Future Events Imu Cutting Posters isn't that simple

Do you know about ancient egypt Eye Gods' lore? I think it fits perfectly to One Piece.

Nika is Ra. Blackbeard is Thoth

Neon Genesis Evangelion uses this symbolism for Asuka and Rei.

Both got an eyepatch and the uncovered eye corresponds to their character symbolism.

Asuka (Sun)

Rei (Moon)

I think we should make a list.

Could you help me?

Which One characters have eye scars?

There are so many.

Do the eyes allign with Sun/Moon references?

Last edited:
I think there is a lot of meaning in the eye symbolism.

A small list of One Piece Characters with eye scars:

Both eyes (Delphi's Oracle):

Fujitora

Eye of Ra (Sun):

Luffy

Dragon, Ryuma, Zoro, Shanks, Sabo, Pedro, Dragon Nekomamushi, Kid, Garp, X-Drake...

Eye of Thoth (Moon)

Blackbeard, Akainu, Craker, Smoker, Shiryu, Burgess, Van Auger?

ILLUMINATI ODA GREATNESS!

Last edited:
@Erkan12 i believe in the shintoism parallels.
If Luffy is Amaterasu and Teach is Tsukuyomi, then Imu (umi, umibozu) is Susanoo (god of the sea).
According to Oda, the sea hates the devil fruits and thats why df can't swim. We know, after vegapunk, that the akuma no mi represents peoples dream. Dream is a core theme of Luffy and Teach. Teach is more concerned about find the right fruits than anything else. Teach biggest enemy is Imu, his dream is take his place. So Teach as final villain is even more plausible after this disocvery about the shintoism gods
Post automatically merged:

If Luffy is Amaterasu and Teach is Tsukuyomi is Teach, then Imu (umi, umibozu) is Susanoo (god of the sea).
According to Oda, the sea hates the devil fruits and thats why df can't swim. We know, after vegapunk, that the akuma no mi represents peoples dream. Dream is a core theme of Luffy and Teach. Teach is more concerned about find the right fruits than anything else. Teach biggest enemy is Imu, his dream is take his place. So Teach as final villain is even more plausible after this disocvery about the shintoism gods
@Kizaruber Eats if Erkan thread is right (and its probably right), then Imu represents Susanoo (god of the sea). Sea hates the devil fruits, so my ultimate theory is even more plausible

Last edited:
I think we should make a list.

Could you help me?

Which One characters have eye scars?

There are so many.

Do the eyes allign with Sun/Moon references?
Left:
Pedro, Shanks, Luffy, Garp, Zolo, Sabo, Beckman, Kid, Dragon has a left eye tattoo, Red hair pirates jolly roger, Post-TS Bellamy, PostTS Magellan, Jinbe, Neko, Sentomaru, Urouge, Weevil.

Right:
Rayleigh, PostTS Akainu, Smoker, Daz Bones, Guernica, Cracker, Izo, PreTS Bellamy, Burgess, Auge right eye covered.

Great thread. Would be cool if Teach loses his eye and gets an eye patch after his fight against Shanks.
Interesting connections. And people keep thinking that Imu will be final villain. Given Imu's obsession with Nika, they are certainly going to be taken out by Teach when he strolls right into throne room. Another thought but maybe it's possible that if Shanks leave his mark on Teach during their battle but Teach will take Luffy's left eye during their fated battle.
Maybe while fighting Imu or Five Planets they will lose their eyes.

If Luffy is Amaterasu and Teach is Tsukuyomi is Teach, then Imu (umi, umibozu) is Susanoo (god of the sea).
Post automatically merged:

@Kizaruber Eats if Erkan thread is right (and its probably right), then Imu represents Susanoo (god of the sea). Sea hates the devil fruits, so my ultimate theory is even more plausible
Shirahoshi/Poseidon could be Susanoo, 3 siblings; Sun Goddess (Amaterasu), Moon God (Tsukuyomi), Sea God (Susanoo). That could be why Imu was also interested in Shirahoshi as well not only Luffy and Teach.

Last edited:
I like this theory a lot.

Hoping Shanks is the one to scar Blackbeard's eye, to continue the bad blood between them.

Not many characters are actually on the level to scar Blackbeard at this point. Hmmmmm. Garling????
Candidates: Shanks, Imu, Five Planets, Garling.

So far Teach barely has any scar despite having multiple important battles, Oda is saving that for another big battle.