Character Discussion In order to achieve your dreams you must sacrifice, then what did Luffy sacrifice ?

What did Luffy exactly sacrifice in his way to his dream ? Nothing, he sacrificed nothing.
Roger had to sacrifice his pride to get Oden and then his life.
Luffy is always handed victories and whoever he needs in his path including Robin and future high top tiers like Zoro and Yamato and multiple high high tiers EOS like Sanji Usopp and Jinbe, while he never suffers broken bones or mf lasting injuries because he instantly heals with meat and looping pirate Ling cringe.

There is plenty of criticism to make about Luffy, this is not one of them. He lost Ace, he lost his crew in Sabaody and couldn't do shit about it, he lost a few years of his life using G2 to save Robin back when G2 had side effects, he sacrificed a few years in Impel Down to save Ace who didn't give a shit about it.

So basically you can go clone yourself to have some fun activities, Luffy might be weak but he made some sacrifices on his way up

Last edited:
Luffy fans are hardly better, but they get away with everything because they have the ultimate main character card at their disposal.
I have to disagree, most Luffy fans I have come across are willing to listen to different viewpoint dispite the story being centered around Luffy for the most part. I have seen many Luffy fans accept Zkk as a valid theory. But astronomical amount of Zoro fans trash Luffy without any valid reason.

B

Ballel

I have to disagree, most Luffy fans I have come across are willing to listen to different viewpoint dispite the story being centered around Luffy for the most part. I have seen many Luffy fans accept Zkk as a valid theory. But astronomical amount of Zoro fans trash Luffy without any valid reason.
I don't like that 'condom' shit either. I guess Zoro fans are overrepresented on this site and Luffy fans are underrepresented.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
That is the beauty of Luffy fandom. Be it wanking Luffy or downplaying the anti-Luffy characters(mostly Zoro), they do it in such a convincing and tactical manner that it's impossible for normal fans to see through their strategies. Meanwhile, Zoro fandom is mostly filled with childish nerds who're only good at screaming "condom" at the top of their voice.

P.S. I belong to both groups in a way or another because I belong to Luffy fandom and I also defend Zoro a lot. So I can kinda see things from both sides.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Luffy had to see his brother die in order to realize his weakness.

He’s had to sacrifice allies for a larger cause, such as Pedro.

He’s had to lose some of his lifespan in order to grow stronger for his friends.

He’s even sacrificed his pride to save the lives of what were total strangers to him, not even his own Nakama. Bowing to Hancock so that she’d un-petrify Margaret and her friends.

And he has had to suffer a lot of physical torture to make it to where he is.

See below.

Last edited: