Character Discussion In celebration of our captain Luffy, what are your favorite moments of him?

So many to count, but here are some of mine:

-Luffy giving his hat to Nami -Luffy ringing the bell in Skypiea -Luffy not being able to decide between a beetle and the One Piece -Luffy predicting a bad future in Udon -Luffy screaming Robin after him defeating Blueno -Gear 2nd -Luffy crying after the duel with Usopp -Luffy screaming that he is Ace’s brother 192.168.0.1 router login

Last edited:
S

Sasaki Kojirō

When he shouted to everyone "Get down I'm going to beat Kaidou".
2 chapters later he was being thrown to death by drowning in the tide in Wano after being defeated.

During his return in 1026 or 1032 he shouted to everyone "I will definitely beat Kaidou"
After that in 1042 he was actually killed.

LMAO Jokes aside, there are several memorable Luffy moments

Pretty underrated because many people didn't like the ending for themselves but Kaido asking Luffy what kind of a world does he want and Luffy answering that he wants a world where his friends can eat their full is one of the greatest moments in the manga. Why?

Kaido directly\indirectly starved Wano for 20 years. His weapon factories polluted the water, there was little to no vegetation. Tama sacrificed her food to feed Luffy and drank the poisonous water to quench thirst. The way Beast Pirates and Orochi treated the people of Wano is absurd. They made them starve.
They also gluttoned themselves which already made Luffy angry when the raid was about to start. The entire population was forced to do slavery.

What did we see in a short flashback for Kaido? He himself fought for his people for food. He had to starve and had to be caught by Marines to feed himself. He even made his own child starve. This exclamation of Luffy shocked Kaido because Kaido himself had similar hardship when he was a Kid and he made others suffer even more than himself.

I chose this because other moments have already been posted by others.

Pretty underrated because many people didn't like the ending for themselves but Kaido asking Luffy what kind of a world does he want and Luffy answering that he wants a world where his friends can eat their full is one of the greatest moments in the manga. Why?

Kaido directly\indirectly starved Wano for 20 years. His weapon factories polluted the water, there was little to no vegetation. Tama sacrificed her food to feed Luffy and drank the poisonous water to quench thirst. The way Beast Pirates and Orochi treated the people of Wano is absurd. They made them starve.
They also gluttoned themselves which already made Luffy angry when the raid was about to start. The entire population was forced to do slavery.

What did we see in a short flashback for Kaido? He himself fought for his people for food. He had to starve and had to be caught by Marines to feed himself. He even made his own child starve. This exclamation of Luffy shocked Kaido because Kaido himself had similar hardship when he was a Kid and he made others suffer even more than himself.

Although I wanted ZKK, I really enjoyed how Kaido was defeated. I know people hated how Kaido and Luffy became frenemies, but it was like two legends respecting and acknowledging each others presences as Monoliths.

Kaido as the solo strongest and Luffy as the Joyboy.

Some nice observation posts different from your 'GODFY TOP 1' spam. :cheers:
Post these types of positive posts on Luffy. Kudos. :kata:

Although I wanted ZKK, I really enjoyed how Kaido was defeated. I know people hated how Kaido and Luffy became frenemies, but it was like two legends respecting and acknowledging each others presences as Monoliths.

Kaido as the solo strongest and Luffy as the Joyboy.
The way Kaido was built: Defeated only 7 times, captured by the marines and they tried to execute him by various means yet failing, billed as the World's strongest Creature, Even WB stopped Ace from trying to exact revenge for Oden because he knows there will be mass casualties, Greenbull saying he'd never have come to Wano if Kaido was still ruling, Kaido not hesitating to go to a war with Big Mom just because she was about to enter Wano, jumping from a sky island and not even getting knocked out, Wanting the greatest war in the world, wanting to overthrow the WG..

All these and other reasons doesn't make sense for Zoro to kill him. People may think Zoro as the greatest but the manga clearly doesn't. Zoro's dream of being the WSS by beating Mihawk feels inferior to his feat of killing Kaido. Just think about the repercussions it has for the story.
Also the scenario of Zoro giving Kaido the finishing blow after Luffy beats doesn't sound plausible.
Zoro , who was heavily injured after beating King with the added the aftereffects of the mink medicine after battling during the entire raid, suddenly hving enough power to kill him when the Navy couldnt doesn't sound in line with whatever has happened in the manga until now.
Heck, Oden dying laughing in the oil vs Kaido( if Oda has indeed killed him) having a very gloomy face in the lava is poetic karma. He wanted to go out like WB but he went out without anyone looking. Thats storytelling.
Post automatically merged:

Some nice observation posts different from your 'GODFY TOP 1' spam. :cheers:
Post these types of positive posts on Luffy. Kudos. :kata:
GODfy top one is just a skit kind of thing me and the boys are having fun with. I have a lot of posts like this inside my mind but when I started here nobody would read it properly and would instead go with their calling me a condomtard\luffytard\rubbertard,etc without any reason. That is why I started trolling and giving them back similarly however encouragement such as your will make me show this side more. :cheers: