Character Discussion Is Imu Sama a Fighter?

Choose Two:

• Imu sama is a fighter

• Imu sama is NOT a fighter

• The Gorosei will serve as Imu sama's bodyguards

• Imu sama will have a royal guard

• Imu sama will have a Cipher Pol unit that reports directly to them

• Imu sama will have some other combatant subordinates

• Imu sama will have no combatant subordinates

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
And if not, who will Luffy fight when they confront Imu sama as the final antagonist?

I think it cannot be Sakazuki because:
  • Sakazuki is not aware of Imu sama's existence
    • It's not even known if Sakazuki would continue serving Imu sama should he learn the truth
  • Excluding the Reverie (only once every several years), the Admirals are not stationed at Mariejoa
    • It's unlikely there'll be another Reverie before the Final War
  • Navy HQ is in the New World, and that's likely where Sakazuki will contront Luffy
    • As alluded in this chapter, the Strawhats may storm Navy HQ
  • Imu's direct subordinates are the Gorosei
    • Though they also had an unnamed attendant
  • The World Government are a somewhat separate adversary from Navy HQ
    • Pirates have directly challenged Navy HQ and the Navy in general before
    • The only force explicitly trying to tear down the World Government is the Revolutionary Army
      • Even now, it was the Revolutionary Army that learned of someone who sat upon the Empty Throne

In the case that Imu sama ends up not being a fighter, I think the Gorosei are more likely to act as Imu sama's bodyguards than Sakazuki (one of them seems to bear the Shodai Kitetsu suggesting that he's a swordsman and more to the point an opponent for Zoro).

Another alternative would be an explicit Royal Guard or uber secret Cipher Pol that reports directly to Imu sama.

This is to say that I think those hoping that Sakazuki will be the final villain if Imu sama is not a fighter are on supreme copium.
:pepecopium:

Doesn't seem like he is so far. More like someone with a very powerful weapon at his control, and perhaps granted eternal youth by the ope ope no mi user 800 years ago.

Luffy vs his evil counterpart, Blackbeard.

And if not, who will Luffy fight when they confront Imu sama as the final antagonist?

I think it cannot be Sakazuki because:
  • Sakazuki is not aware of Imu sama's existence
    • It's not even known if Sakazuki would continue serving Imu sama should he learn the truth
  • Excluding the Reverie (only once every several years), the Admirals are not stationed at Mariejoa
    • It's unlikely there'll be another Reverie before the Final War
  • Navy HQ is in the New World, and that's likely where Sakazuki will contront Luffy
    • As alluded in this chapter, the Strawhats may storm Navy HQ
  • Imu's direct subordinates are the Gorosei
    • Though they also had an unnamed attendant
  • The World Government are a somewhat separate adversary from Navy HQ
    • Pirates have directly challenged Navy HQ and the Navy in general before
    • The only force explicitly trying to tear down the World Government is the Revolutionary Army
      • Even now, it was the Revolutionary Army that learned of someone who sat upon the Empty Throne

In the case that Imu sama ends up not being a fighter, I think the Gorosei are more likely to act as Imu sama's bodyguards than Sakazuki (one of them seems to bear the Shodai Kitetsu suggesting that he's a swordsman and more to the point an opponent for Zoro).

Another alternative would be an explicit Royal Guard or uber secret Cipher Pol that reports directly to Imu sama.

This is to say that I think those hoping that Sakazuki will be the final villain if Imu sama is not a fighter are on supreme copium.
:pepecopium:
Sakazuki would still serve like the good doggy he is even if he knew Imu.

he definitely has the Water DF because of the Imu = Umi = Sea , so my bet is that he's a fighter and likely the strongest DF user with some Bullshit Hax Second level Awakening beyond regular awakening, this is my headcanon for Imu abilities :
- Awakening level 2
- Maxed out COA, COC, COO
- 4th type of Haki
- Lunarian , Fishman ,Giant genes with some Vegapank steroids

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
Not a fighter, no more than Shirahoshi is. This was the chance to setup Imu as some legendary fighter floating in the sky annihilating the island like Pain vs Konoha and instead it was Uranus doing the work

Presumably the Gorosei guard her, and maybe these Knights of Heaven.

I very much hope there’s not an even more super secret CP unit just for Imu, that would be ridiculous. First CP9 were the strongest hidden CP, then there was the even stronger even more hidden CP0, then what, CPX? Please no. Something else.

I think he/she has to be as the overarching big bad of a shounen I don’t think there’s any way around it. Especially now w the Doffy/Enel parallels being stronger than ever now, Luffy will once again claw his way up and drag god down from heaven.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Luffy vs his evil counterpart, Blackbeard.
This has nothing to do with Imu sama lol.

At least there's some connection between Imu sama and Sakazuki.

Fighting Blackbeard when they confront Imu sama just makes no sense.

Blackbeard will be defeated before Sakazuki anyways. The Final War will only commence after a new Pirate King emerges (ergo when Blackbeard has been defeated).

- Lunarian , Fishman ,Giant genes with some Vegapank steroids
Makes no sense given that her existence is a secret that prior to this chapter, < 10 people were aware of.

Imu is Luffy's mom or Xebec
Not Xebec. Xebec aspired to become the King of the World; Imu is the actual King of the World (and was probably responsible for erasing God's Valley).

Blackbeard will be defeated before Sakazuki anyways. The Final War will only commence after a new Pirate King emerges (ergo when Blackbeard has been defeated).
Imu and the D's are connected to the ancient past, Akainu is just another logia, nothing interesting, Blackbeard remains the first person to be able to break the devil fruit rule, and Oda wanting to make BB originally as strong as 3 admirals for a reason but avoided that.

Take it or leave it.

Makes no sense given that her existence is a secret that prior to this chapter, < 10 people were aware of.

Not Xebec. Xebec aspired to become the King of the World; Imu is the actual King of the World (and was probably responsible for erasing God's Valley).
Rocks secretly achieved his goal , why is Xebec the only great pirate who's existance was kept secret , why the WG didn't bother censoring whitebeard , Roger etc

Not a fighter, no more than Shirahoshi is. This was the chance to setup Imu as some legendary fighter floating in the sky annihilating the island like Pain vs Konoha and instead it was Uranus doing the work

Presumably the Gorosei guard her, and maybe these Knights of Heaven.

I very much hope there’s not an even more super secret CP unit just for Imu, that would be ridiculous. First CP9 were the strongest hidden CP, then there was the even stronger even more hidden CP0, then what, CPX? Please no. Something else.
Cp0 wre not hidden , everyone is aware of there existence.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Imu and the D's are connected to the ancient past, Akainu is just another logia, nothing interesting, Blackbeard remains the first person to be able to break the devil fruit rule, and Oda wanting to make BB originally as strong as 3 admirals for a reason but avoided that.

Take it or leave it.
Blackbeard is an important antagonist, but he's getting defeated before Luffy challenges Navy HQ let alone the World Government.

We know from Whitebeard that the Final War will begin only after the One Piece has been found.