Improved Voting Mechanic For Mafia(or in general)

Current Poll system only allows for 1 poll per thread, unless you are a moderator.

So I am proposing either:

A. A Temporary Role for Hosts to have the ability to create/delete more than 1 poll per thread (like Spoilers Discussion is... etc)

B. Use a new voting system for it all together

I understand this is more of a QoL suggested feature but it would be useful, given I have seen hosts have difficulty.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Current Poll system only allows for 1 poll per thread, unless you are a moderator.

So I am proposing either:

A. A Temporary Role for Hosts to have the ability to create/delete more than 1 poll per thread (like Spoilers Discussion is... etc)

B. Use a new voting system for it all together

I understand this is more of a QoL suggested feature but it would be useful, given I have seen hosts have difficulty.

poll voting isnt very intuitive when it comes to vote tracking, so unless an automated system like MU can be integrated into the forums, the good ol vote count is healthier imo

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Voting via poll is absolutely great, it should be used additionally to making manual vote track counts.

It is used on some mafia forums with success.

Searching for votes is also great but then hosts and players have to reach a consensus about the voting format.
So you either search for something players would not write in in-game texts.
Like "[vote..." or maybe "vote:..."
Post automatically merged:

Since we have a user group for threadmarks now, is it possible to have poll resets/delete an option for that user group? @Pantheos @Bogard

It would be the least effort to realize if thats the case I guess.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
voting has never had any issues tbh

especially if you just vote the traditional way VOTE LYNCH PLAYERNAME & a simple ISO on the thread takes like 2 mins.

don’t even think I’ve seen a host complain about this in like 7 years.

thread should just be closed cause WG would never get a mechanic like this. MU is the only real forum tht even does this tbh.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
MU is the only real forum tht even does this tbh.
nah, other forums like TS do it too
and recently alot of hosts struggle with giving vote counts
it's not about gathering the votes for a final vote count, it's about the host babysitting the game and giving vote counts which is additional work...

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
nah, other forums like TS do it too
and recently alot of hosts struggle with giving vote counts
it's not about gathering the votes for a final vote count, it's about the host babysitting the game and giving vote counts which is additional work...
like I said there’s never been a real issue in over 7years that I’ve been playing. no the host doesn’t even have to babysit and I’ve already stated said ways before. some host are more laxed where they don’t care how someone votes so that’ll make it harder on themselves opposed to just enforcing a specific voting format. Hence it was enforced my most host to make it as simple and easy as possible. I personally don’t vote any other way than: [VOTE LYNCH REJ]

& no some host are just busier to give a vc but players do it on the reg to help host & that’s why if a host ever needs help they could actually get a cohost or partner to just help with that one aspect…

Really I don’t see why this is an issue or a main issue that has to have its own thread the. Threadmarks took over 2Y to get added I highly doubt they would implement something like this that actually is a lot more mechanical to add to the server overall.

like I said there’s never been a real issue in over 7years that I’ve been playing. no the host doesn’t even have to babysit and I’ve already stated said ways before. some host are more laxed where they don’t care how someone votes so that’ll make it harder on themselves opposed to just enforcing a specific voting format. Hence it was enforced my most host to make it as simple and easy as possible. I personally don’t vote any other way than: [VOTE LYNCH REJ]

& no some host are just busier to give a vc but players do it on the reg to help host & that’s why if a host ever needs help they could actually get a cohost or partner to just help with that one aspect…

Really I don’t see why this is an issue or a main issue that has to have its own thread the. Threadmarks took over 2Y to get added I highly doubt they would implement something like this that actually is a lot more mechanical to add to the server overall.
So because this cant be added today, it should not be added at all?

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
Ye my point is that this is a fucking stupid reason

It wouldnt take 2 years to change permissions for deleting/reuploading polls
you’re obviously a joke man cause you misinterpreted everything I even said and cant even understand sarcasm….

I’ll just stop responding to you here cause you lack proper reading comprehension.

voting has never had any issues tbh

especially if you just vote the traditional way VOTE LYNCH PLAYERNAME & a simple ISO on the thread takes like 2 mins.

don’t even think I’ve seen a host complain about this in like 7 years.

thread should just be closed cause WG would never get a mechanic like this. MU is the only real forum tht even does this tbh.
You say this as if ISO's on this website aren't horrid as well.