've got potential for a deeper dive into the character which will again, increase his popularity.
Great logic but people only care about Mihawk and Shanks because they think it equates to Zoro and Luffy.