General & Others Is anyone here not scared of more people rivaling/surpassing Zoro and Sanji in strength?

Been seeing some people talk about Zoro and Sanji's power-ups and being glad they got them because they were scared of people like Jinbe or Yamato being too strong. I mean, even after how their fights with Queen and King turned out, instead of being glad about her achievements, people use that as if to try to make other characters like inferior as if out of desperation to make Zoro and Sanji look the best, even if it means saying things like Jinbe not deserving to be part of the crew because he destroy their monster wing dynamic or that he's not good enough to deserve a power-up.

As much as people are free to express their opinions, I myself feel like expressing this much: that if people feel the need to keep reinforcing how strong Zoro and Sanji are because they're afraid they're going to be seen as worthless, and even so much as feel the need to downplay, or even mudsling, other characters to make Zoro and Sanji look better, then I'll have to say that I'm sure that goes to show how fragile their reputations are, whether as right-handers, wings, or whatever.
Zoro has nothing to worry about. :myman:

His cook, on the other hand...:hihihi:

I’ve never felt like any secondary character was stronger than Zoro. I felt Zoro was stronger than Jinbei and Yamato before he got ACoC.

Sanji on the other hand I feel like Jinbei was stronger than him when he joined the crew and I think Yamato still is stronger.

It doesn’t really bother me though Oda fucked up how I view Sanji a long time ago.
:suresure::suresure:

What did Oda do to you?

Anyways, it doesn't really matter, and yeah you gotta have a fucked up view to have read one piece and think oda would sideline sanji
Post automatically merged:

Idk I think Yamato is over hyped. Strong but I don’t think she was stronger than Zoro. It’s debatable though and I don’t think I’m one of those copium Zoro fans.

I think it was evident that Jinbei was over Sanji until he got all of his power ups. They are relatively close still though Sanji has surpassed him. Yamato is still > Sanji though.
:okay:

Jimbei's strongest attack couldn't one shot Wadatsumi

Sanji's did

I never thought at any point jimbei was stronger than sanji

It was really just obvious and anyone thinking otherwise is either a huge jimbei stan or a sanji hater

The story is ridiculously simple, people's bias just make them too dumb to actually understand it

It was always luffy > zoro>sanji

No matter your views or preferences, it's just how it's always been and always will be
Post automatically merged:

Zoro had more AP overall, but Yamato has more higher stats plus advCoC, but now Zoro is already in top tier category in AP, lethality and so forth, a difference Yamato can´t make up with other stats.

It was clear as day, in WCI Sanji was struggling with mid tiers, Jinbe was confronting Big Mom. And now in this arc, Jinbe low diffed a guy that is comparable to Oven and Daifuku, maybe even stronger.
It´s one thing to believe Oda is not gonna change the M3 of the Strawhats and thus will give them powerups, another to think they are always superior. The former once again turned out to be true (Sanji getting exo and everything that comes with it), the former, nah.
In WCI sanji was folding mid tiers

Jimbei was confronting a starving big mom

The M3 were always stronger than any new member, only exception is Yamato because of her parralels with oden

But even she is gonna get outshined eventually

Last edited:
Both zoro and sanji fans are both hella insecure

Sanji fans mainly about how big the gap is between him and zoro. If sanji was wadatsumi level they wouldn't mind as much if zoro was too
Zoro fans about any character being stronger than him at any point or even comparable. With the same mentality seeping through mihawk, rayleigh, and ryuma as well
I agree with this mostly.
The insecurity of Zoro fans comes from Oda's comparison of Zoro and Sanji every time

On the other hand, many of them are jealous and even hate Luffy. They think Zoro is better than Luffy. The fact is that Zoro can never be better than Luffy
I mean, Zoro gets similarly compared with Luffy as he does with Sanji, while Sanji doesn't really get that kind of portrayal with Luffy. And that is pretty much the entire reason that such debates are so prominent and so toxic in the community.

I also don't get why you're singling out Zoro fans when the same shit exists in both the Sanji fandom and the Luffy fandom. Some Luffy fans get incredibly insecure about Zoro because they similarly want Luffy to be completely peerless, while some Sanji fans get insecure because they want Sanji to be unconditionally and eternally equal to Zoro.

If anything, Zoro fans have it the worst when it comes to intra-fandom arguments because Luffy and Sanji fans often unite together since Zoro is in the middle, where downplaying/shitting on him is beneficial to both Luffy and Zoro fandoms. Despite how everyone talks about the "ridiculous Zoro wank" and "delusional ztards," an element of it actually stems from Zoro fans figuratively being in a "me against the world" circumstance

I agree with this mostly.

I mean, Zoro gets similarly compared with Luffy as he does with Sanji, while Sanji doesn't really get that kind of portrayal with Luffy. And that is pretty much the entire reason that such debates are so prominent and so toxic in the community.

I also don't get why you're singling out Zoro fans when the same shit exists in both the Sanji fandom and the Luffy fandom. Some Luffy fans get incredibly insecure about Zoro because they similarly want Luffy to be completely peerless, while some Sanji fans get insecure because they want Sanji to be unconditionally and eternally equal to Zoro.

If anything, Zoro fans have it the worst when it comes to intra-fandom arguments because Luffy and Sanji fans often unite together since Zoro is in the middle, where downplaying/shitting on him is beneficial to both Luffy and Zoro fandoms. Despite how everyone talks about the "ridiculous Zoro wank" and "delusional ztards," an element of it actually stems from Zoro fans figuratively being in a "me against the world" circumstance
Personally, I have never felt uneasy about Sanji. Sanji will be weaker than Zoro, but there will not be too much difference. Even if jinbe and Yamato join, they will not break the balance of M3.

As for Luffy and Zoro, we can see that Luffy is the core of the straw hat and the absolute protagonist. But why do some Zoro fans always want Zoro to surpass Luffy and do something that only Luffy can do? This is what I don't understand

Personally, I have never felt uneasy about Sanji. Sanji will be weaker than Zoro, but there will not be too much difference. Even if jinbe and Yamato join, they will not break the balance of M3.

As for Luffy and Zoro, we can see that Luffy is the core of the straw hat and the absolute protagonist. But why do some Zoro fans always want Zoro to surpass Luffy and do something that only Luffy can do? This is what I don't understand
I think it comes from Zoro being a character with an obsession for strength and power. I think some Zoro fans just don't like the idea of Luffy being much more carefree and much less intense about gaining power, while being stronger than Zoro.

It's like the same trap that characters such as Sasuke or Vegeta fall into, where their whole character centers around being the strongest but they always fall short to the main character, who is not nearly as power-obsessed. However, the great thing about Zoro is that he does receive the type of portrayal of being the #2 guy who sometimes shows to be as capable as the #1 guy, while not directly competing with Luffy. He only cares about being the strongest swordsman, so he doesn't have to always be the "loser" to Luffy.

But some fans take him to the extreme and want him to be stronger than everybody, not just the strongest swordsman. And maybe that comes from Zoro not being given worthy swordsmen challengers. It's not like we know about tons of crazy strong swordsmen who could get in the way of Zoro defeating Mihawk for the title