Speculations Is Another Timeskip POSSIBLE?! Maybe!

Do you think there will be another timeskip?

• Total voters
One Piece is nearing its end, and the Straw Hats are finally close to finding everything the world has to offer…

The ONE PIECE.

What comes after their journey remains unclear, however there’s been a few hints.

1. Kaya

It’s possible that the Straw Hats will disband and go their separate ways, similar to how Gol D. Roger did before his execution. I don’t expect Luffy to have the same fate (it’d be dreadful!) but some similarities have already been shared, such as a dream that others may find funny and the excitement for adventure.

It’s likely that Usopp will go back to Syrup Village and share all of his adventures with Kaya. Instead of them being lies, they will be true.

Kaya‘s dream is to become a doctor and she vowed that she’d treat him no matter what condition he’s in when he returns.

“Age 40: The pirate flag is calling out to me!!
Age 60: Yeah, I'm starting to miss her!!

A future where "something" happens​

Age 40: Luffy's my disciple.
Age 60: Zoro? Yeah... he's my disciple.”​

2. Laboon

At the end of the Reverse Mountain Arc, Luffy briefly fought with Laboon after plunging the Going Merry’s mast into its wound. Afterward, Luffy proclaimed that he was now his rival, promising to see and fight him again once they sailed around the Grand Line.

During Thriller Bark, Brook revealed that he had a dear friend who he wanted to return to; Laboon! All hope seemed loss and it was assumed that they cowardly left the Grand Line shortly after their departure. Who knew there was someone still longing to reunite after all these years?

3. Madam Shyarly’s Prophecy

At the beginning of Fish-Man Island, Madam Shyarly looked at Luffy’s future. She had a vision of a man wearing a Straw Hat who would bring about the destruction of Fish-Man Island.

It’s possible that this event will happen after the Straw Hats find the One Piece. Imu may be involved somehow, resulting in the Noah being used once again.

4. Joyboy’s Promise

“This figure, known as Joy Boy, had made a promise to the inhabitants of Fish-Man Island that he would someday bring their island to the surface, fulfilling Noah’s purpose. He was unable to keep his end of said promise though, and felt the need to explain himself through the poneglyph.”

Queen Otohime spoke of a man who would come and guide Poseidon to use her power for good.

In a SBS column, a reader asked Oda what Luffy would look like in the future.

Luffy wore a pirate coat during the Wano Arc just like his depiction at Age 40! I can see him wearing something similar again once he gains the title of the King of the Pirates.

This further evidents the possibility of a timeskip before the end of the series. Luffy will have presumably given back his Straw Hat to Shanks in some way and at the end of their journey they will go back to the islands they visited. There will be one last fight that will determine the fate of the world and the Red Line will be destroyed, forming the All Blue where every sea creature will gather.

I got that last bit from a previous theory I heard, but it makes a lot of sense! I’d be surprised if Oda doesn’t do it.

All of the Straw Hats came from somewhere, so most if not all of them will probably return to their homelands.

If the Straw Hats disband, Luffy may retire from being a pirate at Amazon Lily similar to Rayleigh at Sabaody Archipelago or he may even share Roger’s fate, whether it be by execution or an illness. This is probably unlikely if Chopper Man is there to save the day!​

Zoro might return to Shimotsuki village and train the next generation of swordsmen.​

Nami will have finished her world map.

Usopp will tell of great adventures and be known as a brave warrior of the sea.

Sanji will probably open up his own restaurant in the All Blue or inherit Baratie. He may or may not have a wife, but that depends if Oda’s generous enough! :sanjismug:

Chopper will be able to cure any disease, big or small. Maybe he’ll reside on Zou?

Robin would do her own thing, since I can’t imagine the Revolutionaries having a purpose in the end. Maybe she’ll teach others archaeology and how to read Poneglyphs?

Brook will more than likely return to the stage as “Soul King” and continue performing! He’ll be able to entertain many generations… because he’s already dead! :broocry:

Franky is unclear, but he might go back to Water 7 and continue making ships (or rocket ships?) for people. He may even become one himself! SUPER! :fransuper:

Jinbe is also unclear, but he may reside on the new Fish-Man Island above the sea.

??????

The future is unknown for this individual.
What do you guys think? Do you think there will be a timeskip before the end of the series? How do you think it will play out? I’m interested in hearing your thoughts! :choppawhat:

Last edited:
A timeskip at the end of the series? Sure. But for now, there won't be any major timeskip in the main storyline except for a few weeks or months.

Yeah this imo.
The timeskips we get seem to be limited to 2 weeks! I don’t remember timeskips being longer than that and the last big one was of course the 3D2Y one.

But yeah, there probably won’t be any timeskips until the end or very close to it. They’re really difficult to pull off too, because you need to have a reason to do so.

Training, for example, is done in many manga before timeskips. The Straw Hats don’t really need to train a lot anymore besides polishing their skills, so I can’t see training being used as a transition effect.

I don’t want Chopper to change. I wish he could stay chibi forever. :amazing: