General & Others Is One Piece overrated?

Is One Piece overrated?

• Total voters
Right now, we see Youtubers and redditors keep praising Oda. In my opinion, OP becomes worse, and Oda doesn't deserve the praise anymore.

The fights are so terrible and stupid. They just follow the pattern by make protagonist tankier without explanation and gain power up without built up (just need 2 panels of flashback). Look at Law who just fake runout of stamina and can tank BM like nothing, or Luffy who initially got one shot by Kaido.
This kind of fight is what low-tier manga does.

Story is dull and not touching. Honestly, I don't feel anything at all about the sob story of Oden, scabbards, or Wano people. Funnily, I feel sorry for Kaido and BM who were poorly treated by Oda and become stupid due to protagonist aura.

Panel efficiency is at new low. 140 chapters in Wano, all I remember are characters running around, no-tension enemies, many random side characters. Where are strawhats again?

I think the only reason people still obsess with OP is because of the nostalgia in the old day. What do you think?

nah, most mangas become boring after 100 chapter so for one piece to be okay after 1000 chapter it should be considered great compared to other mangas
Post automatically merged:

I think the only reason people still obsess with OP is because of the nostalgia in the old day. What do you think?
people don't still read one piece because of nostalgia if it was like that boruto manga would be top selling

In terms of Battle shounens, One Piece has the best idea (Haki, DF, physical and spiritual skills in general), but the worst application. Oda is terrible at fighting, and the worst shounen author in that regard. There should be a replacement for him, who only writes the fights, with more technique, emotion and coherence. Eustass Kid's style is pig and horrible.

In my opinion Current One Piece is exactly same as Old One Piece, nothing changed
But what is making it less enjoyable than it was before is Weekly Reading, Forum Discussions & Debates, Toxic Fandom, Wrong Expectations (Due to Theories & Power Level Debates), Breaks, Tiresome (The Manga is +1000 Chapters after all) & Early OP will always feel Nostalgic ... etc
All of these eventually lead to the Reader getting tired & annoyed till they feel that One Piece isn't good anymore

In my opinion Current One Piece is exactly same as Old One Piece, nothing changed
But what is making it less enjoyable than it was before is Weekly Reading, Forum Discussions & Debates, Toxic Fandom, Wrong Expectations (Due to Theories & Power Level Debates), Breaks, Tiresome (The Manga is +1000 Chapters after all) & Early OP will always feel Nostalgic ... etc
All of these eventually lead to the Reader getting tired & annoyed till they feel that One Piece isn't good anymore
Bro facts!!! Reading only weekly for years skews people’s perception of the story being told. Pre time skip is regarded as better, because most people binged it - meaning stuff they don’t like they can fly by and not think of it, wheras week to week you linger on each chapter for a week regardless of if you liked it or not. Week to week reading sucks unless you really like the weekly discussion, but overall it’s a bad way to read the story.

Bro facts!!! Reading only weekly for years skews people’s perception of the story being told. Pre time skip is regarded as better, because most people binged it - meaning stuff they don’t like they can fly by and not think of it, wheras week to week you linger on each chapter for a week regardless of if you liked it or not. Week to week reading sucks unless you really like the weekly discussion, but overall it’s a bad way to read the story.
Exactly, if they binged Wano Arc for example, they wouldn't have being bothered by non-interesting chapters or some fake cliffhangers, because the answer is literally in the next Page or Scene.

But because of Weekly Read, they will have to wait a whole week, sometimes two & then they find it's a chapter focused on O-Tama or Raizo or some boring sub-plot, so they will get extremely annoyed, add to it the fact that they spent those entire days discussing online & debating, making their expectations high & hoping to win an argument ... etc

Ngl, but my perspective of one piece changed after i re-read it entirely from start to finish & saw how binging an arc is different than weekly read

Overrated by some and underrated by others.

Anyone who says that One Piece is the best thing ever made is just ignorant and has never read other better things, especially Seinen that are made for a more mature audience and therefore are better prepared.

And whoever says that One Piece is garbage is because they haven't read other Shonens that are much inferior despite being popular.

Yes thank youu...
Its truee
I used to loved one piece
But wano arc really ruined one piece for me
Now, I consider one piece is just a shit manga who have the same level of fairy tail
Just boobs, have a fight and win!!
Strength comparison its not make sense anymore cause the power of nakama and plot armor
What a cheap cause

I fully agree. But there's no way to praise in the battle sense. In that sense, it's better than before TS to be honest, but as it got so complex some things disappoint. And there's no way to pass, Oda is horrible to do battles, he's always been bad at it, and currently only develops Luffy in a decent way. Of all the shounens I've seen, One Piece is second only to Bleach in the sense that only the protagonist stands out. All the highlights for Luffy, all the best scenes for Luffy, all the emotions for Luffy, all the best phrases for Luffy, the best fights for Luffy. IMO Luffy needs a rival, and that shouldn't be Law, but Kid, Eustass should have defeated BM alone. Luffy has no rival.

Oda should have spent a few pages, or at least a single chapter out of all those 140 in Wano, for training the Straw Hats and Kid and Law, to be a little more coherent and not so forced this super increase level up, but no, only Luffy trained.

Exactly, if they binged Wano Arc for example, they wouldn't have being bothered by non-interesting chapters or some fake cliffhangers, because the answer is literally in the next Page or Scene.

But because of Weekly Read, they will have to wait a whole week, sometimes two & then they find it's a chapter focused on O-Tama or Raizo or some boring sub-plot, so they will get extremely annoyed, add to it the fact that they spent those entire days discussing online & debating, making their expectations high & hoping to win an argument ... etc

Ngl, but my perspective of one piece changed after i re-read it entirely from start to finish & saw how binging an arc is different than weekly read
I did a re read of wano after 1044, and honestly it’s like a top 5 maybe top 3 arc for me. If Oda sticks the landing it could be my number 1, but all I see on here is hate for it. I find it strange that people who hate on the series so much are foaming at the mouth for spoilers.

I

Indigo

The people that says it's one of the best shounen manga? no, that's pretty accurate rating, you can even argue it's the best shounen

The people that says it's the best MANGA in general, and one of the greatest stories ever told in any medium? that's overrating it