General & Others Is Kaido living up to the hype?

I remember when we had scabbards vs kaido, people were dissing.

Now Kaido is fighting the 15th person and will probably fight more, does he live up to WSC hype? Or his hype in general?

Let me know, thanks!
He's almost there.

I guess it depends if what we've seen is basically his all, or if there's still a bit more yet to come, revealed in his final clash.

If what we have seen and what he's been scaled to so far is his maximum, I'd call him a little underwhelming, but not so far as being disappointing (or deserving of 'Laido' comments).

But since there are still a few more fights that he's clearly going to participate in, his feats are going to grow even better again, surely.

After we get his flashback his character will improve so much that many of you that trash talk Kaido will wank him soon enough!Just you wait!Oda loves to mess with impatient readers!Keep in mind this man has yet to suffer life threatening damage!It will take a Rose Bomb+Genki Dama to put this man down for good!

Last edited:
He is not exactly achieving that since his AP is not convincing me enough, that's most likely the only major fallacy I'm spotting about a character like Kaido seemingly portrayed as a massive AP monster and expecially durability monster. The latter is being respected, but the former is concurrently lacking in my vision.
Characters surviving thunder Bagua is the same way characters were surviving Akainu's magma punches. The reason is Oda won't kill of characters unless it's necessary. His attacks are potent enough when they are not nerfed by plot.

Yes, probably, the problem as per always is plot power. When you go from one shotting G4 Luffy (from 100% to unconscious) in base with an almost casual thunder bagua using a single hand to have some days later an enraged hybrid Kaido hitting with rage an almost unconscious, wounded base Luffy lying on the floor and have Luffy come up moments later almost like nothing happened... then again this fake tension of having Luffy defeated.. Kaido is doing good in fighting everybody and their mothers but we know that when it comes to Luffy or other the special plot powers activates and hits a wall. Now Yamato will serve as something to keep Kaido busy until Luffy can step in again. Also another ridicoulous point is that Luffy will somewhat be in an acceptable shape to fight in minutes/hours at worst while Kaido will keep accumlating damage.. even if he is the storngest zoan and 99.9% he is awakened as well (and we have seen in Impel down the speciality, super regen, of awakened zoans). Anyway at this point I'm not even so surprised, I remember the last time this stuff pissed me off a bit was chapter 900 cause at that time I was still expecting Oda to do something good like back in pre time skip Sabaody.