Future Events Is Luffy going to follow the final stage Old WB's route?

I thought this before, but after Oda almost shoehorns that WB flashback into the story in Chapter 999, it's even more possible than ever.

He also made Old WB to pass the torch to Luffy even in the pre-TS battle, right after Luffy used CoC.

Not long ago, Ace tried to persuade WB to invade Wano Country to fight Kaido, but WB rejects Ace's request since Marco says there would be major casulties on their crew if they fought Kaido, and WB says Kaido is too strong because not even Oden could defeat him.

This was after Ace become the 2nd division commander in WB's ship, meaning that it wasn't so long before the current story when Luffy started to his journey.

Essentially, the expected things that ''strongest'' Old WB had to do, or couldn't do in chronological order;

01- Not being able to fight Kaido at Wano and not being able to force Kaido out of Wano, despite Ace tries to persuade them to do it.

02- Not being able to defeat Shanks, even when Shanks challenged WB in WB's own ship and before when Shanks KOed some of the WB pirates with CoC Haki.

03- Not being able to defeat the Marines and couldn't save his crew member due to getting too old and sick.

04- Not being able to defeat Blackbeard and BB pirates.

05- Mentions about finding One Piece and the big war against the World Government.

Right now, Luffy is following the same first step;

- Luffy is going to accomplish what Old WB couldn't, and defeat Kaido and force him out of Wano, saves Wano.

If the route will be the same, then;

- Then it's possible that Luffy will defeat Shanks next, since Oda indirectly said Shanks will be the next target, said the next year will be Shanks's year. And Shanks was the only living person in Kaido's vision for Luffy after getting hit by Red Roc, probably Oda wants to highlight Shanks as the next opponent, rather than Blackbeard or Big Mom.

- Then Luffy will defeat the Marines as whole and save the person he wanted to save? Perhaps Sabo? The Marines might use Sabo to draw Revolutionaries into battle, similar to how they used Ace, or it could be another person.

- At that point in the story, both BB pirates and SH pirates will defeat the Marines, and perhaps BB pirates will defeat the Revolutionaries ( I mentioned this in this thread ) as an extra after defeating the Marines, and then they fight each other and SH pirates wins by also saving Revolutionaries from BB pirates,

- And then SH Pirates find One Piece, thus they finally reveal the truth about Void Century and they learn why they must fight World Government and they gain enough allies to fight the whole World Government and Imu.

- Then they defeat the World Government and Imu alongside with Luffy's allies, and with the Remnants of the Revolutionaries. I believe the Revolutionaries must be weakened like WB pirates was weakened after the war with the Marines and BB pirates, since it would be hard to highlight SH Pirates over Revolutionary army in the final war against World Government and Imu, if the Revolutionary army is at full force.

If this happens, then Oda specifically uses the same chronological order for Luffy, by making Luffy to accomplish the things that Old WB couldn't do.

Even though Admiral fans always talk about how the Marines will be the final villains, I think taking out the Marines and the World Government separately would be better for Admiral fans, even though they always believe the Marines will be the Final Villain, but consider this; if the Marines only fights under World Government forces in the final war, then they would be overshadowed by the full force of the World Government, the focus would be for unknown characters like Imu, Gorosei, CP0, Vegapunk's secret weapons and Kong's forces, it won't be focused over Akainu, Kizaru, Issho or Greenbull.

Don't forget that the Marines are only the outward face, not the real face of the Government as Gorosei said.

Government is actually the power source of the Marines;
- Government provides everything, weapons, and even men power as we see how they send 2 new Admirals to the marines, when Greenbull and Issho were originally not marines, meaning that Government might have other guys like Issho or Ryokugyu in their own force under Kong's authority, or under Gorosei's authority, which means it would be very formidable, also they have Vegapunk, and CP0, and if Imu has combat power, the other Goverment forces could be even more powerful than the whole Marines, as they already provided %50 of the Admirals, by sending Issho and Ryokugyu when they needed.

To highlight Akainu, Kizaru, Issho and Greenbull better, if the Marines will be taken out separately, without the under the full force of the World Government then Oda can highlight the characters of the Admirals better. Oda can even make mini background stories for them and it would be a Marine arc entirely, not World Government arc where Marines will be sidekicks to Celestial Dragons and sidekicks to the main force, sidekicks to the real face of the Government as usual. There should stories about the Marines, Koby, X-Drake, and that SWORD faction, so we can finally see the end of the Marines with better leaders leading them during the story without seeing the EoS first.

Perhaps the new Marines under SWORD leadership will even side with Luffy's group in the final war against World Government (Koby and X-Drake gave the signals even in Wano arc), while some Marines like Akainu or Kizaru will keep working for the Government, that would be also cool to see 2 different Marine groups fighting with each other in the Final War, and Issho finally having a chance to fight with Akainu would be also great.

As for the Shanks being the next opponent after Kaido, I think it make sense for the 2 reasons that I mentioned above; 1- Oda said Shanks's year is coming, not Blackbeard's or Big Mom's etc, 2- In Kaido's vision after Luffy's Red Roc, there was no Garp, Rayleigh, Big Mom or Blackbeard, but only Shanks amongst the living people. I think this might be because of Shanks > Garp or Big Mom or Rayleigh or Blackbeard etc , but it could be also because of Oda already preparing the story for highlighting Shanks as the next opponent after Kaido.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
This is a good take. When Wano is a full-blown war, i hope the next saga will be:

- a treasure/artifact hunt race between SHs and RHs where Vegapunk and Mihawk joined the fray. A really intimate, nostalgic, tear-inducing, heart-rending arc, where the pre-TS Monster Trio surpasses their mentors. Luffy surpassing Shanks in Conqueror's Dance by forging the War King's Gauntlet breaking Shanks' power of Time Lord, Zoro surpassing Mihawk by making Wado Ichimonji into Sword of Life, and i hope surprisingly for Sanji (assisted by Franky) to surpass Vegapunk (who had a secret connection to Judge and therefore Sanji) in a battle of strategy and technology, Usopp to surpass his father's sniping, and so on.

- Laugh Tale. Marine's final battle Saga. BB disappointed in WB for getting old so BB search in Laugh Tale for eternal life. Marines interfering with full power and all admirals and FA Akainu arriving in Laugh Tale to decimate all pirate root of all evil. Luffy vs Kizaru, Luffy vs Blackbeard, Luffy's inventing FTLspeed to surpass Kizaru...maybe BB kill Shanks? Luffy inventing Kugelblitz vs BB's Blackhole. Sabo vs Akainu, turning the fire into the sun surpassing magma. Zoro vs Fujitora, Zoro gets the ability to cut gravity field. Sanji vs Greenbull however that turns out lol too lazy to make a fanfic.

- SHs and alliance vs Worstgen forum lol i mean World Government. Dragon sacrificed to hype up Imu. SHs including Jimbei, Yamato, Law (new member lol) vs Gorosei. Luffy vs Imu, creating a death zone and everyone else incapable of entering.

- Imu's power is life. He creates life including DFs etc and he also has the ability to control life. Luffy's life perspective was challenged and questioned by Imu, Imu sharing his vision of peace and prosperity and utopia, etc etc. Luffy fuses all his powers to create the absurd ability like Heaven King's Regalia to shatter physics or something, surpassing and destroy Imu's ultimate power and dominion permanently, without killing him. Luffy and Imu becomes like ultimate eternal frienemy until the end of OP.

- the epilogue of OP, showing the post-OP journey experience. Zoro traveling alone as the wandering WSS getting absolute awe from everyone, Usopp marrying Kaya, Nami being not materialistic anymore due to her journey with SHs, Yamato become Oni-Empress in Wano, Robin travels with Sanji exploring All Blue for archeological stuff, Franky-Chopper-Brook becomes famous in their own field, Luffy marries Nami and the two of them travels as husband and wife using Sunny because they dont have a castle but they have a ship, etc.

Last edited:
Interesting connection
I'm not sure that Luffy is meant to successfully accomplish certain deeds that Whitebeard failed to do. I always saw WB as another gatekeeper like Shanks preparing for the arrival of the person that Roger was waiting for. Its just that WB probably thought that Ace would be the "One" like defeating Kaido and finding the One Piece.
Shanks does seem perfect for the next arc after Wano, wherever they meets the Redhaired Pirates, I like to think it will be friendly contest between Luffy and Shanks. It would be a nice way to relax after everything that will transpire after Wano.

Personally I would like it if Blackbeard ends up destroying the World Government because I believe that he has his sights on the Empty throne and wants to rule the entire world. The BB pirates would end up doing some dirty deeds like wiping out the Celestial Dragons and other Corrupt marines. If BB ends up killing Dragon or one of the Admirals, like you mentioned in other thread then it be all the better, demonstrating BB's power. Thus leading to the surviving Good marines and revolutionaries to fight under Luffy's banner and liberate the world from BB's tyranny.

The reason I am rooting for this scenario is because it would demonstrate the grave threat that Blackbeard represents and what type of "freedom" that the World will experience under his reign. Plus it would be ironic that the World Government was destroyed by an enemy that they repeatedly underestimated to their own peril. They gave BB the lowest bounty amongst the Yonko despite having TWO DEVIL FRUITS! The WG thought that Marco would be capable of defeating BB even after the latter recruited some of the most dangerous prisoners from Impel Down and has WB's Devil fruit. Even Imu who has a hitlist seems to be more focused on Luffy and Vivi then Blackbeard. It would unfortunately prove Shanks right who has tried and failed to warn others about Blackbeard.

Interesting connection
I'm not sure that Luffy is meant to successfully accomplish certain deeds that Whitebeard failed to do. I always saw WB as another gatekeeper like Shanks preparing for the arrival of the person that Roger was waiting for. Its just that WB probably thought that Ace would be the "One" like defeating Kaido and finding the One Piece.
Shanks does seem perfect for the next arc after Wano, wherever they meets the Redhaired Pirates, I like to think it will be friendly contest between Luffy and Shanks. It would be a nice way to relax after everything that will transpire after Wano.

Personally I would like it if Blackbeard ends up destroying the World Government because I believe that he has his sights on the Empty throne and wants to rule the entire world. The BB pirates would end up doing some dirty deeds like wiping out the Celestial Dragons and other Corrupt marines. If BB ends up killing Dragon or one of the Admirals, like you mentioned in other thread then it be all the better, demonstrating BB's power. Thus leading to the surviving Good marines and revolutionaries to fight under Luffy's banner and liberate the world from BB's tyranny.

The reason I am rooting for this scenario is because it would demonstrate the grave threat that Blackbeard represents and what type of "freedom" that the World will experience under his reign. Plus it would be ironic that the World Government was destroyed by an enemy that they repeatedly underestimated to their own peril. They gave BB the lowest bounty amongst the Yonko despite having TWO DEVIL FRUITS! The WG thought that Marco would be capable of defeating BB even after the latter recruited some of the most dangerous prisoners from Impel Down and has WB's Devil fruit. Even Imu who has a hitlist seems to be more focused on Luffy and Vivi then Blackbeard. It would unfortunately prove Shanks right who has tried and failed to warn others about Blackbeard.
Wow good one, i never thought the scenario of BB killing Dragon while Luffy defeats Shanks, it's gonna be a super juicy prelude to Luffy's explored feelings and next move towards BB:cheers:

you forgot the sentimental part of the story! after wano luffy will give up everything about yonkos when he receives the news about sabo and vivi. sakazuki will definitely baits him into a battle!

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Heh Luffy is different from Whitebeard except for when it comes to nakamaship. I think however that yes he would sacrifice his life for his nakama's safety just like Shirohige did.

Of course Luffy has some traits of Roger, some of Whitebeard and even one of Blackbeard funnily which is will for freedom and believing in dreams expecially.

very interesting ....
although the scenario i think is shanks vs BB but some people including me still wanting strawhats go to elbaf n finished big mom scenario and what motivation luffy fight shanks? if oda cannot give good explanation about why luffy fight shanks or luffy fight shanks just because he is yonko then it,s a bad writing ...
and when Im sama ripped the photo of luffy,BB,n shiraoishi pretty sure Im sama want all of them dead the problem is because we stuck in wano we don,t really know what happen in outside world
Really Hope Oda plan BIG NEWS when luffy out from wano :luffydab: