Controversial Is it worth it to continue reading Kingdom?

I've read ~100 chapters and it was pretty good.

The main thing preventing me from reading this is according to my one irl friend who has read the whole thing, the manga is probably never going to end (based on how much conquest is left I think).

And I kind of already regret committing to a never-ending story like OP.

Thoughts?

nah it's not true .
cuz kingdom has a clear end and the mangaka is making short arcs now to reach the end ( he did a mistake by making one arc long as wano arc but it changed his writing after that certain arc now arc are shorter , 2016 -2020 one arc :gonope: 2020-2024 : 7 arcs :goyea:)

so kingdom is not one piece also we get more chapters every year than one piece.

also kingdom is more lined story and has less main characters .

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
I've read ~100 chapters and it was pretty good.

The main thing preventing me from reading this is according to my one irl friend who has read the whole thing, the manga is probably never going to end (based on how much conquest is left I think).

And I kind of already regret committing to a never-ending story like OP.

Thoughts?
Kingdom probably isn't going to finish.

I'd still recommend reading it though. The first 100 chapters is genuinely the weakest part of the story imo, so you'll definitely love the rest of you continue though

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
nah we are just 7-6 years awayfrom the end.
I doubt that tbh.

We'll probably be in the middle of a Chu campaign by them, not even the last one.

Hara wants to go all the way past unification so.... unless Kingdom gets really rushed... yeah

I doubt that tbh.

We'll probably be in the middle of a Chu campaign by them, not even the last one.

Hara wants to go all the way past unification so.... unless Kingdom gets really rushed... yeah
nah he is just thinking for something far far away.
let's him first finish kingdom
also since he is not leaning towards what in history for characters like
for example the main reason of downfall of Qin is when moten ordered to kill shoko one of the eunuch but it didn't happen in the manga so this make it more toward peaceful end
Post automatically merged:

I got bored after the time skip tbh
lol there is no even time skip
:suresure:

you retard didn't even read one page
:fujilaugh:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
β€Ž
I don’t know which friend you talked to but Kingdom probably only has maybe 10ish years left lol. Potentially less because Hara packs an enormous amount of content into one chapter and rarely takes breaks.

And yes you should absolutely press on.

I'm pretty sure Hara said in an interview that he wants the manga to cover
fall of Qin empire and rise of Han dynasty.

This manga is not ending any time soon. It doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely worth reading.

Well my dear brudda Kinyagi, if you're wanting entertainment with a good story and action comic, keep reading. If the length of the series really matters to you then... if you would like a hopeful / optimistic answer to make yourself read it then go with what @Monet & @Elder Lee Hung said. But if you want more of a realistic answer then it's essentially what @TheKnightOfTheSea & @Cichy said.

Here's a timeline estimate for yourself and others as to how the series is progressing and future progression (has no major story spoilers other than in-verse year #s):

236 BC - Gyou arc - starts chapter 499
232 BC - Currently - Chapter 784

Assuming this is about a 30 chapter arc, which I doubt. But let's lowball it. That would equal 4 years in-verse being covered in the last 7.5 years, adding the 30 would be about 310 chapters over 8 years. (Kingdom drops on average 39 chaps a year or so)

Hara according to his sole interview said he wants to finish his story at around 206 BC. So about 26 years more from the current year. But let us assume he decides to end it earlier where a lot of people expected him to end it before the interview, around 222-21 BC, we're around 10 years away from that time. We're still looking at easily 10+ years to finish, due to the scale of things to come and the amount of chapters it will take to cover them.
However, you'd be better off going with an Estimate of the series potentially lasting to chapter 2000 (if he does an MC switch to Liu Bang) or 20+ years more. While it may seem insane at face value due to the other major series having not done that. But simply look at the guy making Hajime No Ippo since 1989 at chapter 1420+ now, and he still has ways to go before finishing. With modern technology + being big enough to hire assistants while he just writes the story, it's easy work. This dude is one of the most ambitious mangaka in history, as Hara won't be taking shortcuts to fasten up his story.

My best pitch to you is that if you want to read something that will end up as the greatest historical fiction story, as it is being written, then hop on board and enjoy it.

Last edited: