General & Others Is anyone here not scared of more people rivaling/surpassing Zoro and Sanji in strength?

It's incredible how Sanji fans distort the reality and humiliations Sanji suffered. Reading this shit seems like vs Vergo and Doflamingo Sanji won.

Sanji didn't struggle against queen as zoro did against king and you obviously know it

Zoro is bleeding like crazy, sanji literally left the fight with no damage due to his healing factor and he didn't even use full body flammes attacks that are canonicaly his strongest attacks
How ridiculous, if you try to use a little more immagination you will find that Sanji will become Pirate King himself

:whitepress::seriously::okay:
Post automatically merged:

I love people bringing that up when all Sanji did was feeling a bit of pain and then ignored that for the whole arc and kept doing his thing afterwards, it literally meant nothing.

Not to mention Sanji tanking that huge explosion that Ceasar focused on him.

By the way, Jinbei was never stronger than Sanji post-timeskip, and there are tons of statements and portrayal to showcase that

Yamato isn't stronger than Sanji currently

Adv.CoC delusional wankers are getting bodied already because they literally think giving Usopp Adv.CoC will make him be able to fight Kaido 1vs1 all out.

Giving Adv.CoC to Yamato was Oda's best way of showing that NO ONE will surpass the Monster Trio
:perocry::kailaugh:

It's incredible how Sanji fans distort the reality and humiliations Sanji suffered. Reading this shit seems like vs Vergo and Doflamingo Sanji won.

How ridiculous, if you try to use a little more immagination you will find that Sanji will become Pirate King himself

:whitepress::seriously::okay:

:perocry::kailaugh:
Sanji didn't win, I accept that

What's truly incredible is how far people are willing to dumb down their mental capacities to act as if sanji was way weaker

Bro? So you are so far into your delusions that you think saying that sanji is comparable to zoro because he defeated queen with way more ease than zoro defeated king is that ridiculous?

Well sucks for you, the author doesn't really seem to agree with that way of thinking

And why are you laughing at the guy? He's right

Saying that sanji was portrayed to be weaker when sanji literally overpowered and speed blitzed vergo with a broken leg. Is ridiculous

Zoro fainting against Killer without his main weapons because of fodder's interference is the most pathetic display post-timeskip. Seriously, "but poison", LoL Luffy fought an army while beaten and starving, even Sanji starved as a child. If Sanji was in Zoro's place, Ztards would have the time of their lives bringing this until the end of the series.

Not surprisingly Killer was reduced to just beating Hawkins The Ultimate Jobber. Looks like anyone a bit stronger would be too much for him.

Sanji fights and gets hurt since the pre-timeskip, thats normal for the Monster Trio overall, there no big deal about it.

The real deal is: how much injures they are able to endure and keep fighting regardless.

The real big deal here is people ignoring that Vergo couldn't land a single hit on Sanji, and ignoring that Sanji was barely trying but looked leagues better than anything an all out Smoker managed to do against Vergo. That Vergo was hyped by Doflamingo like no one else in his crew, that even among Vice-Admirals he was hyped above. Pica was someone who would cry to Doflamingo when people laughed at his voice, LoL, cutting an stationary opponent made of stone is a real challenge compared to fighting a Vice Admiral, one of the best Rokushiki Master out there hyped to have a strong CoA.

Not to mention that Sanji just ignored the injure, like it meant nothing. Dudes act like he was defeated, when Vergo was the one who ran away without landing a single hit but getting blown into the wall twice.

Doflamingo treated Luffy in the same way a few times like he did to Sanji, and he needed Law's assistance. Luffy had much more chances to fight Doflamingo again and again, to the point he matched Doflamingo on base at some point, and ragdolled him on G4. Sanji didn't got these chances, he simply accomplished his goal to protect the crew, getting stopped by "Parasite" was what trully fucked him up

Zoro fainting against Killer without his main weapons because of fodder's interference is the most pathetic display post-timeskip. Seriously, "but poison", LoL Luffy fought an army while beaten and starving, even Sanji starved as a child. If Sanji was in Zoro's place, Ztards would have the time of their lives bringing this until the end of the series.

Not surprisingly Killer was reduced to just beating Hawkins The Ultimate Jobber. Looks like anyone a bit stronger would be too much for him.

Sanji fights and gets hurt since the pre-timeskip, thats normal for the Monster Trio overall, there no big deal about it.

The real deal is: how much injures they are able to endure and keep fighting regardless.

The real big deal here is people ignoring that Vergo couldn't land a single hit on Sanji, and ignoring that Sanji was barely trying but looked leagues better than anything an all out Smoker managed to do against Vergo. That Vergo was hyped by Doflamingo like no one else in his crew, that even among Vice-Admirals he was hyped above. Pica was someone who would cry to Doflamingo when people laughed at his voice, LoL, cutting an stationary opponent made of stone is a real challenge compared to fighting a Vice Admiral, one of the best Rokushiki Master out there hyped to have a strong CoA.

Not to mention that Sanji just ignored the injure, like it meant nothing. Dudes act like he was defeated, when Vergo was the one who ran away without landing a single hit but getting blown into the wall twice.

Doflamingo treated Luffy in the same way a few times like he did to Sanji, and he needed Law's assistance. Luffy had much more chances to fight Doflamingo again and again, to the point he matched Doflamingo on base at some point, and ragdolled him on G4. Sanji didn't got these chances, he simply accomplished his goal to protect the crew, getting stopped by "Parasite" was what trully fucked him up
Sigh...
:sighting:

Oda did that to luffy and zoro before

People forget that before the timeskip the strawhats would constantly lose against their opponents before beating them

Remember Lucci vs luffy and zoro?

Or zoro vs Enel?

Luffy vs crocodile round 1 - 2
I was more focused on post-ts, but you seem to be the one with difficulty reading if you're not getting my point. Sure Oda can have Zoro and Luffy lose, but it won't be for such insignificant purposes. Eneru needed to be shown as a god, and there weren't any characters left to demonstrate his strength against so Zoro's a good option, unlike in Dressrosa where there were tons of characters to choose from and Law had already been used, so Sanji's humiliation(?) wasn't effective as a tool. Same with Vergo, Oda chose to use Sanji when there were others. And as far as Luffy is concerned, you're again not reading what I'm saying because I made it clear that Luffy can and has lost, pre and post-ts, but he will win later so those losses don't mean much. My point is that Sanji loses more often and in less necessary situations than the other two, and with no haste at redemption.
And wow, the Lucci comparison fits my idea as well with Luffy and Zoro at the same time. Luffy's loss is nbd because he later beats him, and Zoro's is nbd because Luffy lost as well so he never had a chance.

It's not just justified to me, oda clearly didn't want to imply that sanji at full strength was weak so he always nerfed him
He was not nerfed against Doffy he was too weak to counter his ability and if his injuries were enough to have him lose to Vergo then his durability was so garbage that he might as well have been weaker.

Not knowing doffy's ability means an automatic loss except for high tier or top tiers

Take jozu for instance, he was stronger than doffy but was defeated

Or take luffy vs crocodile, luffy struggled to beat him because he didn't know his weakness
Oda always shows characters' abilities as broken before they're fully revealed, it's why Robin looked like a top-tier early on. Also Jozu's a side character, which is why him being amazingly portrayed isn't a high priority for Oda so he can be used to make others look strong. Sanji's portrayal is similar: he's allowed to be played around with sometimes which was my whole point.

And Luffy vs Crocodile. Again, Luffy won in the end. Oda didn't feel it necessary to give Sanji that chance, because he's Sanji, not Luffy or even Zoro, so winning isn't as high a priority.

Sanji didn't struggle against queen as zoro did against king and you obviously know it

Zoro is bleeding like crazy, sanji literally left the fight with no damage due to his healing factor and he didn't even use full body flammes attacks that are canonicaly his strongest attacks
Lmao I "obviously know it"? Not everyone's perspectives are clouded by a love of Sanji. Sanji's out of commission just like Zoro, pretty clear that he reached his limits, whether due to injury or exhaustion, he's done.

And he used his 'cannonically strongest attack' with the ifrit jambe. Zoro never used asura so I guess he must've been holding back against King by that logic

Look, im really not trying to shit on Zoro here, its just that ZoroGen has some weird standards. Im clearly understimating the fact that Zoro was food poisoned. But as i said, ZoroGen loves double standards

"Wow Jinbei much stronger than Sanji but not than Zoro"

"But why just Sanji, and not ZOro? Well, Zoro beat Pica so he is much above"

:kaidowhat:

Oda made clear that Sanji was above right at the start of the pre-timeskip when Jinbei's strongest attack did shit to Wadatsumi besides pushing him back. Thats same move he used against Big Mom that people love to bring up.

Then Sanji comes with Hell Memories and blows Wadatsumi up on fire straight away and knocks him out.

And thats just the beginning. There is more than that through and through

I was more focused on post-ts, but you seem to be the one with difficulty reading if you're not getting my point. Sure Oda can have Zoro and Luffy lose, but it won't be for such insignificant purposes. Eneru needed to be shown as a god, and there weren't any characters left to demonstrate his strength against so Zoro's a good option, unlike in Dressrosa where there were tons of characters to choose from and Law had already been used, so Sanji's humiliation(?) wasn't effective as a tool. Same with Vergo, Oda chose to use Sanji when there were others. And as far as Luffy is concerned, you're again not reading what I'm saying because I made it clear that Luffy can and has lost, pre and post-ts, but he will win later so those losses don't mean much. My point is that Sanji loses more often and in less necessary situations than the other two, and with no haste at redemption.
And wow, the Lucci comparison fits my idea as well with Luffy and Zoro at the same time. Luffy's loss is nbd because he later beats him, and Zoro's is nbd because Luffy lost as well so he never had a chance.

He was not nerfed against Doffy he was too weak to counter his ability and if his injuries were enough to have him lose to Vergo then his durability was so garbage that he might as well have been weaker.

Oda always shows characters' abilities as broken before they're fully revealed, it's why Robin looked like a top-tier early on. Also Jozu's a side character, which is why him being amazingly portrayed isn't a high priority for Oda so he can be used to make others look strong. Sanji's portrayal is similar: he's allowed to be played around with sometimes which was my whole point.

And Luffy vs Crocodile. Again, Luffy won in the end. Oda didn't feel it necessary to give Sanji that chance, because he's Sanji, not Luffy or even Zoro, so winning isn't as high a priority.

Lmao I "obviously know it"? Not everyone's perspectives are clouded by a love of Sanji. Sanji's out of commission just like Zoro, pretty clear the at he reached his limits, whether due to injury or exhaustion, he's done.

And he used his 'cannonically strongest attack' with the ifrit jambe. Zoro never used asura so I guess he must've been holding back against King by that logic
I still don't understand why you call it a humiliation

Sanji had the upper hand the whole fight

Vergo just damaged him once and it didn't affect sanji that much

So I'm really confused about your arguments, you're acting as if sanji lost

Sanji didn't lose against vergo, your point is absolutely ridiculous because you're pretty much imagining a different story

He was not nerfed against doffy, but he still lost for reasons not powerscaling related

Jozu is stronger than doffy but was in the same situation as sanji

And there you go, thanks for finally showing your bias lmao

"his durability is so garbage" bruh this is pathetic lmao

Sanji didn't lose against vergo, your dumbass simply didn't read the fucking fight where sanji was never hit and overpowered vergo in a direct clash despite having a broken bone

His bone was just fractured but somehow people with Olympic level mental gymnastics try to dumbly pretend that he lost

Zoro's guts are all over the place every time he fights, I don't see idiots saying he lost

Sanji's leg getting fractured doesn't mean humiliation or a lose, it just means that vergo was no push over, that's it

Sanji was never in a situation similar to the doflamingo one, why are you acting as if it's a thing that always happens to his character?

You're objectively wrong bro, and you're clearly just biased

Your whole point is literally ignoring the fact that Enel and Lucci mopped the floor with zoro without him getting a chance to return the favor just to pretend as if oda constantly trashes on sanji's character because your dumbass cannot understand that ONE leg crack in a fight where he dominated his opponent and one defeat due to a broken devil fruit ability means that sanji took a lot of Ls

And if you can't see that sanji struggled against queen less than zoro struggled against king, then your ophtalmologist has a lot of work ahead of him

And ashura is a coc based technique btw

Canonicaly sanji's full body flammes techniques are his strongest, the techniques named after the body parts he strikes are the weakest

Your whole point is based around the false interpretation that oda treats sanji like a background character and constantly trashes on him to hype up other characters, which is simply wrong when you use your brain and put the situations in their context

But then again you think sanji lost only because he got damaged during a fight and you compare his treatment to jozu's lmao

My liking for sanji's character is as obvious are you dislike for his character, the difference is that I'm not bias and can properly read a story

I won't think that a character is weak and treated poorly for the most pitiful and laughable reasons

Seriously, "but poison", LoL Luffy fought an army while beaten and starving, even Sanji starved as a child. If Sanji was in Zoro's place, Ztards would have the time of their lives bringing this until the end of the series.
Remember how Oda went out of his way to have Zoro say he would have beaten Killer regardless? Difference between Zoro having controversial fights and Sanji having them is that Zoro still wins

Remember Arlong park? Or Sabaody or the rooftop? Or the best one thriller bark? That one showed who can endure the most, no? Who was Oda ok with showing as weaker and which one did he prioritise as strong? Sanji's intentions were good, though.

Not to mention that Sanji just ignored the injure, like it meant nothing.
That's not exactly a crazy feat tbh

Jozu is stronger than doffy but was in the same situation as sanji
If Jozu's stronger but Doffy can defeat him with his fruit alone then Jozu isn't stronger. So is Jozu stronger, or is Doffy so strong that anyone who doesn't know his fruit's abilities going to justifiably be no-diffed? It can't be both.
"his durability is so garbage" bruh this is pathetic lmao

Sanji didn't lose against vergo, your dumbass simply didn't read the fucking fight where sanji was never hit and overpowered vergo in a direct clash despite having a broken bone
Hey, you're the one who uses the "he was injured so it doesn't count" excuse. If it's so pathetic why do you cling to it as a defence?
If Sanji didn't lose, why are you so offended?

Zoro's guts are all over the place every time he fights, I don't see idiots saying he lost
That's because he noticeably wins, Sanji doesn't sometimes. Idc how injured you get if you're the last one standing.

Sanji's leg getting fractured doesn't mean humiliation or a lose
Don't get too mad, Sanji's allowed to be humiliated and lose. It happens sometimes even if you subjectively disagree. The vergo situation is taken out of proportion, but re-read fishman island or wci and tell me he doesn't lose or get humiliated, at least in the eyes of a majority of fans.

Sanji was never in a situation similar to the doflamingo one, why are you acting as if it's a thing that always happens to his character?
I just meant the general idea of not having to win every fight, not that he loses every fight. Just contributes to Sanji's overall portrayal compared to the others in the M3.

And if you can't see that sanji struggled against queen less than zoro struggled against king, then your ophtalmologist has a lot of work ahead of him
If Sanji struggled less yet still went out of commission, he won't be able to last in a fight against King.

And ashura is a coc based technique btw
Headcanon. Doesn't change the fact that Zoro said it was the limit of his abilities on the rooftop.

My liking for sanji's character is as obvious are you dislike for his character, the difference is that I'm not bias and can properly read a story
You don't actually like Sanji's character, though. You like your version of his character who's on the same level as Zoro or even Luffy and never shows weakness, but Sanji isn't the same way. Appreciate that Sanji's strength comes from a different source and he focuses more on emotional struggles than physical, appreciate that being a good character doesn't mean beating every other character no contest. You want him to be just as strong as Zoro and never lose ever, even if it means putting yourself (and me) through these mental gymnastics so that he technically won all his fights or they don't count. Appreciate Sanji for what he is, not what he isn't.

I won't think that a character is weak and treated poorly for the most pitiful and laughable reasons
I never said these things. I didn't say he was weak or treated poorly, just that he's weaker than Zoro and Luffy and that he's treated worse than them in regards to fights.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Been seeing some people talk about Zoro and Sanji's power-ups and being glad they got them because they were scared of people like Jinbe or Yamato being too strong. I mean, even after how their fights with Queen and King turned out, instead of being glad about her achievements, people use that as if to try to make other characters like inferior as if out of desperation to make Zoro and Sanji look the best, even if it means saying things like Jinbe not deserving to be part of the crew because he destroy their monster wing dynamic or that he's not good enough to deserve a power-up.

As much as people are free to express their opinions, I myself feel like expressing this much: that if people feel the need to keep reinforcing how strong Zoro and Sanji are because they're afraid they're going to be seen as worthless, and even so much as feel the need to downplay, or even mudsling, other characters to make Zoro and Sanji look better, then I'll have to say that I'm sure that goes to show how fragile their reputations are, whether as right-handers, wings, or whatever.
only powerscalertard scared of this scenario though.

Thing is that, Sanji will always be the third strongest Strawhat no matter what. No one really denies that unless they're mentally disabled or having bad reading comprehension. The "Wings" statement from Oda pretty much debunked any "Jinbei > Sanji" or "Yamato > Sanji" claims but some people could still dream. And it's not my job to lecture those who has broad imagination.

Thing is that, Sanji will always be the third strongest Strawhat no matter what. No one really denies that unless they're mentally disabled or having bad reading comprehension. The "Wings" statement from Oda pretty much debunked any "Jinbei > Sanji" or "Yamato > Sanji" claims but some people could still dream. And it's not my job to lecture those who has broad imagination.
You think Oda cares a lot about the M3 hierarchy in general? 🤔

I agree with this mostly.

I mean, Zoro gets similarly compared with Luffy as he does with Sanji, while Sanji doesn't really get that kind of portrayal with Luffy. And that is pretty much the entire reason that such debates are so prominent and so toxic in the community.

I also don't get why you're singling out Zoro fans when the same shit exists in both the Sanji fandom and the Luffy fandom. Some Luffy fans get incredibly insecure about Zoro because they similarly want Luffy to be completely peerless, while some Sanji fans get insecure because they want Sanji to be unconditionally and eternally equal to Zoro.

If anything, Zoro fans have it the worst when it comes to intra-fandom arguments because Luffy and Sanji fans often unite together since Zoro is in the middle, where downplaying/shitting on him is beneficial to both Luffy and Zoro fandoms. Despite how everyone talks about the "ridiculous Zoro wank" and "delusional ztards," an element of it actually stems from Zoro fans figuratively being in a "me against the world" circumstance
Depends on which side you're taking on. Sanji generally got shit a lot because post TS, Oda never gave him a good portrayal. Not even once. Only Queen's the turnaround. This is a canon fact and reflected to his fanbase.

If you happen to feel like that (your post), it just mean you're sympathizing with one side.

About the thread topic and M3:

I always wonder why Kaido send F6 to Yamato, that would be useless.

At the very least, Yamato is Jack level. That is why you get:

Luffy Kaido
Zoro King
Sanji Queen
[blank] Jack
Jinbe Who's Who
Franky Sasaki
Robin Black Maria

The duke gets to fight Jack so the war looks like being fought by the alliance too and not just SH. Even then, it is also implying that the blank slot, if not for the duke, would be for a (future) SH member.

At the most, with the introduction of AdCoC, Yamato is King level.

Yamato is able to stall Kaido.
AdCoC Yamato only hurt Kaido a bit.
Pre AdCoC Zoro already perma wound Kaido.
AdCoC Zoro for sure is stronger than AdCoC Yamato.

Conclusion: I wont worry about Zoro being "matched or replaced" with new member, because his role is to fight. Any new member wont be better than old member's role (eg Franky wont shoot better than Usopp).

Last edited:
Zoro's awesomeness can't be replaced ultimately.

He is a destined man, the next WSS and a man thoroughly paralleled with the Legend Ryuma God of Sword and guess what Zoro just defeated a God, he turned King into a One Winged Man Sephiroth styled.

If Jozu's stronger but Doffy can defeat him with his fruit alone then Jozu isn't stronger. So is Jozu stronger, or is Doffy so strong that anyone who doesn't know his fruit's abilities going to justifiably be no-diffed? It can't be both.

Hey, you're the one who uses the "he was injured so it doesn't count" excuse. If it's so pathetic why do you cling to it as a defence?
If Sanji didn't lose, why are you so offended?

That's because he noticeably wins, Sanji doesn't sometimes. Idc how injured you get if you're the last one standing.

Don't get too mad, Sanji's allowed to be humiliated and lose. It happens sometimes even if you subjectively disagree. The vergo situation is taken out of proportion, but re-read fishman island or wci and tell me he doesn't lose or get humiliated, at least in the eyes of a majority of fans.

I just meant the general idea of not having to win every fight, not that he loses every fight. Just contributes to Sanji's overall portrayal compared to the others in the M3.

If Sanji struggled less yet still went out of commission, he won't be able to last in a fight against King.

Headcanon. Doesn't change the fact that Zoro said it was the limit of his abilities on the rooftop.

You don't actually like Sanji's character, though. You like your version of his character who's on the same level as Zoro or even Luffy and never shows weakness, but Sanji isn't the same way. Appreciate that Sanji's strength comes from a different source and he focuses more on emotional struggles than physical, appreciate that being a good character doesn't mean beating every other character no contest. You want him to be just as strong as Zoro and never lose ever, even if it means putting yourself (and me) through these mental gymnastics so that he technically won all his fights or they don't count. Appreciate Sanji for what he is, not what he isn't.

I never said these things. I didn't say he was weak or treated poorly, just that he's weaker than Zoro and Luffy and that he's treated worse than them in regards to fights.
Jozu is clearly stronger than doffy, doffy got one shotted by king kong gun, Jozu tanked an attack from mihawk head on

I'm not even offended, I just find it dumb that people overreact over an injury, it's just a bone fracture, sanji still had the upper hand, I'm just amazed by how stupid the headcanons surrounding that leg crack is

Sanji was damaged before the fight and fought a fresh vergo, managed to overpower him in a direct clash and even blitzed him

He didn't lose and he didn't win but he clearly wasn't weaker

During wci he didn't get humiliated, at the very beginning of the arc it was straight up stated that sanji is stronger by a large margin than his siblings, the "majority of fans" isn't on this forum lmao, most fans are capable of properly reading a story and aren't obsessed with downplaying a character because he's always put on par with their fav and they feel like it takes away from uniqueness

As for Fishmen island I agree, it was a bad arc anyways

If sanji started the fight with his power up he would've won way too easily

You're kind of forgetting that pre power up he literally died when fighting queen, healing a crushed body definitely took away most of his stamina

Sanji post exoskeleton would be able to get the fight against queen over with in a couple of minutes

He could just go full invisible with his speed, and land an ifrit jambe combo on him

I appreciate sanji the way he is, a flawed character that overcomes his mental struggles instead of physical ones in order to get stronger

But your interpretation of sanji's character is just wrong

He is undeniably on zoro's level despite being slightly weaker, no matter how you look at it, oda clearly wrote it to be that way

And he doesn't constantly loses or gets humiliated like you make it seem

Half your statements are correct, sanji doesn't win as much fights as zoro or luffy

The other half of your statements are absolute bullshit because you straight up think that sanji is constantly trashed on or humiliated and that his portrayal is limited to hyping up other characters, which is plainly wrong

You think Oda cares a lot about the M3 hierarchy in general? 🤔
:seriously: he didn't give haki to Robin to highlight the M3 dynamic , which is still ridiculously dumb to this day considering the fact that she was with the revolutionaries

Depends on which side you're taking on. Sanji generally got shit a lot because post TS, Oda never gave him a good portrayal. Not even once. Only Queen's the turnaround. This is a canon fact and reflected to his fanbase.
:milaugh::milaugh:

This is what happens when you don't read the fricking Manga

And I don't get the "reflected on his fanbase" saying he didn't get shit on as much as you try to make it seem is what's canon

He was defeated by doffy because of doffy's broken ability that he wasn't aware of that could even one shot a commander that wasn't aware of it

And he was dominating the fight with vergo

The only thing reflected on the fanbase is how stupid and stubborn some people are willing to be when it comes to downplaying a character for the shittiest reasons

He:

Blitzed oven

Dodged an attack from katakuri

One shotted wadasumi who tanked jimbei's strongest attack

Off screened yonji and daifuku

No diffed sheepshed

Was called a strong fighter by doflamingo

And many other things that I'm too tired to mention

Just because you can't read doesn't mean that your headcanon is even remotely close canon

Last edited: