News Interview One Piece animation supervisor

Anime is what? 1 year behind manga right? So they don't need at all to know what will happen in the future. So is all bullshit that theory that animation directors knows about a bigger villain than Kaido. If he knew what would happen in the future he would never change Kaido speedblitzing Luffy.

You should know that an anime episode takes about 3 to 4 months to be made for any anime adaptation of manga, not only One Piece. It's possible to make 1 episode in 1 month, but it clearly takes almost the health of a production team.

In the anime world, most of the young animators (in terms of seniority in the profession) are very badly paid and have to almost sacrifice their health to continue.

Anime is what? 1 year behind manga right? So they don't need at all to know what will happen in the future. So is all bullshit that theory that animation directors knows about a bigger villain than Kaido. If he knew what would happen in the future he would never change Kaido speedblitzing Luffy.
Oda doesn't even know what'll happen in the future past a month or two. They know the broadstrokes. I mean, surely you know how sequential media works, right?

And bro, Kaido speedblizting Luffy or not really isn't important to anyone but you weirdos.

How they doesnt know when they adapts the chapter :nicagesmile:
What?
Post automatically merged:

Oda doesn't even know what'll happen in the future past a month or two. They know the broadstrokes. I mean, surely you know how sequential media works, right?

And bro, Kaido speedblizting Luffy or not really isn't important to anyone but you weirdos.
Agree about that Oda part.

How the fuck Kaido speedblitzing Luffy is not important? Have you read fucking chapter 1001? It will no longer make sense. And Kaido is doing that speedblitzing thing more times. Yamato too.

It took that long just to animate one episode?
Yes.
For the anecdote, the budget spent for the opening of an anime (usually the first one) is quite low compared to the budget invested in an episode.
An anime opening at the beginning of an anime adptation is decided at the last moment and the budget that is invested in it are the "leftovers" of the budget that was not invested in the episode. That's why in general, an opening appears in an anime around episode 2 or 3, simply because it was not finished earlier.

Anime episodes with 3D animation are less expensive than 2D episodes (making an episode in 3D takes less budget and is an economical method for the studio, more and more used).

Yes.
For the anecdote, the budget spent for the opening of an anime (usually the first one) is quite low compared to the budget invested in an episode.
An anime opening at the beginning of an anime adptation is decided at the last moment and the budget that is invested in it are the "leftovers" of the budget that was not invested in the episode. That's why in general, an opening appears in an anime around episode 2 or 3, simply because it was not finished earlier.

Anime episodes with 3D animation are less expensive than 2D episodes (making an episode in 3D takes less budget and is an economical method for the studio, more and more used).
Thanks for the info. I can totally see that.

About 3D, I don't understand why most companies would spend money on CGI rather than hand drawn but I know now. Always thought that 2D was way cheaper than 3D tbh.....

About 3D, I don't understand why most companies would spend money on CGI rather than hand drawn but I know now. Always thought that 2D was way cheaper than 3D tbh.....
To tell you, the animators have to respect quotas of drawings to make (a 2D episode is made in drawings by young animators before being validated by several superiors, there are obviously corrections to the drawings, but it goes from the simple drawing to the production).
An example: An animator had to make 300 drawings and had a deadline to hand them in. Each drawing is very poorly paid, and each one is different (the first one can be just a mouth to draw in 10 minutes and the second one 5 characters from head to toe in several hours/see days).
If the animator doesn't turn in the time limit, after 6 months, he is fired from the studio.

What I say in this message only concerns animators who work on 2D episodes. 3D episodes is not the same method to be produced.

B

Ballel

In the anime world, most of the young animators (in terms of seniority in the profession) are very badly paid and have to almost sacrifice their health to continue.
Isn't it the same with manga artists? Why do they even work in these jobs then?

To tell you, the animators have to respect quotas of drawings to make (a 2D episode is made in drawings by young animators before being validated by several superiors, there are obviously corrections to the drawings, but it goes from the simple drawing to the production).
An example: An animator had to make 300 drawings and had a deadline to hand them in. Each drawing is very poorly paid, and each one is different (the first one can be just a mouth to draw in 10 minutes and the second one 5 characters from head to toe in several hours/see days).
If the animator doesn't turn in the time limit, after 6 months, he is fired from the studio.

What I say in this message only concerns animators who work on 2D episodes. 3D episodes is not the same method to be produced.
God that's a sweatshop! They're treated like slaves!

Isn't it the same with manga artists? Why do they even work in these jobs then?
For manga artists, I don't know.
For the second part of your question, these last years, many animators of the Japanese animation world (whether they are high or not hierarchically in the studio or even independent) leave more and more in the Game Design, therefore in the development studios of video games (to quote only the most known in Japan: Square Enix and Capcom).
Because of the lamentable working conditions they undergo.

God that's a sweatshop! They're treated like slaves!
To repeat what I said above, a Japanese studio pays its animators a fixed salary of 500/600$ per month. The animator in question earned 1 000/1200$ with the 300 drawings made per month.
The fixed salary depends on each studio.

And finally, it is the Japanese society that is like that. In Japan, the more you work (including overtime), the better you are perceived. That's the way it is, and always has been.