Character Discussion If Zoro's role in Wano was already ended, would you be satisfied?

If Zoro's role in Wano was already ended, would you satisfy?

• Total voters
Oda has been hyped Zoro so far with many great feats. However, somehow it still feels unfinished due to several reasons:

- Zoro Asura moment is mid-chapter and overwhelmed by Luffy panels in the same chapter
- Kaido hasn't acknowledged Zoro as samurai on par with Oden yet
- Zoro became saint babysitter, carrying Luffy around and not focus on fighting

While many people think Zoro is done for Kaido and he might fight King or Orochi. For me, these scenarios are very underwhelmed. It would make logical sense if these situations happened before the rooftop.

So, I create a poll what is the minimum situation that would make you satisfy with Zoro.

Wano arc for Zoro like most SH's still requires and is oozing "Closure" once that has been accomplished then yes and will fiddle with playing the support role or comedy gags.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I would not be particularly satisfied at all, his feats on the rooftop notwithstanding.

Astonishingly satisfied for his overall display of prowess, but on the other flip of the medal not really finding the pattern with the storyplot enthusing, since it led to the direction of Zoro being the presumable man to end Kaido, on top of Kaido's words regarding perfection and death, very specific ones.

Oda has been hyped Zoro so far with many great feats. However, somehow it still feels unfinished due to several reasons:

- Zoro Asura moment is mid-chapter and overwhelmed by Luffy panels in the same chapter
- Kaido hasn't acknowledged Zoro as samurai on par with Oden yet
- Zoro became saint babysitter, carrying Luffy around and not focus on fighting

While many people think Zoro is done for Kaido and he might fight King or Orochi. For me, these scenarios are very underwhelmed. It would make logical sense if these situations happened before the rooftop.

So, I create a poll what is the minimum situation that would make you satisfy with Zoro.
^ I can't rlly add anything because you took the words out of my mouth. They gave us good feats to wank him in power scaling but for him in the OP verse it is very bad.

No because he didn't defeat any worthy opponent. Sure he did a very good job on the rooftop and the only one with Luffy dealing damage on Kaido but he now needs a 1v1.

I'm sure Oda will go with a gag thing like those bandages and the rest was enough to make him recover for a bit. He fights, defeats his opponents and then falls again and his broken bones are broken again.

Anyway it's good that he is paired with Sanji because King and Queen are also close to each other which means we might have Luffy's top 2 commander against Kaido's ones. Hype

not already ended but not that shine again, time for sanji
Sanji needs some Oda love for real for real
Post automatically merged:

No because he didn't defeat any worthy opponent. Sure he did a very good job on the rooftop and the only one with Luffy dealing damage on Kaido but he now needs a 1v1.

I'm sure Oda will go with a gag thing like those bandages and the rest was enough to make him recover for a bit. He fights, defeats his opponents and then falls again and his broken bones are broken again.

Anyway it's good that he is paired with Sanji because King and Queen are also close to each other which means we might have Luffy's top 2 commander against Kaido's ones. Hype
IMO the chance of zoro not doing anything after this is near zero. Reasons being.
1) We have seen how trashed up the nine scabbards and Jack were, and they are pretty much back 80%+ health and fighting by now.
2) Literally in no major battle would a main character gets so much bandaged up (while being conscious) while the war is going on. This healing part always takes place after the end of a war. It is very clear that Oda is using the bandage (even though it is kind of lame) excuse to justifiy zoro able to heal up (50%+) and give him another legit fight.

Last edited:
At best he might have interesting plot points with Hiyouri and Orochi since the scabbards don't care for him anymore which leaves Hiyouri

No way Zoro gets healed up from such an injury to be able to fight Kaido again or to have a full on fight vs King. Then again its possible since Zoro is like the Erza of One piece

At best he might have interesting plot points with Hiyouri and Orochi since the scabbards don't care for him anymore which leaves Hiyouri

No way Zoro gets healed up from such an injury to be able to fight Kaido again or to have a full on fight vs King. Then again its possible since Zoro is like the Erza of One piece
Yep. Oda one one hand doesn't want to make hakai (arguably the most powerful attack in OP we have seen so far) a joke with a full health zoro up and running like it was nothing. But Zoro being one of both Oda and fans' favorite, Oda needs him for more actions. Thats why i feel like he intentionally made zoro bandaged so ridiculously inside a cross, to provide us with the impression that there is a lot of healing going on for Zoro.

It doesn't make much sense for it to be the end of Zoro's involvement in this arc.
It makes even less sense for Zoro to contribute to Orochi's death when Orochi only has 1 head left and the sword Ame-no-Habakiri (the snake-slayer) exists...

Additionally, what was the point of introducing Enma only for it to be absolutely inconsequential in this arc? Sure, it got a few mentions on the rooftop, but even in Zoro's last moment against Kaido, it didn't matter at all. Kaido doesn't bother to talk about it either.
To the "Oden's haki" people, why is Oden's haki so irrelevant? You would imagine Oden's haki to do a lot more, but all it can do is scar Kaido again but in a more underwhelming manner?

A king fight could happen, but narratively, I can't see how it would be relevant at all given what we know so far.
How does this help Zoro round up the samurai? Are the samurai going to gather for Momonosuke their leader, Luffy the man who defeats Kaido, and/or Zoro the man who defeats one of Kaido's subordinates?
How does this help Zoro avenge Yasu? The man who Yasu even suggests should be killed is Kaido, King is irrelevant in this discussion.
How does this help expand Enma? The sword is naturally connected with Kaido, not King.

One thing I've noticed is that people are completely fine with the idea of Orochi being killed through Habakiri, but Enma, the sword which cuts through the depths of hell, killing Kaido, the man described as having the presence of hell, is completely unacceptable?
There's this idea that the Marines are going to show up and capture Kaido and/or Orochi, but each time the Marines decide to arrest the main villain of an arc, they're involved in the arc right away. It took them 3-5 chapters to get involved in Alabasta and Dressrosa.

There's a reason why there are so many panels talking about striking down Kaido and Orochi, about them dying, about their heads being taken, Orochi having gotten beheaded 7 times already. It doesn't make sense for it to be irrelevant in the end. You don't emphasise something that many times just to "forget" about it.

Another thing I've noticed is that when people try and connect Kaido to tales. They focus so much on his Oni aspect and almost completely ignore the fact that he's a dragon. It's always Oni v Oni where Luffy and Kaido are Onis.
But Kaido being a Dragon is completely ignored. If Kaido being a dragon was irrelevant, Oda would have simply made him an Oni and not a dragon.

If all Zoro does for the rest of the arc is sleep and then talk to Ryuma's grave, I would think it would be underwhelming for Zoro. But I would just have 0 expectations for him going forward, the same for Usopp in Elbaf.

TLDR:
  • Zoro isn't going to kill Orochi because Habakiri exists.
  • Why is Enma so unimportant so far?
  • How is Zoro going to round up the Samurai of Wano?
  • How is Zoro going to Avenge Yasu?
  • Why is Habakiri killing Orochi fine but Enma killing Kaido isn't?
  • Kaido and Orochi will die.
  • Why is Kaido being a Dragon completely forgotten?

Last edited:
not satisfied, a 1v1 fight against king or queen would've been better than the rooftop
idk why oda made him say that he's gonna slice kaido to pieces when he clearly can't do that, zoro already came out empty handed after he promised to round up the samurai
zoro should be out for now until oda gets his shit together and stop trolling us

I wouldn't be satisfied at all bro, but I think ZKK is already hopeless. At this rate, he will be lucky to fight king or he just settles with orochi lmao. Zoro got his 15 seconds but its luffy's turn the rest of the way.

OP is turning into a one man show for Luffy :josad:

It doesn't make much sense for it to be the end of Zoro's involvement in this arc.
It makes even less sense for Zoro to contribute to Orochi's death when Orochi only has 1 head left and the sword Ame-no-Habakiri (the snake-slayer) exists...

Additionally, what was the point of introducing Enma only for it to be absolutely inconsequential in this arc? Sure, it got a few mentions on the rooftop, but even in Zoro's last moment against Kaido, it didn't matter at all. Kaido doesn't bother to talk about it either.
To the "Oden's haki" people, why is Oden's haki so irrelevant? You would imagine Oden's haki to do a lot more, but all it can do is scar Kaido again but in a more underwhelming manner?

A king fight could happen, but narratively, I can't see how it would be relevant at all given what we know so far.
How does this help Zoro round up the samurai? Are the samurai going to gather for Momonosuke their leader, Luffy the man who defeats Kaido, and/or Zoro the man who defeats one of Kaido's subordinates?
How does this help Zoro avenge Yasu? The man who Yasu even suggests should be killed is Kaido, King is irrelevant in this discussion.
How does this help expand Enma? The sword is naturally connected with Kaido, not King.

One thing I've noticed is that people are completely fine with the idea of Orochi being killed through Habakiri, but Enma, the sword which cuts through the depths of hell, killing Kaido, the man described as having the presence of hell, is completely unacceptable?
There's this idea that the Marines are going to show up and capture Kaido and/or Orochi, but each time the Marines decide to arrest the main villain of an arc, they're involved in the arc right away. It took them 3-5 chapters to get involved in Alabasta and Dressrosa.

There's a reason why there are so many panels talking about striking down Kaido and Orochi, about them dying, about their heads being taken, Orochi having gotten beheaded 7 times already. It doesn't make sense for it to be irrelevant in the end. You don't emphasise something that many times just to "forget" about it.

Another thing I've noticed is that when people try and connect Kaido to tales. They focus so much on his Oni aspect and almost completely ignore the fact that he's a dragon. It's always Oni v Oni where Luffy and Kaido are Onis.
But Kaido being a Dragon is completely ignored. If Kaido being a dragon was irrelevant, Oda would have simply made him an Oni and not a dragon.

If all Zoro does for the rest of the arc is sleep and then talk to Ryuma's grave, I would think it would be underwhelming for Zoro. But I would just have 0 expectations for him going forward, the same for Usopp in Elbaf.

TLDR:
  • Zoro isn't going to kill Orochi because Habakiri exists.
  • Why is Enma so unimportant so far?
  • How is Zoro going to round up the Samurai of Wano?
  • How is Zoro going to Avenge Yasu?
  • Why is Habakiri killing Orochi fine but Enma killing Kaido isn't?
  • Kaido and Orochi will die.
  • Why is Kaido being a Dragon completely forgotten?
Couldn't agree more with what you said.